Mom charged w/the death of infant child

May 13, 2009 Full story: www.fox10tv.com 15

On November 1, 2008 at 4:30 in the morning, Mobile Police received a call about a one-year-old child, James Langley, Jr., who died at the University of South Alabama Childrena s and Womena s Hospital.

Full Story

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

#1 May 13, 2009
W T F is it about methadone that makes people want to give it to their children?????? Is it that everywhere they turn at a methadone clinic they are told how glorious it is? Is it that so many sites on the net proclaim it has no ill-effects on the body? What are people really thinking? And why are they so easily brainwashed into thinking this drug causes no harm? We need to wake up. This is not a drug that can be given to others, swapped, or taken by anyone who is not in dire need. It's ridiculous. I won't assume this mother was a poster-patient at the local clinic, and had takehomes. I WANT to assume she was just buying it off of the street and giving it to her child to make them sleep. Either way, wtf happened to letting your child get enough exercise so they were READY to go to sleep at night??? OUTSIDE PLAY WITH YOUR CHILD. There's a novel f'ing idea.... but then again, how can one do that when they are on the nod?
Sarah

Pittsford, NY

#2 May 13, 2009
mike1975 wrote:
W T F is it about methadone that makes people want to give it to their children?????? Is it that everywhere they turn at a methadone clinic they are told how glorious it is? Is it that so many sites on the net proclaim it has no ill-effects on the body? What are people really thinking? And why are they so easily brainwashed into thinking this drug causes no harm? We need to wake up. This is not a drug that can be given to others, swapped, or taken by anyone who is not in dire need. It's ridiculous. I won't assume this mother was a poster-patient at the local clinic, and had takehomes. I WANT to assume she was just buying it off of the street and giving it to her child to make them sleep. Either way, wtf happened to letting your child get enough exercise so they were READY to go to sleep at night??? OUTSIDE PLAY WITH YOUR CHILD. There's a novel f'ing idea.... but then again, how can one do that when they are on the nod?
this is why methadone gets a bad name. they never post how many lives methadone has saved. there is parents out there if it wasn't for methadone they wouldn't even be able to take care of there kids cause they can't even get out of bed to care for there kid. some crazy bitch gives her kid methadone and now people think it should be banned. give it up methadone isn't for everyone but it helps millions of people everyday.
Sarah

Pittsford, NY

#3 May 13, 2009
would about that crazy bitch that drove her kids in to the water and they all died. should they get rid of every car in the world?

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

#4 May 13, 2009
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>this is why methadone gets a bad name. they never post how many lives methadone has saved. there is parents out there if it wasn't for methadone they wouldn't even be able to take care of there kids cause they can't even get out of bed to care for there kid. some crazy bitch gives her kid methadone and now people think it should be banned. give it up methadone isn't for everyone but it helps millions of people everyday.
You need to look into the current child poisoning statistics. It doesn't really matter what you or I think, it's ridiculous the percentage of children poisoned by methadone opposed to other things. It also doesn't fly that methadone helps 4 people in an area to better their lives while furthering the addicton for 900. You are a product of what you have been told to repeat. The real world isn't really what they told you...
Sarah

Pittsford, NY

#5 May 13, 2009
mike1975 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look into the current child poisoning statistics. It doesn't really matter what you or I think, it's ridiculous the percentage of children poisoned by methadone opposed to other things. It also doesn't fly that methadone helps 4 people in an area to better their lives while furthering the addicton for 900. You are a product of what you have been told to repeat. The real world isn't really what they told you...
it's only cause u have a one track mind on methadone. u just have never seen the good side to methadone only the bad side. the thing is as bad as u want methadone banned it will never happen. thats a fact and u know it.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

#6 May 14, 2009
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>it's only cause u have a one track mind on methadone. u just have never seen the good side to methadone only the bad side. the thing is as bad as u want methadone banned it will never happen. thats a fact and u know it.
Where do you get that I want methadone banned? Have you read somewhere that I want it banned? No, and that's a fact. I have seen the good side of methadone, that was quickly turned into the bad side of methadone by a methadone clinic. It isn't always the patients out there wanting to get high who are taking more methadone than needed. I know quite a bit about the good that can come from methadone, and also a little about the bad that can come from methadone the way it is used today. It's never been about banning methadone, just changing the way it's given out like ketchup at Burger King. The real problem as I (my opinion only) is the way methadone and other prescription narcotics are seen currently by the public and majority of medical practicioners. Methadone is a drug. And no matter how much you, or any advocate or patient anywhere praise it, it's still just a drug. Nothing more. It does what it does. There is a right and wrong way to use it, and my belief is the way it is currently being used is not the right way, by far. You can say what you want, but "for profit" are words that influence the actions of prescribers. Those words are the bottom line in many decisions made. Until profit becomes less important than helping, there's really not a whole lot to be said about the way methadone is used. Prescribing methadone is a very profitable business to be in right now, and it's people like you that are out to make sure that doesn't change, whether you know it or not...
PamH

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 May 14, 2009
"Prescribing methadone is a very profitable business to be in right now, and it's people like you that are out to make sure that doesn't change, whether you know it or not..."
----------

Once again Mike, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head!!! Something about the TRUTH just scares the sh@t outta people. We all know of folks who methadone has HELPED, but only when they have used it as a tool and not a crutch to further their addiction(s). We also know of folks whom it has killed, we can see the lesser of the two evils for ourselves. I have always maintained that even just ONE death is TOO many from methadone and stand by that til I die.

Good to see ya here pal;-)
Sarah

Pittsford, NY

#8 May 14, 2009
PamH wrote:
"Prescribing methadone is a very profitable business to be in right now, and it's people like you that are out to make sure that doesn't change, whether you know it or not..."
----------
Once again Mike, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head!!! Something about the TRUTH just scares the sh@t outta people. We all know of folks who methadone has HELPED, but only when they have used it as a tool and not a crutch to further their addiction(s). We also know of folks whom it has killed, we can see the lesser of the two evils for ourselves. I have always maintained that even just ONE death is TOO many from methadone and stand by that til I die.
Good to see ya here pal;-)
u allways have to but your head in all the time.

“Don't let the man get u down!!”

Since: Apr 09

Seattle Via London

#9 May 20, 2009
I totally agree with you Mike u have hit the nail on the head! And what arew these so CALLED PARENTS THINKING ANYWAY??? Ill give my child methadone to calm them down out just get them out of my har, so that i can go about NOT being a parent??? Since when did parenting trun into DRUGGING your children so as to NOT REALLY BE A PARENT!! What happened to the JOY OF PARENTING??? And why are so many doctors these days GETTING KICKBACKS and FREE VACATIONS and BROWNIE POINTS for putting ppl on methadone? YES methadone has it's uses and can be VERY BENIFICAL when USED IN THE CORRECT MANNER!! But like u said MIke Id like to thik this INHUMAN woman who would go to the extent to drug her child was buying it off the street!! I've been a CRONIC pain pATIENT SINCE I WAS 15 AND HAVE BEEN ON OPAITES FOR 21 YRS AND WHEN I DID GET INVOLVED WITH DRUGS IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO A CLINIC WHERE I WAS EXPOSED! to it everday and as a kid myself was not properley equiped to deal with the ONSLauaght OF CLINIC "life". i DON'T WANT MAETHADONE TO BE banned , THATS REDICULIOUS.! WE are all individuals and as such we need to be dealt with in a individual way!! Doctors NEED TO B E EDUCATED about the DRUGS they perscribe! Parents thier is no BOOK TO SAY WHAT TO DO if you cant handle being a parent , but giving ur child DRUGS is BEYOND ME!!

Love & Light The Budda...
Ex-ppt

AOL

#10 May 20, 2009
This woman simply murdered her child.

Altho I do agree with Sarah, where are the good stories about methadone and how many lives it has saved as wll. I thought this forum was about "BOTH SIDES".
Ex-ppt

AOL

#11 May 20, 2009
Or has this become the death and dying forum?

There are many awareness forums out there also. They give out both sides, the dangers and benefits.

Pam it does not matter if its a profitable business. The makers of NSAIDS is a profitable business and more peiple die from that each year. So is Cigarette sales. Lung Cancer is a huge killer each year. But if we can make both sides known about methadone and its properties in a "NICE" manner and in a way where people will understand the dangers, that would be better than all the sarcasm I think. How are you btw...and I never said thanks for what you said to me about the accident. I am seeing a Chiro for that this week and we start EMDR tomorrow, let you know how that goes because it does also help for ADDICTION and other aspects of life people have been thru that have been traumatic.
FOR PAM

AOL

#12 May 20, 2009
CAN U EMAIL ME?

frendinrecovry@aol.com

PP
FOR PAM

AOL

#13 May 20, 2009
Budda-23 wrote:
I totally agree with you Mike u have hit the nail on the head! And what arew these so CALLED PARENTS THINKING ANYWAY??? Ill give my child methadone to calm them down out just get them out of my har, so that i can go about NOT being a parent??? Since when did parenting trun into DRUGGING your children so as to NOT REALLY BE A PARENT!! What happened to the JOY OF PARENTING??? And why are so many doctors these days GETTING KICKBACKS and FREE VACATIONS and BROWNIE POINTS for putting ppl on methadone? YES methadone has it's uses and can be VERY BENIFICAL when USED IN THE CORRECT MANNER!! But like u said MIke Id like to thik this INHUMAN woman who would go to the extent to drug her child was buying it off the street!! I've been a CRONIC pain pATIENT SINCE I WAS 15 AND HAVE BEEN ON OPAITES FOR 21 YRS AND WHEN I DID GET INVOLVED WITH DRUGS IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO A CLINIC WHERE I WAS EXPOSED! to it everday and as a kid myself was not properley equiped to deal with the ONSLauaght OF CLINIC "life". i DON'T WANT MAETHADONE TO BE banned , THATS REDICULIOUS.! WE are all individuals and as such we need to be dealt with in a individual way!! Doctors NEED TO B E EDUCATED about the DRUGS they perscribe! Parents thier is no BOOK TO SAY WHAT TO DO if you cant handle being a parent , but giving ur child DRUGS is BEYOND ME!!
Love & Light The Budda...
It Generation RX now.
Ex-PPT

AOL

#14 May 20, 2009
Sorry forgot to change that stuff. I needed to get pam a message and forgot to get my EX-PPT back up.
Ex-PPT

AOL

#15 May 20, 2009
Ex-ppt wrote:
Or has this become the death and dying forum?
There are many awareness forums out there also. They give out both sides, the dangers and benefits.
Pam it does not matter if its a profitable business. The makers of NSAIDS is a profitable business and more peiple die from that each year. So is Cigarette sales. Lung Cancer is a huge killer each year. But if we can make both sides known about methadone and its properties in a "NICE" manner and in a way where people will understand the dangers, that would be better than all the sarcasm I think. How are you btw...and I never said thanks for what you said to me about the accident. I am seeing a Chiro for that this week and we start EMDR tomorrow, let you know how that goes because it does also help for ADDICTION and other aspects of life people have been thru that have been traumatic.
P.S. Won 1/2 my case already, now its time to see what happens to this kid. Reason being, even 2nd offense is only a misdemeanor...which I cannot believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of South Alabama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother who left son in father's care indicted i... Sep '14 Jody 1
Islamic Society officials 'happy' for Mobile Ci... (May '14) Jun '14 Wyatt 3
World's Longest Artificial Reef Under Construct... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Concerned 2
Moss Point chief: Autopsy will not be made publ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wes 1
Penny Sales Tax Renewal Paid for New Teachers (Jan '13) Feb '14 thetruth 6
University of South Alabama cop cleared in shoo... (Mar '13) Feb '14 Karyn 2
Great house near campus (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dr Sissy 1
More from around the web