Texan becomes 1st Hispanic to lead school system

Feb 1, 2009 Full story: The Associated Press

A Mexican-American pediatric surgeon will become the nation's first Hispanic to preside over a major university system when Dr. Francisco Cigarroa takes the helm at the University of Texas System, which faces financial woes and complaints about diversity.

Cigarroa, a 51-year-old pediatric transplant surgeon from Laredo, looks at his new job as the system's new chancellor starting Monday as an opportunity to exceed expectations.

'Challenges really don't dissuade me from pursuing important opportunities,' Cigarroa told The Associated Press. 'If you're an optimist, you see opportunities, and that's the way I've been brought up.'

Full Story
new diversity

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Americans of colour are making with a new opportunities by way of looting Hispanics with cash returning home not thru the regular border points

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas Medical Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hospitals Wrestle With Extent of Ebola Treatment Nov '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Is Sexting Normal? Oct '14 dad of 3 1
Nearly 25 percent of overweight women mispercei... (Nov '10) Sep '13 Dominik 2
Texas prisons face more lawsuits over no AC (Jun '13) Jun '13 Donny Brook 1
After decades as obstetrician, 'Dr. Dan' still ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Jeremy 2
In moderation, video games have their benefits (Feb '13) Feb '13 Kyou 5
1 dead, 1 injured after explosion at cylinder p... (Feb '13) Feb '13 connor 1
More from around the web