Lawyer: Student facing deportation set to graduate

May 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WFAA

The lawyer for a South Texas university student body president facing deportation says his client should be able to stay in the U.S. long enough to get his degree but faces an uncertain future.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated May 28, 2011
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Judged:

Why ? Didn't they take enough taxpayer funded education ? We need to start billing countries of origin for their educations. No sympathy no reward for people who break our laws.
Obamanesty

Hemphill, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Judged:

Hurrah! Since one Mexican finished college, we should have a massive amnesty and let these ambitious aliens stay here and compete with our legal students for the few available jobs.

NOT!!

Since: Jan 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Judged:

Don't forget to pay back your student loans. Now go do something great in Mexico.
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Judged:

Shouldn't universities be checking the "legal status" of students before they can hold office? Just deport this one and call it a day!
half3moon2003

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

How did this messycan get into college. Who paid for his or her tuition? Don't tell me, the poor taxpayers. Deport this garbage and do your good deed for the day.
ima

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

I am wondering how he managed to pay for his education, Mom? what job would provide her son with this kind of education? How can they expect to get supported for their cause when they've been breaking the law all these years??? As bright as he may be, he broke the law from the beginning? Why should we give him preference when they are doing wrong? They don't mention if mom is legally here. He almost pulled it off! If he had student loans, was being here legally not a requirement? Or they lied, used stolen identity? They lied, lied,lied and this cannot be overlooked!!!!! What a mess they got themselves into, even mom. She helped him lie!
annie

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Guess he isn't very good at law school if he tried to go around the law when his mom got married.

Is he one of Mexico's brightest? omg

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas at Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UTEP College of Education: Teaching program get... (Nov '13) Nov '13 JWRussell USRN 2
Super fast Internet access coming to Valley ins... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Star 1
Ground Troops Replaced By Aircraft On US Border (Dec '11) Dec '11 Boots On The Ground 1
Drug war sends emotionally troubled kids to Texas (Nov '11) Nov '11 CrankyFranky 2
Still no solution for illegal immigrants' long-... (Oct '11) Nov '11 REWBA 47
Congressional hearing focuses on border security (Sep '11) Sep '11 PATRIOT 4
Border security forum Monday (Sep '11) Sep '11 Pamela Taylor 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

University of Texas at Brownsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••