Vin Suprynowicz: Discussing guns dubbed 'academic misconduct'

Jun 7, 2009 Read more: Las Vegas Review Journal
The forces of political correctness once vowed that, should they ever take over, their free expression on all kinds of issues -- from gay rights to amnesty for illegals to space aliens inspiring the pyramids of ancient Egypt -- would no longer be censored. Read more
tomas

United States

#1 Jun 7, 2009
Yes, the politically "correct" people went to far. Now, they are seeing a backlash. Sadly, the "Multicultural Movement" was right about many issues, but like most zealots, they pushed too hard without being careful about language. First off, the MC Movement was a political movement, having little or nothing to do with culture. That is way, eventually, it became a "Diversity" movement. Movements are funny things: they are like the stock markets: up and down, but usually push ahead rather go backwards. Even though a liberal thinker, I always fought the more outlandish notions of the MC Movement, while supporting specifics.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#2 Jun 7, 2009
tomas wrote:
Yes, the politically "correct" people went to far. Now, they are seeing a backlash. Sadly, the "Multicultural Movement" was right about many issues, but like most zealots, they pushed too hard without being careful about language. First off, the MC Movement was a political movement, having little or nothing to do with culture. That is way, eventually, it became a "Diversity" movement. Movements are funny things: they are like the stock markets: up and down, but usually push ahead rather go backwards. Even though a liberal thinker, I always fought the more outlandish notions of the MC Movement, while supporting specifics.
Multicultural and diversity?
Whatever happened to the 'live and let live' movement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada-Las Vegas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ADHD Stigma Mar 24 Vaccines Cause ADHD 3
News GRU's Ricardo Azziz named finalist in search fo... Oct '14 Daniel R Cobbie 1
News Hillary Clinton: Don't Saddle Students With Debt Oct '14 mjjcpa 1
News Study of single parents' dating, sexual activit... (Sep '14) Sep '14 elena23 1
News Hillary Clinton's Speaking Gigs Could Become a ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Tuco Blondie 2
News From prima signora to prima donna? Hillary Clin... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 14
News Clinton Says She's Donated College Speaking Fees (Jul '14) Jul '14 Le Jimbo 22
More from around the web