Poll: Americans split on Supreme Court

Poll: Americans split on Supreme Court

There are 6 comments on the WTAE-TV Pittsburgh story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Poll: Americans split on Supreme Court. In it, WTAE-TV Pittsburgh reports that:

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAE-TV Pittsburgh.

sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#1 Jun 20, 2013
Split? They should be disgusted that a bunch of political hack judges appointed not elected for life literally get to make judgement calls. They rationalize their decisions like 2 bit crack junkies trying to disguise their bias, incompetence and selfishness.

The judges need to go back to merry old England times and start wearing wigs so we don't have to look at their disgusting faces. And they keep making decisions the way they are I don't think a wig disguise would hurt out in public and not just in court.

NEVER EVER FORGET "supreme" court "justices" are appointed and approved by politicians which means there are favors to paid off and deals to be made.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#3 Jun 20, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Split? They should be disgusted that a bunch of political hack judges appointed not elected for life literally get to make judgement calls. They rationalize their decisions like 2 bit crack junkies trying to disguise their bias, incompetence and selfishness.
The judges need to go back to merry old England times and start wearing wigs so we don't have to look at their disgusting faces. And they keep making decisions the way they are I don't think a wig disguise would hurt out in public and not just in court.
NEVER EVER FORGET "supreme" court "justices" are appointed and approved by politicians which means there are favors to paid off and deals to be made.
You want a simple, streamlined government like Yemen?
truth

Abilene, TX

#4 Jun 20, 2013
the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.
Shelia R Fackler

Ghaziabad, India

#5 Jun 20, 2013
upto I saw the draft 4 $4741, I accept that my best friend woz realie receiving money part time on their apple labtop.. there sisters roommate started doing this 4 only 8 months and as of now paid for the morgage on their mini mansion and bourt themselves a Porsche 911. I went here, kep2.ℂom
Shelia R Fackler

Ghaziabad, India

#8 Jun 20, 2013
Elizabeth. if you think Jack`s blog is great, I just got themselves a Porsche 911 from having made $8501 this - 4 weeks past and-over, ten grand lass month. without a question it is the most-comfortable job Ive ever had. I actually started 8-months ago and practically straight away began to earn minimum $77, per/hr. I use the details here, w­w­w.K­E­P­2.c­o­m
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#9 Jun 20, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>You want a simple, streamlined government like Yemen?
No I want the "justices" to adhere to the constitutionality of a law, recuse themselves when they have bias, have conflict of interests or it's none of the court's business.

They are accountable to no one after the politicians appoint and approve them. Although they can be blackmailed by the politicians and others who pushed to get them appointed and approved. Those justices are there because of political connections and not judicial decisions.

The fact there are even dissenting opinions shows the court does not follow the same set of rules and guidlines when making a decision which should be the constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas at Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump - Trump: Nearly '180,000 illegal i... Jul 22 HOLLA ISABELLA 2
News Suspect in UT homicide arrested Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Police arrest 17-year-old in Beaverton woman's ... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News SXSW: The Latino Millennial Vote Maria Teresa K... Mar '16 wild child 1
News Texas Campus Police Instructed to Ignore Incons... Mar '16 Ben Gazi 1
News Misconceptions about undocumented immigrants Feb '16 spytheweb 3
News UT/TT Poll: Bar Muslims, Deport Undocumented Im... Feb '16 Booth farts 3
More from around the web