Daniel Dawson: Not A Typical High School Student

Apr 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Daniel Dawson of Dunlap is not your typical high school student. He is a sophomore taking college level courses at Middle College High School on the campus of Chattanooga State.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 17, 2013
tired of ignorance

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

This is great! Finally something about our youth that is impressive.I think we need to hear more about our youth that are doing something with their life,instead of all the cyber bullying on here.
Former student

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

tired of ignorance wrote:
This is great! Finally something about our youth that is impressive.I think we need to hear more about our youth that are doing something with their life,instead of all the cyber bullying on here.
He is a typical teen ager. Why make such a fuss he probably has wealthy parents
tired of ignorance

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Former student wrote:
<quoted text>He is a typical teen ager. Why make such a fuss he probably has wealthy parents
Money doesn't make you intelligent
FOR YOUR INFORMATION

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

I know his parents.....no they are not wealthy. They have just worked hard to raise 2 great kids!!!!
tired of ignorance

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Former student wrote:
<quoted text>He is a typical teen ager. Why make such a fuss he probably has wealthy parents
Do you prefer to read about the youth here that are into drugs,getting pregnant,into crime and all sorts of things that are costing are taxpayers in this town? I don't think this young man Cost us anything, and maybe if someone recognizes his excellence , he will come back here to help this dead beat town after he graduates.Now what is your definition of typical teenager?
Proud-dad

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Thank you for your words of kindness. Daniel is an exceptional young man. I know I'm his dad but everyone that knows him understands that. I will tell you he is very focused on his goals. I wish at least all the top ten students would take advantage of middle college. Daniel is expecting to get accepted at schools like UTK, Alabama, Stanford, U. of Penn. just to name a few. If he is accepted and his ACT scores are good enough his education will be paid for. I'm very proud of both our kids. We got told all the time by perfect strangers, " thank you for raising such polite children. It's so refreshing to know some parents still know how it's done". That is all I got to say.
Truthurts

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Proud-dad wrote:
Thank you for your words of kindness. Daniel is an exceptional young man. I know I'm his dad but everyone that knows him understands that. I will tell you he is very focused on his goals. I wish at least all the top ten students would take advantage of middle college. Daniel is expecting to get accepted at schools like UTK, Alabama, Stanford, U. of Penn. just to name a few. If he is accepted and his ACT scores are good enough his education will be paid for. I'm very proud of both our kids. We got told all the time by perfect strangers, " thank you for raising such polite children. It's so refreshing to know some parents still know how it's done". That is all I got to say.
Mr Dawson, you should be proud of your son,he is focused on his future. That is what I call proper parenting,and that is unusual in these times. Seems like all we ever hear is the bad stuff kids are doing, and I'm proud for for him. Keep up the good work Daniel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Discussions

Search the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Most charges dropped against UTC student who qu... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Angela Cummings 1
Strawberries every spring: Festival preparation... (Apr '13) Dec '13 Anon 2
UTC Student Arrested, Forced To The Ground Afte... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ThomasA 2
Michael Dexter Added To St. Timothy Episcopal's... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Selecia Jones- JAX FL 1
Armadillo invasion of East TN verified by video (Apr '13) May '13 dixie 5
Will Misee Harris Be the First Black Bachelorette? (Jan '13) Mar '13 Frank 10
Lee Softball Dominates Visiting Asbury (Mar '13) Mar '13 FYI 1
•••
•••