Drug war sends emotionally troubled kids to Texas

Nov 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Telegram.com

The classroom falls silent as the teacher explains that victims of violence go through specific psychological stages in the aftermath of an attack.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Vietnam Vet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

This is proof that US Taxpayers money is being wasted on the problems of a foreign countries problem . This is pure unadulterated BS .Every penny spent is a crime and should be deducted from the school boards pay .

Kathy Ortega, director of counseling for the El Paso district, said officials do not keep track of how many students traumatized by border violence seek help, but the number includes both kids who have moved to Texas and others who still live in border cities but cross into the U.S. for school.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11/28/35553...
CrankyFranky

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

I'm for helping these kids, but is the El Paso ISD being paid for this service by Mexico. The should get paid out of the three-billion we send Mexico every year BEFORE it goes to Mexico. So Calderon's and Fox's take will be a little smaller, so what?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Texas at Brownsville Discussions

Search the University of Texas at Brownsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UTEP College of Education: Teaching program get... (Nov '13) Nov '13 JWRussell USRN 2
Super fast Internet access coming to Valley ins... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Star 1
Ground Troops Replaced By Aircraft On US Border (Dec '11) Dec '11 Boots On The Ground 1
Still no solution for illegal immigrants' long-... (Oct '11) Nov '11 REWBA 47
Congressional hearing focuses on border security (Sep '11) Sep '11 PATRIOT 4
Border security forum Monday (Sep '11) Sep '11 Pamela Taylor 1
Help us to find a bike or car (Sep '11) Sep '11 Matteo 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••