Cost of deporting illegal immigrants ...

Cost of deporting illegal immigrants adds up

There are 52 comments on the www.imperialrepublican.com story from Mar 3, 2011, titled Cost of deporting illegal immigrants adds up. In it, www.imperialrepublican.com reports that:

Question: What do 2,000 new Rolls Royces, the Pentagon's cyber-security investment and deporting all of Nebraska's illegal immigrants have in common? Answer: The same price tag-about $500 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.imperialrepublican.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
American Eagle

La Puente, CA

#1 Mar 3, 2011
Take away their free bennies and they'll leave for Canada!
Mary

Akron, OH

#2 Mar 3, 2011
The cost of keeping them is much more and the cost to deport them...IF we secure our borders to KEEP them out...is a one time cost, as opposed to throwing good money after bad year after year if these parasites would be permitted to stay. If the American people have their way they'll be gone.

Since: May 10

United States

#3 Mar 3, 2011
Arizona got rid of the majority of it's parasites with one stroke of the Governor's pen. They left within days of the law being mentioned let alone signed. That's why we in California see the pedro vans with AZ license plates on them. If every state did what Arizona and Missouri have done. the illegals would be gone! Where there's a will, there's a way. Anything can be accomplished. GO AZ!!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#4 Mar 3, 2011
If it cost so much than let us stay. we only do jobs americans don't want to do.
Mary

Akron, OH

#5 Mar 3, 2011
DonMan wrote:
Arizona got rid of the majority of it's parasites with one stroke of the Governor's pen. They left within days of the law being mentioned let alone signed. That's why we in California see the pedro vans with AZ license plates on them. If every state did what Arizona and Missouri have done. the illegals would be gone! Where there's a will, there's a way. Anything can be accomplished. GO AZ!!
More and more states are looking at passing the same kind of laws. American taxpayers and voters are fed up and the parasites in DC know their days are numbered on the gravy train they ride if they don't listen up. Amerians have HAD IT.

Since: May 10

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2011
Juan wrote:
If it cost so much than let us stay. we only do jobs americans don't want to do.
Arizona didn't have to pay anything and they left!! That the way it should be.
Mary

Akron, OH

#7 Mar 3, 2011
Juan wrote:
And you know that tired old lie is completely worn out, don't you?
promisses

Sutton, MA

#8 Mar 3, 2011
To.Mary,and donman let me tell you something the people like you two destroying the country and busenis your and my grand parents bild this country know sins government start enforcing or laws what's happening citizens becoming more vilent can you solve this problem morans with GOP do you have a 100 doll, to call in at your work for a week til you spend your monny then you would show up again for another penny god bless immigrants they cept this country a live know some people like you destroying it.

“ Divided We Fall ”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 3, 2011
If the federal government would just start enforcing our immigration laws and make E-Verify mandatory most here illegally would self deport.

Since: May 08

Spokane, WA

#10 Mar 3, 2011
OvrAndOvrAgn wrote:
If the federal government would just start enforcing our immigration laws and make E-Verify mandatory most here illegally would self deport.
If states refuse to comply with e-Verify, then the Federal Government should withold ALL FEDERAL MONEY, until the do!
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Mar 4, 2011
The Fed is just blowing more BS at us about the costs; it's the old "It's too haaaard!" whine we've been hearing for decades now.

I wonder if that'll work when I try to explain why I don't want to pay my income taxes..

Do your job, Feds! We've been paying you for decades, so fix it.
Lee AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Mar 4, 2011
DonMan
sorry but nothing is free it did cost AZ to get rid
of some of them , there is still plenty left !
some have discided to hang in there and see if the
obamy ADDM would offer amnesty , it has took a act
of god to get this far , sheriff Jo Arpaio has had
his authority striped from him to enforce immigration , he has been investigated by everyone , Arpaio dont care he just tells the obamy
ADD to kiss his ass , but for what good it did ?
ICE will not pick them up and if they do they just let them go , it has cost AZ 1.7 million to defend
SB 1070 , Boycott AZ (est) in the millions , to be honest we hardly noticed it , not to mention we became the laughing stock of the nation , espeacialy by CAL , but who is laughing now CAL ?
Lee AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Mar 4, 2011
and as you can also see homeland security has gone
around the nation and told America that the border
is more secure than its ever been , wich makes are sheriffs down on the southern border look like
bafoons !! a new servey has ( EST ) the cost of illegals has cost us 2.7 million , and now that
obamy and couderon have let the mexican truckers
invade America , think of the millions of truck driving jobs we will lose what will that cost us ??
AZ has two Interstate freeways going threw it I-10
and I-40 every truck has to pay AZ to travel threw
it just like every state does , I am sure obamy will give them a speacial deal on that as well,we will be hearing more on that I am sure ! this is not just AZ fight we are just ground zero this is the nations fight as well , keep posting get the word out IMPEACH OBAMY !!

Lee AZ
Veteran
ken L Golden

Vancouver, WA

#15 Mar 11, 2011
Juan wrote:
you dumbass, if you stay it still costs more to have you here, and the saying you do jobs americans won't do........thats proven to be false ! and a lame ass excuse to keep you, i want you scum to leave, illegal immigrant means criminal........
free iran

Spring Valley, NY

#16 Mar 12, 2011
americans should be aware of the oppression in iran
Long Hauler

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Mar 12, 2011
Finally somebody have the b/\lls to say the reality , the unacceptable hidden public secret TRUTH :

Black SC lawmaker: Immigrants are hardest workers
| Source: El Paso Times | See Full Story
An African-American lawmaker in South Carolina said Tuesday that stricter illegal immigration laws would hurt the state because blacks and whites don't work as hard as Hispanics.

Black SC lawmaker: Immigrants are hardest workers

By SEANNA ADCOX Associated Press
Posted: 02/08/2011 09:27:18 PM MST

COLUMBIA, S.C.—An African-American lawmaker in South Carolina said Tuesday that stricter illegal immigration laws would hurt the state because blacks and whites don't work as hard as Hispanics.
State Sen. Robert Ford made his remarks during a Senate committee debate over an Arizona-style immigration law, eliciting a smattering of nervous laughter in the chamber after he said "brothers" don't work as hard as Mexicans. He continued that his "blue-eyed brothers" don't either.
Once his ancestors were freed from slavery, he said, they didn't want to do any more hard work, so they were replaced by Chinese and Japanese.
"We need these workers here. A lot of people aren't going to do certain type of work in this country," said Ford, D-Charleston. "The brothers are going to find ways to take a break. Ever since this country was built, we've had somebody do the work for us."
He recalled to senators that four workers in the country illegally showed up on his lawn and finished mowing, edging and other work in 30 minutes that would take others much longer, and only wanted $10 for the job. He went on to say he recommended the workers to his neighbors, and one local lawn care businessman lost work—a story one senator remarked was hurting, not helping, his case.
"Black guys and white guys are going to get out there and do the hard work? No. I'm for America, and America's a country of immigrants," Ford said later when reached on his cell phone. "Everybody in America finds ways to take a break."
http://www.elpasotimes.com/nationworld/ci_173...

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 12, 2011
Juan wrote:
Work and give some of your skills to build your country up surely mexico can use it!
DAVID

Bonney Lake, WA

#19 Mar 12, 2011
Enforcing all of the laws and securing the borders with the military is cheaper than having illegals here.That is a fact that the libs hate,so vote them out of office.
Miquel IL

Wheeling, IL

#20 Mar 12, 2011
Choosing not to reward criminal activity is neither racist nor bigoted. Entering a country illegally with forged documentation for the purpose of obtaining unlawful employment makes you a criminal. Not a refugee. And certainly not a hero and just because I don't want my country overrun with illegals hardly makes me a racist.
Eliminate the path for ILLEGALS to work here in the US and they
will gladly pay their own way back to the country they call home____
If there is no pay___ They will not stay. And Corporations will hire back
increasingly at a fair wage the existing Americans not working.
If these present day ILLEGALS do apply for legal immigration later
investigators should do a PAST background income check of applicants
who used aliases of other Americans (a felony) prior to that
immigration application
and IF it's found that they have been "under reporting" their
income (Tax Evasion) that should be grounds for deportation
and NO POSSIBLITY FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION...
DAVID

Bonney Lake, WA

#21 Mar 12, 2011
Miquel IL wrote:
Choosing not to reward criminal activity is neither racist nor bigoted. Entering a country illegally with forged documentation for the purpose of obtaining unlawful employment makes you a criminal. Not a refugee. And certainly not a hero and just because I don't want my country overrun with illegals hardly makes me a racist.
Eliminate the path for ILLEGALS to work here in the US and they
will gladly pay their own way back to the country they call home____
If there is no pay___ They will not stay. And Corporations will hire back
increasingly at a fair wage the existing Americans not working.
If these present day ILLEGALS do apply for legal immigration later
investigators should do a PAST background income check of applicants
who used aliases of other Americans (a felony) prior to that
immigration application
and IF it's found that they have been "under reporting" their
income (Tax Evasion) that should be grounds for deportation
and NO POSSIBLITY FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION...
That is right,but so far no politician in the White house,or enough politicians in congress will do it.They pass laws but refuse to have all of the laws enforced on all of the people all of the time,which is ending the rule of law in America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nebraska Lincoln Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News International students have hard time adapting ... Apr '15 Tang 10
News Nebraskan convicted in hate crime hoax a no-sho... Jan '15 wade 9
News State Auditor Questions University Of Nebraska ... Dec '14 Voting Taxpayer 1
Nebraska Coach Dec '14 topel 1
News NU to host seminar on USDA small business grants (Jul '14) Jul '14 Oregonbythesea 1
News Entrepreneurial spirit thrives in New Hampshire (Oct '12) Jul '14 Still at the top 6
News Ban on fireworks (Jun '14) Jun '14 hays resident 1
More from around the web