Are churches following the law when i...

Are churches following the law when it comes to politics?

There are 8 comments on the WTVR Richmond story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Are churches following the law when it comes to politics?. In it, WTVR Richmond reports that:

Church is a place people go to hear scripture, to find solace, to seek guidance - but do people want to go to church to talk politics? Last week, hundreds turned out for a service at Cedar Street Baptist Church to hear Reverend Al Sharpton speak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR Richmond.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#2 Oct 20, 2012
"This past Sunday, the Catholic Diocese raised eyebrows when churches included an insert in their programs, grading the candidates on the major issues."

Based on the Catholic Church's teachings, they should not serve communion to Democrats that support abortion.

The Baptists allow a known liar like Sharpton at their pulpits?(Are there really people stupid enough to listen to this fool?)

Seems to me the "church" isn't any better than the politicians when it comes to corruption.

The government should start taxing these fools.

If they want to play, they should pay!
CRAZY INDIAN

Richmond, VA

#3 Oct 20, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
"This past Sunday, the Catholic Diocese raised eyebrows when churches included an insert in their programs, grading the candidates on the major issues."
Based on the Catholic Church's teachings, they should not serve communion to Democrats that support abortion.
The Baptists allow a known liar like Sharpton at their pulpits?(Are there really people stupid enough to listen to this fool?)
Seems to me the "church" isn't any better than the politicians when it comes to corruption.
they are not" fool's, they just know how to play both sides of the street. corrupt" yes they are, and every last one of them should be destroyed: and banned from existence.

Midlothian, VA

#4 Oct 20, 2012
The Catholic Diocese of NYC is the single largest slum owner in NYC.(Tax free of course)

Go figure.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#5 Oct 20, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
Maybe they should lose their tax-exempt status. Yeah, the catholic church owns billions and rake in billions, We can balance our budget in 24 hours if all the tax exempt entities are taxed. I'm all for it.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#6 Oct 20, 2012
CRAZY INDIAN wrote:
<quoted text> they are not" fool's, they just know how to play both sides of the street. corrupt" yes they are, and every last one of them should be destroyed: and banned from existence.
Can we ban your azz?
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#7 Oct 20, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
The Catholic Diocese of NYC is the single largest slum owner in NYC.(Tax free of course)
Go figure.
Most rich entities like them never want to help the gov't, while taking freebies to further their cause. That cause is not about bringing ppl. to Chirst, but feeding the Popes ego.

Midlothian, VA

#8 Oct 20, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Most rich entities like them never want to help the gov't, while taking freebies to further their cause. That cause is not about bringing ppl. to Chirst, but feeding the Popes ego.
LOL Yeah, like your mentally deficient racist Westboro Baptist spews bring anyone to Christ no-show?

Not a chance nothead.
CRAZY INDIAN

Richmond, VA

#9 Oct 20, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we ban your azz?
no DOUBT" your sorry no good evil PARASITE NEGRO ASS; would like to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sotomayor: US high court needs more diversity, ... Apr '16 Quirky 61
News Even in museums, battles loom over Confederate ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 rebel111 2
News Leftwich convicted (Sep '11) Jun '15 in the know 3
News Texas Supreme Court blocks same-sex marriage li... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Yee Haw 1
News Man claims kingdom so daughter can be princess (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mechanic 11
News Court To Consider 5 Gay Marriage Cases At Once (Jun '14) Jun '14 DNF 11
News Recalls becoming 'background noise' that owners... (Jun '14) Jun '14 shawn 2
More from around the web