Distance Learning: University of Phoe...

Distance Learning: University of Phoenix Review

There are 5 comments on the Associated Content story from Jan 15, 2009, titled Distance Learning: University of Phoenix Review. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Distance learning is becoming a popular option for adults who are looking for an education to enhance their careers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

summer7002

Fpo, AP

#1 Feb 12, 2009
If you attend the University of Phoenix make sure to watch your financial advisors like a hawk. Iíve had many great advisors, but the one I have now is a moron. He made a huge mistake resulting in almost $1,000 being taken out of my checking account with no notice. I tried to contact managers by email and by leaving messages but no reply. No one cared that my family and I were without this money for almost a 2 weeks. The problem was finally resolved after cursing and yelling on my part and by telling the advisor how to fix the problem since he kept saying there was nothing he could do and no way he could fix the problem. I felt like it was me against the UOP and they didnít care about me or my desperate need for this money.
miki

Belgrade, Serbia

#2 Jul 3, 2009
do you know how much is to be online student, approximetlly. is it easier to find job with this degree?
Jake

Placentia, CA

#3 Jul 8, 2009
I attend UOP and its actually a really good experience...Two of my uncles got their degree from UOP and both have stable jobs making a little less than 100k...if you want a degree and hate traditional schools, then try UOP...i went to two different jc schools before I got to UOP...and now wish i would have just came here...I have taken already six classes and feel a lot different about getting a degree...it is costly, but if you think about it..there are a lot of cost already included in the price per class...you don't need to pay for parking, or books, or even struggle to find the parking. My experience at UOP was different than "Summer7002" the staff at UOP care for you, and want to help you... I have not had a problem with UOP taking money from me...but I am sure that kind of issue happen in a blue moon..and if that person got the money back in two weeks...they cared...if they didn't they would have not even given your money back...talk to a representative at UOP...honestly I dont want to sound like a commercial but they make school fun and entertaining...and it really brings you as a student out of your shell...I already got an internship with the schools help working with Boeing...what school pushes you to work..i have not had a school help be do anything but take my money...UOP is different!!..GOOD LUCK
Jake

Placentia, CA

#4 Jul 8, 2009
UOP is an ONLINE AND ON CAMPUS SCHOOL !!! take ON campus and try it out then explore to ONLINE...if you are not use to online classes...then you wont really learn anything!
Steven

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Dec 10, 2009
I am about to complete my graduate degree at UOP. I have attended a traditional brick and mortar school. I found that UOP is a great school, and I find the negative postings about the school surprising.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Phoenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greenville-based code school The Iron Yard to s... Jul 21 Hall Monitor 1
Recruiting 3-5 UOPX students for McGraw-Hill re... (Feb '17) Feb '17 MH Education 1
News 'Apple store for education' to debut in downtow... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Kat Joseph 1
News Rev. Al Sharpton & Partners To Hold Town Hall M... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Regional career fair set for Thursday in Fairfield (Apr '16) Apr '16 Bob 1
News Get ready to play! Legoland Discovery Center to... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Jane 1
find tutors to help you with original homework (Jul '15) Jul '15 the student 1
More from around the web