Coating makes scratches on cars disap...

Coating makes scratches on cars disappear

There are 5 comments on the www.reuters.com story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Coating makes scratches on cars disappear. In it, www.reuters.com reports that:

Scientists have developed a polyurethane coating that heals its own scratches when exposed to sunlight, offering the promise of scratch-free cars and other products, researchers said on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.reuters.com.

JourneyJerker

Appleton, WI

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Shape-shifter. Watch-out for this paint job, if you key it, it will assimilate you.
truthist

Zephyrhills, FL

#2 Mar 13, 2009
JourneyJerker wrote:
Shape-shifter. Watch-out for this paint job, if you key it, it will assimilate you.
Great! Only in sunlight..
shadow

Charlotte, NC

#3 Mar 13, 2009
MEGATRON!

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Mar 13, 2009
Botox, you're a goner.

“Women (and cats) of WoW unite!”

Since: Jul 07

San Diego, but now: The Woods

#5 Mar 14, 2009
Yay! To think that a person could get a ding in their car (or guitar) and with an hour's exposure to sunlight it's like it never happened.

Oh wait. I live in Oregon. Where it rains. A lot.

So the UV intensity would vary. How long will that scratch recovery take here, I wonder?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Southern Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CDC recommends behavioral therapy for ADHD trea... (May '16) Dec '17 DEFLECTION CDC 3
News Get a Untangleda at conference in Long Beach (Mar '17) Mar '17 Lynda Loper 1
News The biological basis of being gay (Mar '17) Mar '17 Tre H 3
News 'Dreamer' Detained After She Urged President Tr... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Mikey 2
News Charles Fail Source: Jasper County Sheriff's De... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Roylovett 1
News Mississippi 1st Congressional District race on ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Stay Home 2
News 021516-Oscar's flagMAIN (Feb '16) Feb '16 HumanSpirit 2
More from around the web