When rejection goes digital

When rejection goes digital

There are 80 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Oct 30, 2009, titled When rejection goes digital. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

Have you been defriended on Facebook? Experts say our reaction to rejection online is similar to how we feel in person.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#1 Oct 30, 2009
The "pain of being defriended"? That's laughable. Defriending is part of Facebook and its counterparts. Being depressed about it is silly.
Defriending YOU

United States

#2 Oct 30, 2009
Saluki Rod wrote:
The "pain of being defriended"? That's laughable. Defriending is part of Facebook and its counterparts. Being depressed about it is silly.
Oh, IDK how silly it is. If it was an old friend who you thought was still a friend, but people DO change over time, and they don't find you compatible anymore, so they cut you loose ...

“"you're not the boss of me"”

Since: Aug 09

yep, right, uh huh

#3 Oct 30, 2009
I see it here, when folks do NOT get included on polls and/or mentioned....

it makes sense, no one likes to felt like they are left out or anything.
Insider Knowledge

United States

#4 Oct 30, 2009
that27th one wrote:
...no one likes to felt like they are left out or anything.
Unless you're about to go in front of a firing squad.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#5 Oct 30, 2009

You Could Troll 'Em,.....

Hungry

Pulaski, TN

#8 Nov 1, 2009
Poke.

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#9 Nov 1, 2009
that27th one wrote:
I see it here, when folks do NOT get included on polls and/or mentioned....
it makes sense, no one likes to felt like they are left out or anything.
i've never seen myself in a poll...

:(

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#10 Nov 1, 2009
there are some friends in my list though that i never speak to anymore, people that i've met online and that i've only spoken to for about one time or so. i think that's where i'd defriend him or her. just gonna get unnecessary updates from this person.

now with friends that you've once known IRL there's difference! it's always nice to perhaps a year later since last time you spoke to them ask them what they're up to and how they're doing.
i don't think i would defriend anybody that i've known IRL but with people that you hardly even know online i don't see any reasons to keep them.
hogday

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Nov 1, 2009
Marilyn

United States

#12 Nov 1, 2009
Show Me wrote:
You Could Troll 'Em,.....
LOL....you do make me laugh even though you defriended me before we even had a chance to become friends here....I have found you to be a reasonable and amusing enemy.

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#13 Nov 1, 2009
Marilyn wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....you do make me laugh even though you defriended me before we even had a chance to become friends here....I have found you to be a reasonable and amusing enemy.
Interesting School of Thought, You Have enemies on the Internet ,....
Marilyn

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2009
Show Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting School of Thought, You Have enemies on the Internet ,....
Nah...you're the only one and we declared a truce. I have kept my word...didn't you?

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#15 Nov 1, 2009
4. The general who thoroughly understands the advantages that accompany variation of tactics knows how to handle his troops.

5. The general who does not understand these, may be well acquainted with the configuration of the country, yet he will not be able to turn his knowledge to practical account.

Sun Tzu
Marilyn

United States

#16 Nov 1, 2009
Show Me wrote:
4. The general who thoroughly understands the advantages that accompany variation of tactics knows how to handle his troops.
5. The general who does not understand these, may be well acquainted with the configuration of the country, yet he will not be able to turn his knowledge to practical account.
Sun Tzu
Isn't that the general who recruited women and when they did not take him seriously he violently cut their heads off to make his point?

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#17 Nov 1, 2009
Vlad the Impaler's reputation was considerably darker in Western Europe than in Eastern Europe and Romania,...

Marilyn

United States

#18 Nov 1, 2009
Show Me wrote:
Vlad the Impaler's reputation was considerably darker in Western Europe than in Eastern Europe and Romania,...
Of course...
Marilyn

United States

#19 Nov 1, 2009
Marilyn wrote:
<quoted text>Nah...you're the only one and we declared a truce. I have kept my word...didn't you?
Did you give me negative icons to imply you didn't keep your word but secretly trolled me instead? I never did that to you....I only posted to you as Marilyn....

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#20 Nov 1, 2009
Your Responses are Textbook,...

LOL@ another Jax Poster Claiming I troll Them,...

Marilyn

United States

#21 Nov 1, 2009
Show Me wrote:
Whoa...you are paranoid!

I asked a question and never claimed you trolled me.

Can't speak for Paula, JG or Vee

They are them and I'm just me.

Sincerely
Marilyn

United States

#22 Nov 1, 2009
Show Me wrote:
Where is this textbook you speak of? Does it have a title?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama Civil Rights Chair Calling to Free Illega... (Sep '15) Sep '15 wild child 1
News 40 Most Impressive Libraries Around The World (Jan '15) Feb '15 Softscience 2
News Disability system for veterans strays far from ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 theVA 2
News The Vatican Diaries: A Behind-the-Scenes Look a... (Mar '14) Mar '14 justsayN 1
News What Can We Expect from San Diego's Economy in ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 justsayN 1
News Our Voice: Bring them out of the shadows (Jun '13) Jun '13 Misunderestimate Me 17
News Controversial drag show held at USD (Apr '13) Apr '13 confused one 1
More from around the web