ACLU urges university to let activist...

ACLU urges university to let activist speak

There are 70 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Nov 14, 2009, titled ACLU urges university to let activist speak. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

The American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada has sent a letter urging the president of the University of Nevada, Reno and a student organization director to allow an anti-illegal immigration activist to speak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
snow white and 3 Ks

Corinth, MS

#1 Nov 14, 2009
The ACLU needs to worry more about the rights of Americans.
TEA

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2009
The ACLU's anti-American claws are exposed yet again.
USA

AOL

#3 Nov 14, 2009
If the political winds shift in an ugly dirction...Obama will stand with the Atabs and Pakistani Americans.......his words....My question...who will stand by the dead in Fort Hood....that needs to be us....

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

Since: Jul 09

North American Union

#4 Nov 15, 2009
Did any of you window-lickers even bother to read the post? The ACLU wants the university to let an Anti illegal immigration activist get up to the podium.

Rico from East Los

Location hidden

#5 Nov 15, 2009
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
Did any of you window-lickers even bother to read the post? The ACLU wants the university to let an Anti illegal immigration activist get up to the podium.
Of course they all read the article but they all suffer from selective reading.

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

North American Union

#6 Nov 15, 2009
Rico from East Los wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they all read the article but they all suffer from selective reading.
Or they just like to hear themselves bitch.
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Nov 16, 2009
snow white and 3 Ks wrote:
The ACLU needs to worry more about the rights of Americans.
They are.

That you do not understand how all of our rights are implicated in such issues speaks volumes about your knowledge of civil rights, or the lack thereof.

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

North American Union

#8 Nov 16, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
They are.
That you do not understand how all of our rights are implicated in such issues speaks volumes about your knowledge of civil rights, or the lack thereof.
They started pissing and moaning without reading the article.
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#9 Nov 16, 2009
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
They started pissing and moaning without reading the article.
I know.

But even IF the speaker was a radical Muslim half-Mexcian La Raza supporter, free speech is free speech.

They are so dense that they cannot get past the idea that free speech means free to people who don't necessarily agree with them...

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

North American Union

#10 Nov 16, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
But even IF the speaker was a radical Muslim half-Mexcian La Raza supporter, free speech is free speech.
They are so dense that they cannot get past the idea that free speech means free to people who don't necessarily agree with them...
Everybody has the right to express their thoughts. You hit the nail on the head, they only want posters to agree with them.
Tea Leaf

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 19, 2009
TEA wrote:
The ACLU's anti-American claws are exposed yet again.
Court tosses ACLU appeal over religious school scholarships

http://www.examiner.com/x-2359-Evangelical-Ex...

It is curious how this information about the Arizona Supreme Court's decision not to hear the appeal does not show up on the ACLU's web site. Do you wonder why?

This is just another typical example of radical anti-religion groups attempting to remove Christianity from the public square. It appears that the ACLU is still attempting to dismantle America as we know it by using American laws and its justice system against her.

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

North American Union

#12 Nov 19, 2009
Tea Leaf wrote:
<quoted text>Court tosses ACLU appeal over religious school scholarships
http://www.examiner.com/x-2359-Evangelical-Ex...
It is curious how this information about the Arizona Supreme Court's decision not to hear the appeal does not show up on the ACLU's web site. Do you wonder why?
This is just another typical example of radical anti-religion groups attempting to remove Christianity from the public square. It appears that the ACLU is still attempting to dismantle America as we know it by using American laws and its justice system against her.
Who brags about losing?
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#14 Nov 23, 2009
Tea Leaf wrote:
<quoted text>This is just another typical example of radical anti-religion groups attempting to remove Christianity from the public square. It appears that the ACLU is still attempting to dismantle America as we know it by using American laws and its justice system against her.
http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com

Like most teabaggers, you know only what you are told and never bother to actually research your "opinions."
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#15 Nov 23, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com
Like most teabaggers, you know only what you are told and never bother to actually research your "opinions."
Spoken like a BAG of wind..You don't care enough about this country to ever be a teabagger. The A.C.L.U. [email protected]!
an american

Lakeland, FL

#16 Nov 23, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
They are.
Fabeano better not to say anything then talk and verify that you are an idiot. Don't you have a 30mm case you should be on. PS. it was never on the news or anywhere else el facko
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#17 Nov 23, 2009
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken like a BAG of wind..You don't care enough about this country to ever be a teabagger. The A.C.L.U. [email protected]!
Thank you for your thoughtful and reasoned response. I have come to expect this level of intellectual debate from teabaggers, it's nice to see some things never change.

I care TOO MUCH about this country to be an idiot teabagger reactionary parrot. I also utilize my brain on occasion, which more than disqualifies me from membership in your organization.
Bonnie

United States

#18 Nov 23, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your thoughtful and reasoned response. I have come to expect this level of intellectual debate from teabaggers, it's nice to see some things never change.
I care TOO MUCH about this country to be an idiot teabagger reactionary parrot. I also utilize my brain on occasion, which more than disqualifies me from membership in your organization.
Hilarious. You utilize your brain on occasion. But never on this forum..Pinnochio you are such a wooden head. Twitch. Twitch. LMAO.

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

North American Union

#19 Nov 23, 2009
Fabioso wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try to have a civil conversation with Bonnie. Her childish responses expose her education peaked in elementary school.Bonnie makes that truck stop tramp Ms Taletha look intelligent.
Bonnie

United States

#20 Nov 23, 2009
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try to have a civil conversation with Bonnie. Her childish responses expose her education peaked in elementary school.Bonnie makes that truck stop tramp Ms Taletha look intelligent.
Hey a#s wipe.. Go sell your Mexican Revolution and One World Government [email protected] some where else..What bone head you are..
an american

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Nov 23, 2009
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you are a fool if you had one ounce of intellingence either one of these ladies have you could stop shoving peas up your nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada-Reno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman released in 1976 Reno murder case (Sep '14) Dec '15 Jackie 3
News Reno-Tahoe International Airport Celebrates New... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Local 2
News Carson City symposium to demystify transgender ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 TerryE 1
News Lake Tahoe fire-spotting camera saw Washington ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 good and maybe bad 1
News Teacher, poet Gloria Oberg dies at age 86 (Jul '11) Jun '15 Ciara Speace 4
News Is the Drought Triggering Earthquakes? (Apr '15) Apr '15 Local 2
News What unseen damage can small quakes do in North... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Dean 1
More from around the web