Same-sex classes: A novel approach to lasting learning and calm classrooms

Apr 26, 2009 Full story: Reno Gazette-Journal 8

Even with the low hum of voices coming from a fifth-grade classroom at Desert Heights Elementary School, the room is quiet.

Full Story
margaret ferrara

Reno, NV

#1 Apr 26, 2009
Thanks for helping everyone see that positive things are going on in our WCSD schools. I am going to share this article with Dr. Sax and others in the international arena who are working on single-sex classrooms.
kev

Sun Valley, NV

#2 Apr 27, 2009
So this is there answer to a failing school system... That's laughable. How do you consider this a positive thing? This is just another attempt to take the attention away from the real problems of public schools.

I dunno I honestly think this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Who would have thought all theses years of government funded school failures and all along it was cause we had BOYS aaaannnnddd GIRLS in the same class. Whewww problem fixed hu?
gill petria

San Diego, CA

#3 Apr 30, 2009
I agree with Kev on this one,anything to take the attention off the real failures of our school's

Good Call Kev!

Gil Petra
San Diego California
Beth youmans

Parsons, TN

#4 May 11, 2009
gill petria wrote:
I agree with Kev on this one,anything to take the attention off the real failures of our school's
Good Call Kev!
Gil Petra
San Diego California
dear Kev, i think ur stupid it would improve schools bc then nobody would get in trouble for pda dud
Beth youmans

Parsons, TN

#5 May 11, 2009
i think it would improve the schools system by using single-sex classrooms. Then plp wouldn't get in trouble foe pda. It would all the schools if we went to single-sex classrooms.
Tommy

San Diego, CA

#6 May 16, 2009
In a single sex class where would the gay students be placed.
Kev

Sun Valley, NV

#7 May 19, 2009
I see Beth is a result of our fantastic public school system.
gill petria

San Diego, CA

#8 May 20, 2009
Good one Kev.

we need more thinking people like you on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada-Reno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need some help from a UNR student Nov '14 Ash 1
Even in minority role, Harry Reid will remain a... Nov '14 okimar 27
Woman released in 1976 Reno murder case Sep '14 MYFAITH831 2
Practice area for non music majors or minors (Aug '14) Aug '14 The Marxist Violin 1
Building boom: UNR projects could pour $460 mil... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Woman_walkin 1
Let Women Carry Concealed Firearms on Campus (Jan '14) Jan '14 Don Joe 75
Editorial: Smoking ban will send message to UNR... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web