Cost of deporting illegal immigrants adds up

Mar 3, 2011 Read more: www.imperialrepublican.com 52

Question: What do 2,000 new Rolls Royces, the Pentagon's cyber-security investment and deporting all of Nebraska's illegal immigrants have in common? Answer: The same price tag-about $500 million.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Miquel IL

Wheeling, IL

#43 Mar 12, 2011
Like enacted legislation in Arizona and proposed measures in Georgia and Alabama, the South Carolina legislation focuses on bolstering the state's role in curtailing illegal immigration -- long deemed a federal law enforcement responsibility. In some ways, the Palmetto State proposal is not as stringent as those in other states.

Under the legislation, people convicted of making fake immigration documents could be imprisoned for as long as five years. The bill would also make it illegal not to have one's immigration card or to present false identification. But it would not be a crime -- in and of itself -- to be an illegal immigrant in the state of South Carolina.

In addition, the bill prohibits immigrants without proper approvals from working in the state.
DAVID

Bonney Lake, WA

#44 Mar 12, 2011
Bland Farms of Georgia, which uses the H-2A guestworker program and is a major grower of sweet Vidalia onions, was successfully sued for discrimination against an African-American woman. An article in the Legal Service Corporation's Equal Justice Magazine (Fall 2002) "Discrimination on the Farm," by Daniel Cox, describes the case brought by Georgia Legal Services, and quotes FJ's Bruce Goldstein.

Americans are discriminated against getting work in America by corrupt unions and other employers that do not want to follow the laws.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#45 Mar 12, 2011
ken L Golden wrote:
<quoted text> you dumbass, if you stay it still costs more to have you here, and the saying you do jobs americans won't do........thats proven to be false ! and a lame ass excuse to keep you, i want you scum to leave, illegal immigrant means criminal........
I don't commit crime, I just try to provide for my family.
DAVID

Bonney Lake, WA

#46 Mar 12, 2011
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't commit crime, I just try to provide for my family.
All illegals are worthless criminals,so what part do you not understand?
Trucking business owner

Philadelphia, PA

#47 Mar 13, 2011
Legal immigration is not enough , that's why illegal is allowed , is needed and he say why :

Finally somebody have the b/\lls to say the reality , the unacceptable hidden public secret TRUTH :

Black SC lawmaker: Immigrants are hardest workers
| Source: El Paso Times | See Full Story
An African-American lawmaker in South Carolina said Tuesday that stricter illegal immigration laws would hurt the state because blacks and whites don't work as hard as Hispanics.

Black SC lawmaker: Immigrants are hardest workers

By SEANNA ADCOX Associated Press
Posted: 02/08/2011 09:27:18 PM MST

COLUMBIA, S.C.—An African-American lawmaker in South Carolina said Tuesday that stricter illegal immigration laws would hurt the state because blacks and whites don't work as hard as Hispanics.
State Sen. Robert Ford made his remarks during a Senate committee debate over an Arizona-style immigration law, eliciting a smattering of nervous laughter in the chamber after he said "brothers" don't work as hard as Mexicans. He continued that his "blue-eyed brothers" don't either.
Once his ancestors were freed from slavery, he said, they didn't want to do any more hard work, so they were replaced by Chinese and Japanese.
"We need these workers here. A lot of people aren't going to do certain type of work in this country," said Ford, D-Charleston. "The brothers are going to find ways to take a break. Ever since this country was built, we've had somebody do the work for us."
He recalled to senators that four workers in the country illegally showed up on his lawn and finished mowing, edging and other work in 30 minutes that would take others much longer, and only wanted $10 for the job. He went on to say he recommended the workers to his neighbors, and one local lawn care businessman lost work—a story one senator remarked was hurting, not helping, his case.
"Black guys and white guys are going to get out there and do the hard work? No. I'm for America, and America's a country of immigrants," Ford said later when reached on his cell phone. "Everybody in America finds ways to take a break."
http://www.elpasotimes.com/nationworld/ci_173 ...
Trucking business owner

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Mar 13, 2011
Those are US companies who prefer foreign labor and because they cannot afford it here due to immigration laws, the US companies moved all to Mexico and china and now we all se the result : NO jobs no taxes are collected from business that are not here :

Mexico was the United States' 3rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2009.

U.S. goods imports from Mexico totaled $176.5 billion in 2009, down 18.2%($39.4 billion) from 2008, but up 257% over the last 15 years. It is up 342% since 1993 (Pre-NAFTA). U.S. imports from Mexico accounted for 11.3% of overall U.S. imports in 2009, up from 7% in 1994.

The five largest import categories in 2009 were: Electrical Machinery ($46.0 billion), Vehicles (cars and parts)($26.8 billion), Mineral Fuel and Oil (crude)($25.2 billion), Machinery ($22.1 billion), and Optic and Medical Instruments ($7.3 billion).

U.S. imports of agricultural products from Mexico totaled $11.4 billion in 2009, the 2nd largest U.S. supplier. Leading categories include: fresh vegetables ($2.8 billion), fresh fruit (excluding bananas)($1.9 billion), wine and beer ($1.5 billion), and snack foods (including chocolate)($1.0 billion).

U.S. imports of private commercial services*(i.e., excluding military and government) from Mexico were $15.8 billion in 2008 (latest data available), up 2.7%($415 million) from 2007, and up 100% from 1994 levels. Travel accounted for most of U.S. services imports from Mexico in 2008. 
DAVID

Bonney Lake, WA

#49 Mar 13, 2011
Trucking business owner wrote:
Those are US companies who prefer foreign labor and because they cannot afford it here due to immigration laws, the US companies moved all to Mexico and china and now we all se the result : NO jobs no taxes are collected from business that are not here :
Mexico was the United States' 3rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2009.
U.S. goods imports from Mexico totaled $176.5 billion in 2009, down 18.2%($39.4 billion) from 2008, but up 257% over the last 15 years. It is up 342% since 1993 (Pre-NAFTA). U.S. imports from Mexico accounted for 11.3% of overall U.S. imports in 2009, up from 7% in 1994.
The five largest import categories in 2009 were: Electrical Machinery ($46.0 billion), Vehicles (cars and parts)($26.8 billion), Mineral Fuel and Oil (crude)($25.2 billion), Machinery ($22.1 billion), and Optic and Medical Instruments ($7.3 billion).
U.S. imports of agricultural products from Mexico totaled $11.4 billion in 2009, the 2nd largest U.S. supplier. Leading categories include: fresh vegetables ($2.8 billion), fresh fruit (excluding bananas)($1.9 billion), wine and beer ($1.5 billion), and snack foods (including chocolate)($1.0 billion).
U.S. imports of private commercial services*(i.e., excluding military and government) from Mexico were $15.8 billion in 2008 (latest data available), up 2.7%($415 million) from 2007, and up 100% from 1994 levels. Travel accounted for most of U.S. services imports from Mexico in 2008. 
Rico,your a liberal lying idiot.All illegals are worthless idiots,so go back to your nation with your parents.
DAVID SUX

Canyon Country, CA

#50 Mar 13, 2011
DAVID wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico,your a liberal lying idiot.All illegals are worthless idiots,so go back to your nation with your parents.
David it would be alot cheaper if you left.
DAVID

Bonney Lake, WA

#51 Mar 13, 2011
DAVID SUX wrote:
<quoted text>
David it would be alot cheaper if you left.
Then leave,and take your boyfriend with you.
Rambeaux

Andreas, PA

#52 Mar 13, 2011
Did it cost them as much to come into the U.S.? Anyway, I don't think the cost of one-way tickets on Greyhound would cost even near this figure.
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#53 Mar 14, 2011
Round them all up like cattle and drive them over the border...they're pretty used to that kind of treatment from those Wiley Coyote's that brought them over here....
MAID IN AMERICA

Winter Haven, FL

#54 Mar 14, 2011
GOT a BRILLIANT IDEA!!..Tell there's jobs overseas.. and...Send them over to Japan to help clean up that mess...That should about take them forever to do and it could solve OUR ILLEGAL PROBLEM!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nebraska Lincoln Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nebraskan convicted in hate crime hoax a no-sho... Jan '15 wade 9
News State Auditor Questions University Of Nebraska ... Dec '14 Voting Taxpayer 1
Nebraska Coach Dec '14 topel 1
News NU to host seminar on USDA small business grants (Jul '14) Jul '14 Oregonbythesea 1
News Entrepreneurial spirit thrives in New Hampshire (Oct '12) Jul '14 Still at the top 6
News Ban on fireworks (Jun '14) Jun '14 hays resident 1
News Lost in sea of GOP? Here's our guide to the 201... (Dec '13) Dec '13 New GOP Voter 1
More from around the web