Womens Soccer Coach Mike Munch
Nebraska Native

Omaha, NE

#1 Dec 29, 2008
Why did this guy leave North Florida? Anyone know?
anonymous

Hastings, NE

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Nebraska Native wrote:
Why did this guy leave North Florida? Anyone know?
I was told that he was taking pictures of his players in bikinis. But am not sure if that is true or not.
NFSoccer

Merritt Island, FL

#3 Apr 7, 2009
There were allegations made but none were substantial. His time had passed at UNF and he was ready for something new. Many people say he took pics of players in bikinis but that is not true, he is a decent man who loves the game. I know he was my coach.
daphunckyfeelone

Saint Paul, NE

#4 May 6, 2009
NFSoccer wrote:
There were allegations made but none were substantial. His time had passed at UNF and he was ready for something new. Many people say he took pics of players in bikinis but that is not true, he is a decent man who loves the game. I know he was my coach.
If you know him then well enough to guarantee that's not true than can you please tell us why someone would leave a D-I job where he had a better than .700 winning percentage to go be a volunteer assistant in D-II? It seems like a strange move to me, I'm curious what you can tell us about it.
UNF soccer

Orlando, FL

#5 Jan 25, 2011
I just ran across this post and thought I would comment. I played for Coach Munch at UNF too. He had some disagreements with players, parents and administration and was just ready for a change. There were a lot of allegations, none of which were true. (Most were from players who were probably mad about playing time.) He is not the most personable guy, but he definately knows his stuff. As a coach, he will be an assest to whatever program he is part of. Also, he never wanted to be a D1 coach, he enjoyed being a top level D2 coach - which is I am sure where he moved to.
TAMU-C

Austin, TX

#6 Jan 27, 2011
UNF soccer wrote:
I just ran across this post and thought I would comment. I played for Coach Munch at UNF too. He had some disagreements with players, parents and administration and was just ready for a change. There were a lot of allegations, none of which were true.(Most were from players who were probably mad about playing time.) He is not the most personable guy, but he definately knows his stuff. As a coach, he will be an assest to whatever program he is part of. Also, he never wanted to be a D1 coach, he enjoyed being a top level D2 coach - which is I am sure where he moved to.
Wanted to let you know that he was also let go from commerce for similar allegations and that is when Neil Piper took over as head coach.
UNFsoccer1

Charlotte, NC

#7 Feb 20, 2011
I was a player... and witnessed the allegations... actually read the emails he sent to one of the girls. A girl by the way who had a ton of playing time.
concerned

Kearney, NE

#8 Aug 23, 2015
UNFsoccer1 wrote:
I was a player... and witnessed the allegations... actually read the emails he sent to one of the girls. A girl by the way who had a ton of playing time.
Doing some research on coach Munch, reading your comments makes me concerned that he is now coaching 12 and 13 year old little girls. Is this concerning to you or others that know the details of previous allegations?
13yroldgurl

Lincoln, NE

#9 Nov 30, 2015
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing some research on coach Munch, reading your comments makes me concerned that he is now coaching 12 and 13 year old little girls. Is this concerning to you or others that know the details of previous allegations?
YO THATS MEEEEE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of North Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll shows most would support 'small' tax incre... Feb '17 Predator Harm In ... 1
News The Latest: Clinton aide says Christie should q... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Clinton Aide Give... 2
News The Latest: Stars fete Clinton; Trump says he f... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Eleese Renee 1
News Obama Begs Unenthusiastic Black People To Vote ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 TRUMP WINNERS 6
News Candidates qualify for local elections; write-i... (Jun '16) Jul '16 Truth be Told 2
News UNF to ban smoking on campus (Jul '15) Jul '15 I ban because I can 1
News Mayoral race shaping up to be city's most expen... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Steve Taylor 1
More from around the web