Signs of Change in Dowtown Portland

Signs of Change in Dowtown Portland

There are 2 comments on the K103 story from Feb 1, 2009, titled Signs of Change in Dowtown Portland. In it, K103 reports that:

The University of Oregon occupies the building on the White Stag block just off the west end of the Burnside Bridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at K103.

Inclusive skyline

Portland, OR

#1 Feb 1, 2009
Please do not allow the “Made in Oregon” sign to be changed. This sign puts a smile on my face every time I return to the city from being out of town. It is an integral part of the skyline for the city. One of the things I much appreciate about Portland and about Oregon is the pride in the community and the state. Changing this sign to represent a specific University within the state would also change the feeling that one gets when they see the skyline of the city from one of a reminder of that great pride for everyone in the state to only those who are particular University of Oregon fans and supporters. I was not raised in Oregon, nor did I attend the University of Oregon, but have now been in the state for many years and am happy to call it home. Please do not make the skyline of Portland divisive. Keep it inclusive and a sense of pride for all of us who live here and love calling it home.

Since: Feb 09

Portland, OR

#3 Feb 7, 2009
it is in all the commercials as a landmark,and you want to change that?this would be a slap in the face of portlanders.It would be like the hollywood sign in california being bulldozed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Oregon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Solar-powered airplane lands in Pen... May '16 Carmi Christ 1
News A rural paper's decision on the voice of Harney... May '16 5th Wave 1
News Researchers Receive Grant to Improve Security o... May '16 Lori Marie 1
News Will you be my friend? Elton Engstrom, Jr. (May '12) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 2
News What did LaVoy Finicum die for? Feb '16 Blm-and-hammond-r... 1
News Oregon cuts spending on higher education deeper... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Debrinconcita 1
News Bill Moyers' farewell message to young activist... (Jan '15) Sep '15 Advents 3
More from around the web