University of Tennessee uses Student Fees to pay for Lesbian Bondage Expert

There are 2 comments on the townhall.com story from Mar 14, 2013, titled University of Tennessee uses Student Fees to pay for Lesbian Bondage Expert. In it, townhall.com reports that:

A lesbian bondage expert and a campus-wide condom scavenger hunt are among the activities planned for The University of Tennessee's first-ever "Sex Week" - an event paid for in-part by student fees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at townhall.com.

U T Dad

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 14, 2013
I am ashamed of the so-called leadership of UT for promoting such rubbish and then paying for any of it with student fees. As the parent of two UT graduates, we are saddened by this embarrassing foolishness.
girlnextdoor

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 14, 2013
U T Dad wrote:
I am ashamed of the so-called leadership of UT for promoting such rubbish and then paying for any of it with student fees. As the parent of two UT graduates, we are saddened by this embarrassing foolishness.
UT student here. The article makes it sound like it's a university-sponsored event, and it isn't. It's sponsored by a student-run campus organization. Any campus organization can request funds from the university to put on an event, and most of the time they get some of them. All of the promotion and everything is also done by other students.

Plus they're talking about sexual assault prevention and faith and sexuality. It isn't just about how to have sex.

That said, I'm still not participating. But it isn't as bad as the article makes it sound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UT football player arrested, charged with theft Apr 3 bjames_37921 1
News Retired bishop: God wants us to 'start recogniz... (Apr '14) Mar '15 RevKen 23
News Harlan, Ky. police has enough of a Frozena weat... Feb '15 Guest 1
News Airport Business Park Sells for $4.7 Million Feb '15 jesus loves u try... 1
News 'Family' matters when predicting ecosystems' re... Dec '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Prehistoric conflict hastened human brain's cap... Nov '14 marc verhaegen 1
News Red M&Ms exist today thanks to this man Nov '14 oldman 3
More from around the web