Poll: Reid loses full ballot test
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Vegas Review Journal.
#1 Apr 16, 2010
Crossover republicans and independents? Now that's funny! Dirty Harry Reid drew a line in the sand by his sneaking, backroom deals to push the Health Care Reform Bill. We will NEVER FORGET!
#2 Apr 16, 2010
November is coming
Harry Reid is insane if he believes for a minute there will be any crossover Republicans or Independents
he made his choice with the partisan Democrat only healthcare vote
Crush the National Socialist Democratic Party in November
no more Dems in 2010
We Will NEVER FORGET
#3 Apr 17, 2010
#5 Jul 14, 2010
o GOA Ratings / House
o Current Gun Bills
o Vote Tracking
o Contact Info For Congress
o The Capitol Hill Report
o Materials Sent To The Hill
Is Harry Reid pro-gun or anti-gun?
----- You Decide
Nevada Senator Harry Reid claims to be a defender of the Second Amendment. Is that really the case? You decide. Here is a list of votes he has cast over the past twenty years in the U.S. Senate:
1. December 24, 2009—Reid used his position as Majority Leader to pass the ObamaCare legislation. This bill will allow the BATFE and FBI to troll through the ObamaCare database for gun owners who would be disqualified because of their medical information.
2. September 9, 2009—Voted to confirm Cass Sunstein as Administrator of Regulatory Affairs (Regulatory Czar). GOA notified all Senators that Cass Sunstein is a radical leftist who would like to ban hunting and give animals some of the same rights as humans in the courtroom.
3. August 6, 2009—Voted to confirm Sonya Sotomayor as Supreme Court Justice. GOA warned all Senators that Judge Sotomayor's record on gun rights was one of hostility to the Second Amendment, which was born out in her dissent in the McDonald decision.
4. June 25, 2009—Voted to confirm Harold Koh as Legal Advisor to the Department of State. GOA warned all Senators that Koh is a radical globalist pushing for worldwide gun control regulation, including the UN Treaty on Small Arms.
5. March 19, 2009—Voted to massively expand the amount of land covered by the National Parks gun ban. As Majority Leader, Reid frustrated the efforts of pro-gun Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) for more than a year to repeal the gun ban. Sen. Coburn's position ultimately prevailed after overcoming Reid's opposition later in 2009.
6. February 2, 2009—Voted to confirm Eric Holder as Attorney General. Holder was an anti-Second Amendment official for the Clinton administration, and has called for a renewal of the Clinton gun ban.
7. January 31, 2006—Voted against Samuel Alito for Supreme Court Justice. Justice Alito's record and testimony to the Senate show that he is strong advocate for Second Amendment rights. Had Reid's position prevailed on this vote, the 5-4 decisions in Heller and McDonald could have gone the other way.
8. January 18, 2007—Voted against an amendment to strike language in a bill that would infringe upon the free speech rights of groups like GOA by requiring them to monitor and report on communications with members, and could easily have led to government demands for organizational membership list (a.k.a. registration).
9. September 29, 2005—Voted against John Roberts for Supreme Court Justice. Roberts' record and testimony to the Senate show that he is strong advocate for Second Amendment rights. Had Reid's position prevailed on this vote, the 5-4 decisions in Heller and McDonald could have gone the other way.
10. July 28, 2005—Voted for an amendment to require all handgun purchasers to pay an implicit "gun tax" by requiring them to buy a trigger lock when they purchase their handgun, irrespective of need.
11. March 2, 2004—Voted to outlaw the private sale of firearms at gun shows unless the buyer agrees to submit to an FBI background registration check. This legislative would have effectively eliminated gun shows because of stringent requirements placed on event sponsors.
Add your comments below
|How athleisure overtook fashion to become the d...||Apr '17||simoneblake||1|
|Between the Sheets: Hospitality students invite... (Mar '17)||Mar '17||Thomas Gardiner||1|
|Analysis: U.S.-Mexican border wall not guarante... (Feb '17)||Feb '17||spytheweb||6|
|Dylann Roof was not 'self-radicalized.' He was ... (Dec '16)||Dec '16||For Real||1|
|Trump Calls Clinton Foundation "Criminal Enterp... (Oct '16)||Oct '16||Flirtz4306||43|
|Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... (May '16)||Jul '16||Little Robbie||11|
|Vice President Joe Biden to visit CU-Boulder to... (Apr '16)||Apr '16||LUCY MARIE JANE||1|
Find what you want!
Search University of Nevada-Las Vegas Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC