Washoe County educators back from tri...

Washoe County educators back from trip to China

There are 8 comments on the My Mother Lode story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Washoe County educators back from trip to China. In it, My Mother Lode reports that:

Back from an eight-day trip to China where they found many people fluent in English, four educators from the Washoe County School District are investigating ways to integrate more Chinese language learning into U.S. classrooms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at My Mother Lode.

jack

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jan 16, 2010
lets get real here,if we want to do anything,lets teach our spanish speaking folks,english...we cannot even do that,most schools have a selection of different languages avail. there again nv. is behind the rest of the country.but i really think we should help our southern neighbors whom have come here for a better life,first..i think you would not have to go to china to find out that they know a good deal of our language.
OREO

New York, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2010
jack wrote:
lets get real here,if we want to do anything,lets teach our spanish speaking folks,english...we cannot even do that,most schools have a selection of different languages avail. there again nv. is behind the rest of the country.but i really think we should help our southern neighbors whom have come here for a better life,first..i think you would not have to go to china to find out that they know a good deal of our language.
Actually Jack, you should learn Spanish. You're not stupid. I'm sure you could pick it up easy enough.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#3 Jan 16, 2010
An eye-opening experience, obviously.
El Vis

South Holland, IL

#4 Jan 16, 2010
!!No Habla??
Pickled Tripe

New York, NY

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Yes-0, we el speak-o el Spanish-o. That's how it's done, re-tards.
dcreno

Carson City, NV

#6 Jan 17, 2010
we should be looking into how there ciricculum is set forth in asian countries . there kids are ALOT smarter at an earier age then our kids .. we should be thinking about longer shool days and school years. not about teaching our kids chinese. so the school board spent all that money on a trip for that?? im sure the thousands of dollars that there trip cost could of been better spent right here in washoe co.. like purchasing text books .. i dont think many people are aware that alot of kids have to share text books at school in this county.. washoe county school disrict is not a "world class school district" as they claim" what a shame...
El Vis

South Holland, IL

#7 Jan 17, 2010
Pickled Tripe wrote:
Yes-0, we el speak-o el Spanish-o. That's how it's done, re-tards.
?? No comprende Senor ??
jack

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jan 17, 2010
dcreno,you are right,it was wasted trip,great vacation for the co. people who went there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada-Reno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
miss coed 2017! (Jan '17) Jan '17 daniellescu 1
News Plants may be key to new medicines (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Woman released in 1976 Reno murder case (Sep '14) Dec '15 Jackie 3
News Reno-Tahoe International Airport Celebrates New... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Local 2
News Carson City symposium to demystify transgender ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 TerryE 1
News Lake Tahoe fire-spotting camera saw Washington ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 good and maybe bad 1
News Teacher, poet Gloria Oberg dies at age 86 (Jul '11) Jun '15 Ciara Speace 4
More from around the web