Parental Corporal Punishment May Lead To Lower IQs In Offspring

Sep 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MediLexicon

Main Category: Pediatrics / Children's Health Also Included In: Anxiety / Stress Neurology / Neuroscience Children who are spanked have lower IQs worldwide, including in the United States, according to new groundbreaking research by University of New Hampshire professor Murray Straus.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
JustSayNoTo DrSpock

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

What a crock! So how is it that we have so many more idiots after Dr. Spock then before?
Dave Halsey

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Hmmm, not suprised by study. Yet the children
of authoritarian and punitive parents, who use corporal punishment and who are less educated and intelligent, would have their parent's genes
and intellectual modeling. That might put them
at an intellectual disadvantage as much as the traumatic beatings.
Jacksonville Florida

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Why must our school systems produce such idiots? There is good and bad in everything. If the good outweighs the bad, then common sense shows the way.

I am 56. I have a tenth grade education, by schooling standards. My mother was a very strict, disiplinarian, that used corporal punishment, because she raised 5 kids mostly, all by herself.

She also taught each one of us with good common sense. Schools and the workplace today, dumb down the students so badly, that I rarely see people that can actually think for themselves. I rarely find anyone with the same common sense.

The piece being discussed by the writer is stupid. If you can't show why, you shouldn't be here.
Jacksonville Florida

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

If a village raised each child in the same fashion, gave them the exact same opportunities, judged them equally and taught each in a loving manner, every step of the way, corporal punishment would still be needed, but it would be as rare as hens teeth.
Jacksonville Florida

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

What would the senarios be--that caused a parent to use corporal punishment? Even with the best of the best teaching, no child, parent or village, is without fault.
Lucas

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of New Hampshire Discussions

Search the University of New Hampshire Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pelosi holds little hope for immigration reform Jun 29 sandy1p 4
Chelsea man dies after altercation with police Jun 28 reality is a crutch 1
Witnesses: Boko Haram seizing villages in Nigeria Jun '14 Cyberwizard 1
President-elect to Egyptians: "Time to work" Jun '14 Faith 1
America's fastest shrinking cities Apr '14 GTFO 1
Spectras co-founder Dick Ray, dead at 66, lived... Feb '14 Beth M 1
UNH announces new STEM initiative Feb '14 reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••