Undocumented patient at UTMB spared from trip back home

Dec 24, 2011 | Posted by: Agent of Chaos | Full story: www.chron.com

Two months ago Francisco Martinez feared the University of Texas Medical Branch would ship him back to Mexico with a broken back and an uncertain fate because he is undocumented.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Really

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

We've got a country full of illegals, sucking the money out of taxpayers! Mexico claims to have FREE health care!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Sick or injured illegals should be the first ones deported. They're not gonna be working, just leaching off our society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

"Federal and state governments have no process for dealing with health care for the millions of illegal immigrants living and working in the United States. As a result, hospitals like UTMB across the country find themselves saddled with millions in medical care for undocumented immigrants who end up in the hospital, usually with life-threatening conditions."

----------

The govt should have deported this parasite immediately. Let mexico take care of their own instead of dumping this invading criminal on american taxpayers.

For all we know he's faking these injuries anyway. Illegals will do anything to rip off the hated gringos.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

This is ridiculous. He should be immediately deported and his employer should be fined and sent to prison.

All of these "groups" helping this illegal should be sent to prison too, for the felonies they are committing -- encouraging an illegal to come or stay here.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

UTMB in Galveston is where the prison hospital is located. They could have just moved him upstairs.

“Can You Believe It?”

Since: Nov 07

It's a riddle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Wow, what a picture. That's his common law wife kissing him? And that's his baby? He's paralyzed from the waste down and UTMB is paying for all of it (i like that part, but he looks like a dealer to me and not fish bait)?

Ya see what you get with the "hard line" approach to immigration reform and let's blame the current Administration in Washington? You get what you deserve.

I'd kiss that guy too, he'll be living like a king from now on. He shows us the way..ja ja ja ja ja ja jaja ja jajajaja
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

He's a human being. He should be provided the medical care he needs. He has a 6 month old baby that needs to be supported also.

“Can You Believe It?”

It's a riddle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

That guy doesn't even look like he's awake in that picture. He looks in a coma. So some lawyer is taking the black and white picture? I wonder what his name (the lawyer) is? "Have you been injured in an accident (hablo espanol)? You've come to the right place..." This ain't over..there's liability far and beyond the UTMB, i'm sure. Oh oh oh

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Juan wrote:
He's a human being. He should be provided the medical care he needs. He has a 6 month old baby that needs to be supported also.
I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YOU JUAN, BULL CHIT!!!!
Hit Back to England

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Juan wrote:
What about Brandi? She has needs too?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

No mention of how many other Lil' FoodStampers these two Phi Beta Kappas have bred for the American taxpayers to support.Sue the bait shop out of existance for hiring an illegal and not carrying the mandatory WC insurance.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Someone should pay for the injuries.......not the roofer, he was just trying to provide for his family.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Juan wrote:
Well, please, step up to the plate since you believe this. Nothing stopping you from providing for him and his baby. Since you believe he should be here, make sure you take care of him. Otherwise, his illegal arse needs to go back. Your choice. You foot the bill or bye bye!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

copperpossum wrote:
No mention of how many other Lil' FoodStampers these two Phi Beta Kappas have bred for the American taxpayers to support.Sue the bait shop out of existance for hiring an illegal and not carrying the mandatory WC insurance.
I agree. The company should be on the hook for the whole bill -- and be put out of business, to boot. Why not? It's a felony to hire the illegal alien, so much of the money earned by that business was done so through illegal means.
Pumped Up Kicks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The company should be on the hook for the whole bill -- and be put out of business, to boot. Why not? It's a felony to hire the illegal alien, so much of the money earned by that business was done so through illegal means.
I don't understand why the law is not even holding the company that employed Francisco Martinez accountable. We might not agree on much but I agree with you here. I'm sure the caregivers of Francisco Martinez will be getting a lawyer to seek compensation from the employer.
Pumped Up Kicks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Juan wrote:
Someone should pay for the injuries.......not the roofer, he was just trying to provide for his family.
The employer is responsible. When you work for any employer by law they're required to provide medical services to you in the event that you're injured on the job.

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Juan wrote:
Go ahead Juan, send the some money each week. It would be the right thing to do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

This sort of coddling of criminal invaders is why america is the laughingstock of the world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Pumped Up Kicks wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why the law is not even holding the company that employed Francisco Martinez accountable. We might not agree on much but I agree with you here. I'm sure the caregivers of Francisco Martinez will be getting a lawyer to seek compensation from the employer.
I hope they sue the sh*t out of him and win. And then I hope they deport his illegal behind back to where he belongs.

The employer should've been providing workers' comp. Period. Obviously he was paid under the table. So both employer and employee are wrong.

“Can You Believe It?”

It's a riddle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

Pumped Up Kicks wrote:
<quoted text>
If the company has a policy of no drugs or alcohol and a blood test shows that Francisco Martinez had drugs or alcohol then the worker's comp. won't pay and the company just considers him terminated from employment?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Texas Medical Branch Discussions

Search the University of Texas Medical Branch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nearly 25 percent of overweight women mispercei... (Nov '10) Sep '13 Dominik 2
Texas prisons face more lawsuits over no AC (Jun '13) Jun '13 Donny Brook 1
After decades as obstetrician, 'Dr. Dan' still ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Jeremy 2
In moderation, video games have their benefits (Feb '13) Feb '13 Kyou 5
1 dead, 1 injured after explosion at cylinder p... (Feb '13) Feb '13 connor 1
Groups Urge Lawmakers to Shutter Privately Run ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jazz 1
The Daily News blew it with its endorsements (Oct '12) Nov '12 The Truth 3
•••
•••