Sex Ed Is Under Attack At Colleges Ac...

Sex Ed Is Under Attack At Colleges Across America | Cosmopolitan

There are 2 comments on the The Huffington Post story from May 5, 2013, titled Sex Ed Is Under Attack At Colleges Across America | Cosmopolitan. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Talking about sex on college campuses shouldn't be all that scandalous. They're just big, ivy-coated hotbeds of the so-called "hook up culture," right? But in covering all things sex at Cosmopolitan, it's become clear that sex education is under attack at colleges across the country-and students aren't taking it lying down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

achyfi

Dedham, MA

#1 May 5, 2013
I'm waiting for Cosmo and the Huffington Post to explain to me why the tax dollars of hardworking Americans should be spent on teaching college students how to use sex toys.

There is a compelling public interest in educating teenagers about reproduction, sexually transmitted diseases, and being responsible. All of which should be taking place long before they go to college. Most colleges also have health centers that continue to provide educational information as well as free condoms.

However, if schools and/or students want to hold "Sex Weeks" debating the merits of edible lube and the proper technique for a rim job, let them raise the money themselves. I'm quite sure there are more pressing public priorities that could use the money.
Jeep

Mesa, AZ

#2 May 5, 2013
achyfi wrote:
I'm waiting for Cosmo and the Huffington Post to explain to me why the tax dollars of hardworking Americans should be spent on teaching college students how to use sex toys.
Tax dollars my ass. I paid my own way through not one, but two universities. If they want to talk about sex, toys, stories, or what the price of tea is in China, let them. Its their dime, not yours, not mine. Maybe a very small part of taxes go to the school, but the bulk comes from the students (be it in the form of paying for it, loans, grants ect).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... Jul 13 ThomasA 79
News News 1 hour ago 4:10 a.m.First-graders cuffed, ... Jul 2 Mary Williams 11
News Over 30 arrested following investigation into d... (May '11) Jun '16 grimy phoxx 25
News Not everyone happy about change to $20 May '16 woodtick57 118
News Tennessee Lawmakers Consider Bill That Could Ch... Apr '16 hal 5
News Masked men wanted for a Greeneville pharmacy bu... (Sep '13) Apr '16 Lol 20
News Rep. Daniel: ISIS should be allowed to recruit ... Mar '16 Joanna 13
More from around the web