Seabrook selectmen candidate profiles

Seabrook selectmen candidate profiles

There are 169 comments on the Hampton Union story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Seabrook selectmen candidate profiles. In it, Hampton Union reports that:

Reason for seeking elective office: I seek this position because I still believe our town government needs to be responsive to all residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Union.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Anybody

Jaffrey, NH

#1 Mar 1, 2011
Anyone have any comments on this story?
waste of time

Newmarket, NH

#2 Mar 2, 2011
the weeks leading up to the election is such a joke in this town people dont how to act we are supose to be rolemodels for our kids
99 meg

Exeter, NH

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Can't stand beside jason.When the last time he took shower?
10of each

Exeter, NH

#4 Mar 2, 2011
I would like to know what the selectmen think of the cost of the rec department? Looking at the new annual report something hit me in the face! They have approx. 35 part-time and seasonal employees!
This is not counting referees. A quick total of $135,000.00 5 additional janitors 5 additional office personal and 5 more superviors. This is in addition to all of the full time personal of $416,228.92

And we are complaining about the town hall???? They must be bumping into each other over there!
Who is in charge of the chicken coup??

This town is in desperate need of some help!
Who does Sandra have in her pocket is what I would like to know??
CAUGHT AGAIN

Nottingham, NH

#5 Mar 2, 2011
THIS POST ON NEWBURYPORT DAILY NEWS AND 55 MIN AGO THE ONE ABOVE. CAUGHT AGAIN AL AND i THINK YOU ARE PRETTY SICK TO WRITE ABOUT RANDY'S DAD WHENY YOU KNOW HE IS A GOOD MAN.
Beached 1 hour ago

Bonnie Fowler has done an excellent job for many years. Her illness should not be held against her. She has my vote again!!!!!

SHE WILL NEED YOUR VOTE! AND JOHN RUNS THE CHICKEN COUP AL.
how much it costs

Exeter, NH

#6 Mar 2, 2011
Town Clerk's Office:$328,748
Rec Dept:$545,967
Community Center:$171,694
Town Manager (including benefits):$140,000
Planning and Zoning:$78,671 (does not include ZBA)
Zoning Board of Adjustments:$6,540
Building Inspector:$122,173
Library:$531,453
Street lights:$67,182
Police Department:$3,797,401 (including the station)
RITE

Exeter, NH

#7 Mar 3, 2011
how much it costs wrote:
I WOLD DARE TO SAY YOU OR SOMEONE IN UR FAMILY ARE ON THE FIRE DEPARTMNT(CONTRY CLUB)BECAUSE YOU NEVER METIONED THAM
FYI

Exeter, NH

#8 Mar 3, 2011
10of each wrote:
I would like to know what the selectmen think of the cost of the rec department? Looking at the new annual report something hit me in the face! They have approx. 35 part-time and seasonal employees!
This is not counting referees. A quick total of $135,000.00 5 additional janitors 5 additional office personal and 5 more superviors. This is in addition to all of the full time personal of $416,228.92
And we are complaining about the town hall???? They must be bumping into each other over there!
Who is in charge of the chicken coup??
This town is in desperate need of some help!
Who does Sandra have in her pocket is what I would like to know??
The Recreation Commission has control over the Recreation Department...and Sandra has always had them in her pocket. Guess who is on that Commission - non other than our candidate for Selectman, who I might add is going to cut cost big time for other departments...ya right she is, for everyone but her baby the Rec. Department. But we have to understand folks, her sister is a big shot at the Community Center.
10of each

Exeter, NH

#9 Mar 3, 2011
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
The Recreation Commission has control over the Recreation Department...and Sandra has always had them in her pocket. Guess who is on that Commission - non other than our candidate for Selectman, who I might add is going to cut cost big time for other departments...ya right she is, for everyone but her baby the Rec. Department. But we have to understand folks, her sister is a big shot at the Community Center.
Whos sister works for the rec department? This is definately out of wac so which one running for selectmen would allow this so i know how to vote?
10of each

Exeter, NH

#10 Mar 3, 2011
how much it costs wrote:
Where is the fire department it is OVER budget by $150,227.24
That department is screwing the towns people big time with the rec department!
willy

Exeter, NH

#11 Mar 3, 2011
RITE wrote:
<quoted text>I WOLD DARE TO SAY YOU OR SOMEONE IN UR FAMILY ARE ON THE FIRE DEPARTMNT(CONTRY CLUB)BECAUSE YOU NEVER METIONED THAM
GOOD CALL on that RITE
Not quite

New York, NY

#12 Mar 3, 2011
You should check into how much of that rec. dept money goes back into the coffers. They budget money for activities and then it's like pulling teeth to get it out of Sandi's clutches. On top top of that you have to pay fees for everything you do there and you're not allowed to use the amenities, such as the tennis courts, without paying for an ID card. Apparently your license or the fact that you have lived in town your entire life and they know you by name isn't enough. I guess that doesn't really matter anyway because even if I did break down and pay for the silly card I can't just walk on the court and play because it's under lock and key, so I just go to another town where I can just walk in and play for free. How much sense does that make?

I say cut the rec. and give the money to the schools so at least the kids can benefit from it.
willy

Exeter, NH

#13 Mar 3, 2011
Why cut the rec? Just cut the person running it or make them do their job.
FYI

Exeter, NH

#14 Mar 3, 2011
10of each wrote:
<quoted text>
Whos sister works for the rec department? This is definately out of wac so which one running for selectmen would allow this so i know how to vote?
Read the post again and figure it out for yourself...who's the only she running for the board of selectman. And for the sister, I'm sure you can figure that out too. Sandra can't make a move without the commissioner's approval. That goes for spending, hiring and firing....
Not quite

New York, NY

#15 Mar 3, 2011
willy wrote:
Why cut the rec? Just cut the person running it or make them do their job.
Good point!
LOOK AND SEE

Hampton, NH

#16 Mar 3, 2011
JUST LOOK AT THE TOWN REPORT, WHY IS IT EVERY YEAR THE FIREMEN MAKE MORE IN OT THEN A REGULAR WORKER MAKES IN REG TIME. I JUST WHISH SOMEONE WHO HAS A SET WOULD DO SOMETHIN ABOUT IT, WHAT A RACKET THEY HAVE,I THINK IT IS A JOKE,
truth

Nottingham, NH

#17 Mar 3, 2011
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the post again and figure it out for yourself...who's the only she running for the board of selectman. And for the sister, I'm sure you can figure that out too. Sandra can't make a move without the commissioner's approval. That goes for spending, hiring and firing....
Please pay attention. The meetings clearly show Sandy gets all her approval from the Selectmen and Town Manager. Members are Susan Foote, Vernon Small, Linda Fortin, Barbara, Jessica Brown, Billy Knowles, Brandon Kelly, Alternates Maira Brown and Abuol Khan. FYI the TM does all the hiring and firing as we are a Town Manager Form of Government. Vernon has ran that Commission for years and I wish you would point your hatred elsewhere. The Commission is only an informational committee in other words a bunch of volunteers trying to help out and that is it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
10of each

Exeter, NH

#18 Mar 3, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text> Please pay attention. The meetings clearly show Sandy gets all her approval from the Selectmen and Town Manager. Members are Susan Foote, Vernon Small, Linda Fortin, Barbara, Jessica Brown, Billy Knowles, Brandon Kelly, Alternates Maira Brown and Abuol Khan. FYI the TM does all the hiring and firing as we are a Town Manager Form of Government. Vernon has ran that Commission for years and I wish you would point your hatred elsewhere. The Commission is only an informational committee in other words a bunch of volunteers trying to help out and that is it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
No hatred my dear just pointing out the fact that we are paying for an additional 35 part time -seasonal employees at the rec and Who would know about this other than having it jump out at you in the new town report that just came out! I think this may explain why the budget committee went right through that part of the budget review with no questions only laughter!! Is there any dept in this town that doesnt have someone in their back pocket?
Thewayitis

Exeter, NH

#19 Mar 3, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text> Please pay attention. The meetings clearly show Sandy gets all her approval from the Selectmen and Town Manager. Members are Susan Foote, Vernon Small, Linda Fortin, Barbara, Jessica Brown, Billy Knowles, Brandon Kelly, Alternates Maira Brown and Abuol Khan. FYI the TM does all the hiring and firing as we are a Town Manager Form of Government. Vernon has ran that Commission for years and I wish you would point your hatred elsewhere. The Commission is only an informational committee in other words a bunch of volunteers trying to help out and that is it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
The town manager hires whomever the department head recommends. Every hiring and firing at the recreation goes through the commission brought to them by the department head which is Sandra Beaudoin. Sandra does the budget and it is brought before the commission and on to the TM and BOS. The townspeople have the last say in the expenditures, not the TM or BOS or Department head. They can only recommend. Read up on the Recreation Commission and their authority and duties. The Budget Committee is only made up of volunteers also, but they do have a say in expenditures, but the last say is ours, the townspeople. So if the town is over expending, it is the fault of we the people....So let's stop blamming it on others.
spending

Exeter, NH

#20 Mar 3, 2011
The Selectmen can, through contract negotiations, obligate the town to about $15 million in spending that neither the Budget Committee, nor the voters, can touch. Since Aboul has a free ride back into office, BM can keep throwing more of his family into the 200 town jobs that we pay for. "We the people" have no say in payroll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of New Hampshire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump is not the first president to ban foreign... Feb 8 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Author John Smolens to visit Bayliss Library Sep '16 Field of Dreams 1
News Moo-ving out: Sensor sends text alerts from cow... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Newt G s Next Wife 3
News Study: Teen sex, drugs, violence plaster MySpac... (Jan '09) Jun '16 Marisha 8
News Reloading Miley Cyrus's startling, country-ting... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Billy Moore 1
News University: Paying $17,570 for dining hall tabl... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Ex Senator Stillb... 1
News University: Paying $17,570 for Dining Hall Tabl... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Knock off purse s... 10
More from around the web