BeznaWarrior

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Ian Hancock is not a gypsy. He is a Romani. The difference in nomenclature is so important that Hancock, a professor of English, linguistics and Asian studies at The University of Texas at Austin since 1972, has devoted most of his adult life to dispelling ignorance about the ethnic group into which he was born.
We, the 22 milions romanians, started a petition to forbide the use of "romani" for this ethnical group because it confuse this minority ethnic group with the majority of "romanians". romani = tigani(in Romanian language)= gitano (spanish)= gypsies (english)= Zigeneur (german) etc...There is no "romani" ethnic group.There's only "romanians". They can call themselves however they want but not "romani". How about if tomorrow will want to call themeself "americaos". Wouldn't it be confusing?
BeznaWarrior

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

I forgot to put the link of the petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/qd3xx666/petiti...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••