Business leaders: Make renewable energy cheaper
Representatives from corporate giants Google Inc. and General Electric Co. said Tuesday that transitioning the United States to renewable energy on a large scale would be possible if renewable energy were ...
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal Record.
#1 Aug 20, 2008
This country has the best oil men in the world. They are the best at drilling and they are the best at exploring and after many decades of drilling and exploring they are providing us with 30% of our oil needs. We can not expect them to find the other 70% offshore or in Alaska. If that is your solution then you are giving up and if we give up the Unites States of America will be owned by Russia and China within 20 years. Every single day we import 11 million barrels of oil. At todays prices of around $115 / barrel thats well over one billion dollars leaving this country every day. On the other hand Russia exports about 6.5 million barrels a day. Can you see how Russia is getting wealthier and were being robbed? This country needs to stop those dollars from leaving our borders and the easiest way to do that is buy American made flex fuel cars and fill them up with HOMEGROWN American made fuel, biofuel that is, green gold, Georgia mash.
For you young whippersnappers that last line is a play on words from a verse in the Theme from The Beverly Hillbillies.
#2 Aug 20, 2008
I'm not sure we've learned much from our oil import financial fiasco. One of the largest investors in wind power in the northeast is a French company, and Spain and Portugal both have multinationals that are getting in on the tax credit feeding frenzy. I don't see much difference in the end between siphoning our money to the mideast or siphoning it to the Euro bloc.
We started out as a responsible, independent-minded country. We have prided ourselves (in the past) on being willing, even eager, to take personal responsibility for our selves and our future. With that responsibility comes the freedom we so often claim to want.
As in most political/social events that seem to make little sense, the old warning, "follow the money" will eventually make it all make sense.
It's up to each of us, individually, to take it all back. We buy the cars, we invest in solar panels, we determine the market. If we let the big guys get their hooks too deeply and too easily into the alt energy market, we'll be little better off in the end, owing it all and depending for it all to come from someplace "above" in some boardroom or political backroom.
Investing in your own independence now will pay huge dividends when the real alt energy feeding frenzy begins.
#3 Aug 20, 2008
Could you elaborate further on your last sentence??
Add your comments below
|Trump Calls Clinton Foundation "Criminal Enterp...||3 hr||Synque||4|
|Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren...||Jul '16||Little Robbie||11|
|Vice President Joe Biden to visit CU-Boulder to... (Apr '16)||Apr '16||LUCY MARIE JANE||1|
|Lady Gaga teams up with Biden in campus sex ass... (Mar '16)||Mar '16||Old and Used To T...||8|
|Biden, Gaga team up to raise awareness about se... (Mar '16)||Mar '16||He Named Me Black...||3|
|Will Hispanic voters punch at their rightful po... (Dec '15)||Dec '15||tomin cali||1|
|Rand Paul's Campaign Grows Its 'Ground Troops' ... (Sep '15)||Sep '15||Elise Gingerich||1|
Find what you want!
Search University of Nevada-Las Vegas Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC