Lofty expectations for Obama's inaugu...

Lofty expectations for Obama's inaugural speech

There are 1 comment on the story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Lofty expectations for Obama's inaugural speech. In it, reports that:

It will probably be the most widely watched address ever delivered, one that will draw millions of Americans and billions around the globe together - to savor the moment and the message of one man at one memorable turning point in American history.

And that makes the inaugural address of Barack Obama, to be delivered Tuesday, more than merely a ceremonial occasion of state. It represents the biggest challenge yet for a political leader whose eloquence has been essential in his unlikely rise to become leader of the free world.

Join the discussion below, or

Howie of Holland

Allegan, MI

#2 Jan 20, 2009
Well, he's sure got his job cut out for himself the next few years. If he can do 50% of what he says, I'll vote for him next term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
summer sublet? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Apartmentseeker 1
News School Sorry About Black History Month Lunch Menu (Feb '14) Feb '14 jiggy wiggy 13
News Black Men At Both Ends Of Economic Spectrum At ... (Mar '11) Feb '14 IR BW 6
News Los Angeles Times Skips the I-Word As Californi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 ronnie 1
News A decade later, wheelchair-bound ex-boxer off t... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Larry 1
News Martin Luther King adviser to speak at SEMO (Dec '13) Dec '13 Who cares 2
News Gov. Jerry Brown Signs Bill Allowing Non-Physic... (Oct '13) Oct '13 discocrisco 1
More from around the web