Man Receives Prison Sentence for Rape

Man Receives Prison Sentence for Rape

There are 11 comments on the www.kmeg.com story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Man Receives Prison Sentence for Rape. In it, www.kmeg.com reports that:

A Minnesota man who raped a student in a dorm room at the University of South Dakota has received a ten year suspended prison sentence, but will spend some time behind bars. 19-year-old Zachary Larson will serve 90 days in state prison. After being released from prison, he will be placed in jail for a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kmeg.com.

dj dirty skillet

United States

#1 Aug 6, 2008
lock em up and throw the key away!
diane

Miami, FL

#2 Aug 6, 2008
sick , sick, sick . I think people that do things like this should get life...
KAREN

Sunnyvale, CA

#3 Aug 6, 2008
he should have to register as a sex offender,for the rest of his life...
Amber

United States

#4 Aug 6, 2008
What is this world coming to, when a teenager can rape someone and only get aproximately a year and a half. That disgusts me!! I think that he should do some hard time for such a nasty thing.
Jackie-mom of two girls

Woolstock, IA

#5 Aug 6, 2008
me who do this sort of thing, in my opinion, DO NOT deserve a second chance. this wasn't something that he did by accident, he has already done it more than once. most men who do this keep doing it! so it will probably happen again once he gets out. just think if that was your little girl. what a sick system we have!
Questions

United States

#6 Aug 6, 2008
I dont understand how the lack of jail time can help him understand that he has shattered a persons life. Is this what we have to look forward to from our justice system. I am not in favor for my taxes taking of this sicko but I think he got off EASY!!!!!!!!!
Danielle

Twin Falls, ID

#7 Aug 6, 2008
WTF!! What law made him so special. This girl is suffering and he's getting his laughs twice! I can not in anyway shape or form believe that our justice system is letting him basically scott free! I sure hope they get him in prison..at least then the girl might have some kind of satisfaction.
Steve - Iowa

Fort Dodge, IA

#8 Aug 6, 2008
He is lucky that he didn't get the crap beat out of him from the college boys. The justice system has failed us again and believe me they will be making him one of their girles in prison. He will get what is coming to him.
friend of zach

Portland, OR

#9 Sep 3, 2008
i understand where all you people come from on rapists'. but obvioiusly you don't know this guy and obviously you don't know the whole story. the girl apparantly got her satisfaction out of it cuz she text him a few days before he was sentenced asking if he was mad at her. do you really think you would want to talk to your rapist let alone care if they are mad at you? no. didn't think so. so i understand how you feel on rapists', i feel the same way. but you don't know the whole story. it's funny how quickly people jump to judge people.
samr

Spokane, WA

#10 Sep 9, 2008
well if i was raped i sure wouldnt care if he or she was mad at me, yea she should be charged he should sue her ruining his name and shame he went thru
diane

Bannock, OH

#11 Sep 10, 2008
I think that there is alot more to this then we know .I think and its just me maybe she didnt get her way and she didnt like it. just by her asking should show that there was more to it then we know. and I feel anyone that dosse rape a person should be but in there own town . and live that way . to were if they are going to rape they can do it to there own kind . I dont want to pay for them to live for being so sick .and i dont want to let them get out and do it again . Like someone said if they did it 1 time they will do it again....... the justice system needs to find a place were they canput this kind and to were they couldnt come back.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of South Dakota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Dakota 218 - Logan L. Gregg University of... May '16 Eliza Abbott 1
News Answer Man: How old is KSDK meteorologist Cindy... (Jul '09) Feb '16 Jeannie 14
News Oops! University Of South Dakota Billboard Cont... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Don Myers 1
News Tiniest of Typos Looms Large on College Billboard (Dec '15) Dec '15 Parden Pard 4
News Science to Carson: You're wrong (Mar '15) Mar '15 Ross 14
News 'Hammer slaying': Zemir Begic's family gathers ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 noPD 3
News Former SD Gov. Janklow says he's dying of cancer (Nov '11) Aug '13 rettledel 12
More from around the web