Your brain chemistry existed before a...

Your brain chemistry existed before animals did

There are 8 comments on the New Scientist story from Sep 2, 2011, titled Your brain chemistry existed before animals did. In it, New Scientist reports that:

Dirk Fasshauer of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland, and colleagues were studying a pair of essential neural proteins called Munc18/syntaxin1 when they decided to look for them in very simple, single-celled organisms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Scientist.

voice in wilderness

Cary, NC

#1 Sep 2, 2011
What possible difference can it make to anybody?
Death is total in every generation. It matters not
how many scientific discoveries we make. God has put a limit on man's days.
BigBang

River Grove, IL

#2 Sep 2, 2011
Is "voice" depressed?

"The brain is a lot more than a bunch of choanoflagellates."

Cheer up!
voice in wilderness

Cary, NC

#3 Sep 3, 2011
Yes, I know what the brain is and no I am not depressed. I am a realist. Why do men imagine such vanity? Why do they think they can unravel the makings of the universe? God is only going to let the human race go so far and then the Master is going to say,"It's quittin time." This life would be far better spent if we live to serve the creator rather than to expose His secrets and inflate our egos.
you must be kidding

Houston, TX

#4 Sep 6, 2011
voice in wilderness wrote:
Yes, I know what the brain is
Really? Then tell us what it is because we don't know what the brain is.
and no I am not depressed..
Really? How do you know you are not?
I am a realist..
What does that mean? You just know a lot???
Why do men imagine such vanity? Why do they think they can unravel the makings of the universe? God is only going to let the human race go so far and then the Master is going to say,"It's quittin time." This life would be far better spent if we live to serve the creator rather than to expose His secrets and inflate our egos.
Do you ever get sick? Do you then want a cure? Do you not seek medical help that is based on science?
voice in the wilderness

Cary, NC

#5 Sep 6, 2011
God himself has revealed medical cures for the benefit of mankind, but He rarely gets the credit.
In all of it's efforts to make God a liar, science has proven the opposite. There is a creator and He alone is worthy of worship. Without Him, we can do nothing.
voice in the wilderness

Cary, NC

#6 Sep 6, 2011
Your brain is encapsulated within your skull.And within it's folds is something that touches something that touches something that is connected to the SOUL. Do you know that the life of the flesh is the blood? Chemotherapy drugs do not cross the blood brain barrier. But they do destroy the elements of the blood. That is why millions of people have died "cancer free". The Chemo killed them because it killed the blood. Science is far from perfect and if a few scientist would pray, I bet God would reveal a cure for cancer. Society would not be in the horrible shape it is in if people would humble themselves and PRAY to the only God who hears and answers prayer, Jesus Christ.
you must be kidding

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 6, 2011
voice in the wilderness wrote:
God himself has revealed medical cures for the benefit of mankind, but He rarely gets the credit.
In all of it's efforts to make God a liar, science has proven the opposite. There is a creator and He alone is worthy of worship. Without Him, we can do nothing.
If you have any evidence to what you're asserting, present it here.
voice in the wilderness

Apex, NC

#8 Sep 9, 2011
Today is Sept8,2011. Please read the WTVD investigative report about flawed clinical trials at Duke and a pending law suit.Just one example of why people need Jesus Christ in their lives. Science is flawed because people are flawed. When something good and true comes from the scientific world it is because God himself overrode circumstances and gave it as a gift to the human race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas at Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in UT homicide arrested Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Police arrest 17-year-old in Beaverton woman's ... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News SXSW: The Latino Millennial Vote Maria Teresa K... Mar '16 wild child 1
News Texas Campus Police Instructed to Ignore Incons... Mar '16 Ben Gazi 1
News Misconceptions about undocumented immigrants Feb '16 spytheweb 3
News UT/TT Poll: Bar Muslims, Deport Undocumented Im... Feb '16 Booth farts 3
News Nearly half of Texas voters want to ban Muslims... Feb '16 wild child 1
More from around the web