American Sociological Association May...

American Sociological Association May Move Against Regnerus Study Soon

There are 26 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 25, 2012, titled American Sociological Association May Move Against Regnerus Study Soon. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

It is becoming obvious that Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin is in some pretty serious trouble for taking $750,000 from the National Organization for Marriage and then producing an inaccurate, invalid, and academically unsound sociological study aimed at demonizing gay parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#21 Aug 26, 2012
Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully you and NOM are going the same way as those who supported slave ownership.
You mean teh Democratic Party.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#22 Aug 26, 2012
Rizla wrote:
<quoted text>What if statistics from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) prove that choosing to engage in homosexual behavior results in all sorts of unfortunate, but chosen consequences?
Should all of the findings be suppressed?
Should the scientists who conducted the study be arrested and jailed?
Virtually all homos clamor for the government to arrest and jail all their opponents if they fail to silence them.
I don't want you arrested and jailed. I want you to stop making stuff up about us though. I want the real truth not "made up" truth.

Given that heterosexual people catch all kind of sexually transmitted diseases from each other and they do so by choice and knowing the consequences, I don't really see the point of your argument.

And the argument I make can be about anything - People who drink to excess end up with diseases consequential to that behavior and they know about the risks but they choose to engage anyway.

People who ski may fall and break a limb. Any risky behavior has consequences.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23 Aug 31, 2012
Has anyone got an update on this story?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#24 Aug 31, 2012
snyper wrote:
Has anyone got an update on this story?
On this particular aspect of the story, no, but there have been other developments. The University of Texas has dropped their fraud investigation, saying that for the most part it was "differences in opinion", but he ain't out of the woods just yet. An ethics complaint has been filed against one of the peer reviewers to blame for this mess getting published in the first place. It turns out that Dr Brad Wilcox, not only is a board member of the Witherspoon Institute that funded the study, but was a paid consultant on the study itself.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/ethics-c...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#25 Aug 31, 2012
(shock)

That is FAR too incestuous to be valid peer review.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Aug 31, 2012
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want you arrested and jailed. I want you to stop making stuff up about us though. I want the real truth not "made up" truth.
I have nothing against the people who are simply "rank and file." Heads of an organization -- say, NOM -- are a different matter. But posters here, I wish no jail sentence upon. I agree with you, rabidly so: I believe antigay allegations should henceforth be introduced *in every gay rights court case* before judges and addressed again and again and again vis-a-vis the ANTIGAY REACTION in court and cross-examination *of the antigay* before judges.
KirkW wrote:
Given that heterosexual people catch all kind of sexually transmitted diseases from each other and they do so by choice and knowing the consequences, I don't really see the point of your argument.
And the argument I make can be about anything - People who drink to excess end up with diseases consequential to that behavior and they know about the risks but they choose to engage anyway.
People who ski may fall and break a limb. Any risky behavior has consequences.
Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas at Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SXSW: The Latino Millennial Vote Maria Teresa K... (Mar '16) Jul 31 Operator NumberTwo 2
News Surprise! Cougars Want Sex (Jul '10) Jun '17 ESOJ 18
News District 44: Gary Inmon (Dec '10) May '17 Renee 6
News New BBC documentary reveals the moment an aster... May '17 NAME 3
News If asteroid hit seconds later dinosaurs may hav... May '17 T-rex_Rules 1
News Petition for sanctuary institution gains momentum (Nov '16) May '17 Eddie 5
News Austin-San Antonio corridor is one of nation's ... Mar '17 NationsPharts 1
More from around the web