Labor Relations Strained at U.S. Airlines

Aug 1, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: RedOrbit

Labor relations between U.S. airline unions and management show signs of strain in an era of rising fuel costs and airline cutbacks, industry analysts said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kjo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

wow..really..strained labor relations?? News to me
call me Al

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 1, 2008
 
This is shocking and I'm sure it's all the unions fault!
kjo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

call me Al wrote:
This is shocking and I'm sure it's all the unions fault!
no it's all lies spewed and printed up by us "malcontents"
EX-NWA FA

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

what ever do you mean?........slash pay, benefits, and work rules, then lower hiring standards so that fogging a mirror is the only qualification needed for a job. then piss off the public as well, while management reaps bonuses. those selfish airline workers! can't they just buck it up so the public can continue to travel for cheap even with sky rocketing fuel, and so that the big wigs can afford to purchase a lake home?
Helen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Ad we all now know for a fact the airline employees mostly Northwest employees have been rode hard and put up wet so to speak. Northwest had their illegal lockout of their own veteran long term skilled and trained aircrasft mechanics and choose to have an illegal lockout of them. This was rubber stamped by the corrupt Bush administration and his anti-American worker croneys. No doubt huge expenses have arose for their huge misake of that illegal lockout. Where is our govornment of this issue???
not a fine wine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

LMAO !!!!!!!! Labor pains giving birth to the worlds largest, and soon to be worst airline. Rickey ain't no friend to labor. This will be nothing more then a new lorenzo Texas Air. Big troubles a coming. And look a united, they're suing ALPA because 4, get it 4, Pilots called in sick. Look it franky took Eastern out, and now his little rising son will do the same to two airlines. Won't franky be proud.
Google-man hnl

Kapolei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

not a fine wine wrote:
LMAO !!!!!!!! Labor pains giving birth to the worlds largest, and soon to be worst airline. Rickey ain't no friend to labor. This will be nothing more then a new lorenzo Texas Air. Big troubles a coming. And look a united, they're suing ALPA because 4, get it 4, Pilots called in sick. Look it franky took Eastern out, and now his little rising son will do the same to two airlines. Won't franky be proud.
FW, here's a Factoid: RICHARD C. ANDERSON was a hired gun at Frank Lorenzo's Texas Air Corp., Houston, Texas in the 80's; hired on as a Fancy CPA aka a Bean Counter, and Frankie said he was a very valuable anti-union, must hold on to Asset ..
freebird

Blaine, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Did somebody resurrect an article from about five years ago? Talk about stating what's obvious to everyone by now, even the deaf, blind, and vegetative.
not a fine wine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

Google-man hnl wrote:
<quoted text>FW, here's a Factoid: RICHARD C. ANDERSON was a hired gun at Frank Lorenzo's Texas Air Corp., Houston, Texas in the 80's; hired on as a Fancy CPA aka a Bean Counter, and Frankie said he was a very valuable anti-union, must hold on to Asset ..
Yes and ben hirst brought dickey on board at Texas air. The way I heard it. dickey was an out of work failing Galveston lawyer, and his hot shot neighbor beny gave him a hand. Birds of a feather.
Old NWA Guy

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and ben hirst brought dickey on board at Texas air. The way I heard it. dickey was an out of work failing Galveston lawyer, and his hot shot neighbor beny gave him a hand. Birds of a feather.
You and Googs both have the story wrong (what a surprise). Anderson was hired by Hirst as an attorney at CO, and before that he was a prosecutor in Houston. Why don't you do a little research before posting? Save you a little embarrassment. Googs how are you doing on your McCain is a Buddhist rumor?
not a fine wine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Googs both have the story wrong (what a surprise). Anderson was hired by Hirst as an attorney at CO, and before that he was a prosecutor in Houston. Why don't you do a little research before posting? Save you a little embarrassment. Googs how are you doing on your McCain is a Buddhist rumor?
How about you? CO was part of Texas Air. Once franky broke the union there, he used CO to bleed the rest into BK. And Galveston is a bedroom community of Houston. In your compulsion to embarrass you only confirm the ruse.
Google-man hnl

Kihei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 2, 2008
 
Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Googs both have the story wrong (what a surprise). Anderson was hired by Hirst as an attorney at CO, and before that he was a prosecutor in Houston. Why don't you do a little research before posting? Save you a little embarrassment. Googs how are you doing on your McCain is a Buddhist rumor?
ONG Fool, Whether King Richard was a Lawyer, half-a$$ Bean Counter, Corporate Thug, Lorenzo's Right Hand Man, Anti-Union Pusher, talks out of both sides of his Mouth, could do No Wrong in Houston, Texas, and so on; He did the job Lorenzo wanted, Kill the Unions on Continental Airlines Property, which he did, with prescision.. McCain is a good ole Southern Babptist, and can Preach with the best of Ummmm !! Prove to the World, that Barack Hussein O'Bama, Is Not A Secular Muslim.. CheckMate!!
Google-man hnl

Kihei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 2, 2008
 
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>How about you? CO was part of Texas Air. Once franky broke the union there, he used CO to bleed the rest into BK. And Galveston is a bedroom community of Houston. In your compulsion to embarrass you only confirm the ruse.
FW, What the Ole Fool, didn't bother to research on this thread, I used to work for Fransisco Lorenzo @ TXIA in the mid 70's, suffered his 1st Strike, seen a very Cold human being, knew all Unions on the property were Toast, he would either have Complete Control or Destroy the Company, which he eventually did.. and yes, I am a Texan, a native of Texas City, TEXAS.. GO STINGS' class of 1958 !!
Fletcher

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 2, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Google-man hnl wrote:
<quoted text>FW, here's a Factoid: RICHARD C. ANDERSON was a hired gun at Frank Lorenzo's Texas Air Corp., Houston, Texas in the 80's; hired on as a Fancy CPA aka a Bean Counter, and Frankie said he was a very valuable anti-union, must hold on to Asset ..
Hey Doper..........can you use 'sources' to confirm your idiotic post. What sister of a friends aunts' brother told you this. Oh, wait a minute, were you there in the room or did you read Frankie's journal? No? Just another idiotic post from you. Its true, Lorenzo did some really nasty shit for the AL industry. But whats not true is that EVERY person that ever worked for him did the same or has the same views/perspectives on the industry. If that were the case EVERY person that ever worked for Blethune would be a savior to the industry. You like many other dis-gruntled persons love to hound down anything new or anything that is changing. I promise, the world is NOT FLAT. Now go, inhale, hold it, and think nice thoughts.
Google-man hnl

Kihei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Fletcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Doper..........can you use 'sources' to confirm your idiotic post. What sister of a friends aunts' brother told you this. Oh, wait a minute, were you there in the room or did you read Frankie's journal? No? Just another idiotic post from you. Its true, Lorenzo did some really nasty shit for the AL industry. But whats not true is that EVERY person that ever worked for him did the same or has the same views/perspectives on the industry. If that were the case EVERY person that ever worked for Blethune would be a savior to the industry. You like many other dis-gruntled persons love to hound down anything new or anything that is changing. I promise, the world is NOT FLAT. Now go, inhale, hold it, and think nice thoughts.
Well Fetch-Her, looks like I stepped on some fragile Toes, now read my comments to FW, by the way (BTW), did you ever have the Mis-Pleasure of working for Frank Lorenzo, Gary Wilson, Doug Steenland, little Fat-Boy' Andy 'Dandy' Roberts, or the other NWA Management Thugs? I did, and it wasn't a very comfortable Experience, knowing the clock was ticking for your Demise!! And your DAL will keep on Going, and Going, and *** til King Richards gets his 1st Qtr. Report, and should that Report show RED, the Axe will shurly FALL.. and not everyone uses Drugs (weed), just because you do.. Is the world Flat, well from where I view the Pacific Ocean, from the Island of Oahu, looks pretty damn Flat to me ..
Old NWA Guy

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Google-man hnl wrote:
<quoted text>Well Fetch-Her, looks like I stepped on some fragile Toes, now read my comments to FW, by the way (BTW), did you ever have the Mis-Pleasure of working for Frank Lorenzo, Gary Wilson, Doug Steenland, little Fat-Boy' Andy 'Dandy' Roberts, or the other NWA Management Thugs? I did, and it wasn't a very comfortable Experience, knowing the clock was ticking for your Demise!! And your DAL will keep on Going, and Going, and *** til King Richards gets his 1st Qtr. Report, and should that Report show RED, the Axe will shurly FALL.. and not everyone uses Drugs (weed), just because you do.. Is the world Flat, well from where I view the Pacific Ocean, from the Island of Oahu, looks pretty damn Flat to me ..
I guess fletcher put you in your place. Did you see in the newspapers that the Head of State in Israel virtually endorsed Obama. Funny way for a Jew to act towards a Muslim. You had better alert the Israelis about the Obama facts. They must not know. What a pathetic loser if you believe that. Again I will ask, why the non support on the issue from your buddies on this board.
call me Al

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess fletcher put you in your place. Did you see in the newspapers that the Head of State in Israel virtually endorsed Obama. Funny way for a Jew to act towards a Muslim. You had better alert the Israelis about the Obama facts. They must not know. What a pathetic loser if you believe that. Again I will ask, why the non support on the issue from your buddies on this board.
Does the Head of State in Israel get to vote?

I didn't think so.
Google-man hnl

Kihei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 3, 2008
 
call me Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Head of State in Israel get to vote?
I didn't think so.
Al, the Old Fool says he Will Not Vote For Barack Hussein O'Bama; but if you bring Muslim into the picture, he gets down right Pathetic.. Does he believe O'Bama was Not born to a Muslim Father, raised in those young early years, a Muslim.. I say come Nov. 4, 2008, the Babptist will have a Landside Victory, over the Born again Muslim.. LOL !!
Karen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why does Nortwest hate its employees while rewarding their corrupt management. Will Delta be the same way. Or is it already that way?
EX-NWA FA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Google-man hnl wrote:
<quoted text>Al, the Old Fool says he Will Not Vote For Barack Hussein O'Bama; but if you bring Muslim into the picture, he gets down right Pathetic.. Does he believe O'Bama was Not born to a Muslim Father, raised in those young early years, a Muslim.. I say come Nov. 4, 2008, the Babptist will have a Landside Victory, over the Born again Muslim.. LOL !!
hate to admit it, but i agree w/ ong on this stuff googs. if he was a practicing muslim, do you really think he would have gotten the democratic nomination to be president of the united states considering we are at war in iraq? folks are born or raised one thing, but often do not choose to continue those beliefs as adults. no need to cojole him ong, it is just a respectful difference of opinions i have without acting like a child and berating someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Portland Discussions

Search the University of Portland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Study dispels notions of 'no-holds barred' sex ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sybian Princess 2
Hooking up: Are today's college students more s... (Aug '13) Aug '13 h m thakur 09876307749 1
The Truth About College Students and Casual Sex... (Aug '13) Aug '13 dhoni 2
More sex on college campuses? Not really, study... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Anu 1
I Don't Consider Prostitution A Profession (Apr '13) Jun '13 Teddybear99 11
Grad Notice (Jun '10) Jun '10 Carolyn 1
Port Orchard woman found dead in Haiti (Jan '10) Jan '10 Stop Them NOW 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••