Bishops' theology committee publishes...

Bishops' theology committee publishes draft report on same-gender relationships

There are 7 comments on the www.episcopalchurch.org story from Mar 25, 2010, titled Bishops' theology committee publishes draft report on same-gender relationships. In it, www.episcopalchurch.org reports that:

The Episcopal Church's House of Bishops, concluding its six-day retreat meeting at Camp Allen in Navasota, Texas, has posted a draft of the long-awaited 95-page report titled "Same-Sex Relationships in the Life of the Church" on the College for Bishops' website ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.episcopalchurch.org.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Mar 25, 2010
from episcopalchurch:

"The House of Bishops had asked its theology committee in 2009 -- prior to the 76th meeting of General Convention -- to study the theology of same-gender relationships. In its report to the convention the committee said that the study would be 'designed to reflect a full spectrum of views and to be a contribution to the listening process of the Anglican Communion, as well as to the discussion of this subject in our province.' The committee said the study would be 'a long-term, multi-step project that is designed to be completed in 2011.'

"Controversy developed in early June 2009 when Parsley initially declined to release the names of the theologians appointed by the committee to conduct the study. The names have since been released ..."

... and are now listed in the linked article.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 25, 2010
How desperate are you really?

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#3 Mar 26, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from episcopalchurch:
"The House of Bishops had asked its theology committee in 2009 -- prior to the 76th meeting of General Convention -- to study the theology of same-gender relationships.
Is there a difference between "same gender relationships" and "same sex relationships" ?

I take it that they didn't say "to study the theology of homosexuals" because there would be nothing to study.

It's there in black and white:

"Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Mar 26, 2010
WotMeWorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a difference between "same gender relationships" and "same sex relationships" ?
I take it that they didn't say "to study the theology of homosexuals" because there would be nothing to study.
It's there in black and white:
"Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
Then it looks like you arte out of LUCK...REVILER!!! EXTORTIONIST!!!! COVETOUS!!!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Mar 26, 2010
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
How desperate are you really?
Not nearly as desparate as you when you post stories abt. the RCC sex scandal just to distract from events in TEC.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Mar 26, 2010
WotMeWorry wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it that they didn't say "to study the theology of homosexuals" because there would be nothing to study ...
Before you left on hiatus, I recall posting a story that said the theology to support same-sex relations just wasn't there.

BTW, welcome back; as you can see, not much has changed.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#7 Mar 27, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, welcome back; as you can see, not much has changed.
LOL, thanks. I've decided to see how I go at limiting my time on the forum to a few posts.

We'll see how it goes :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of North Carolina Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrat hires Hill as news reporter (Nov '16) Nov '16 Bob Is An Idiot 2
News Police keep close eye on abusers (Apr '16) Apr '16 paulmeadowlark 1
News Painter Hannah Cole Buiea s exhibit opens at Ar... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
News Texting ruins the art of conversation (Nov '14) Nov '14 Triad Fitness 1
News Part-Time Work for Moms Could Provide Best Work... (Dec '11) Jan '14 Sheelah 3
News Study: Moms Who Don't Work Are at a Greater Ris... (Dec '11) Sep '13 Franklin 2
News Students recognized for academic achievments (Jul '13) Jul '13 David Alper 1