Concealed carry in Texas: Students v ...

Concealed carry in Texas: Students v guns

There are 3 comments on the The Economist story from May 12, 2011, titled Concealed carry in Texas: Students v guns. In it, The Economist reports that:

ON APRIL 4th an alert went out around the University of Texas at Austin. Police had received a report of an Asian male, apparently carrying two weapons, near the university's main gym.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Economist.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 May 13, 2011
Will the next Cho obey the campus gun laws ?
Sarcasm wrote:
CHO ! What are you going to do with those two handguns ?

(Cho): I'm going to school with them.

(Me): Guns are not allowed on campus !

(Cho): So what. I'm gonna do something much worse than violate a campus gun law.
Criminals ignore gun laws, that's why we call them criminals, they ignore laws.

About one year before Cho massacred people at Virginia Tech, the administrators there, voted to prohibit guns on the campus. And after that vote, one or two people thanked the Virginia Tech administrators for keeping the campus safe.
Wikipedia wrote:
HB 1572, was intended to forbid public universities in Virginia from preventing students from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun on campus. The university opposed the bill, which quickly died in subcommittee. Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker praised the defeat of the bill, stating, "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."
Two minute video How To Create Gun free Zone:

Sharkey

Louisville, KY

#2 May 13, 2011
The title has a typo, but I can see how to correct it:

"Concealed carry in Texas: Students v Freedom"
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#3 May 13, 2011
I've carried my guns for many years and will continue to carry them. I don't have a permit and don't need one. Come try to take them PIGS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas at Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breakthrough In Energy Storage: New Carbon Mate... (Sep '08) May 6 Ddx 3
News Confusing Texas community college websites coul... Apr '18 Tolly 4
News Rev. Jeff Schreve, Pastor of the First Baptist ... (May '14) Mar '18 Fart Turdson 41
News Maria Cristina Chio Dec '17 Yos 2
News New Material for Better Lithium-Ion Batteries (Nov '17) Nov '17 Solarman 1
Super quick 60 second student survey!-Please help (Oct '17) Oct '17 Datboi123 2
News House Republican vows to boycott University of ... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Canelo 1