Men programmed to avoid sex with best friends' wives: study

Mar 22, 2013 Full story: New York Daily News

Researchers suggest guys may have a biological predisposition against hitting on their best friends' partners.

Full Story

Since: Mar 13

anywhere

#1 Mar 22, 2013
I never date married women or women with lawman as there ex. Even if it is just quickie....no way...

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Good thing I wasn't in this "study". The only woman I felt I truly loved was a roommates girlfriend who had only broke up with him days before. Needless to say, he didn't remain a "roommate" much longer.
It wasn't that it bothered me or HER, it was HIM that it bothered so much that he couldn't bear to see us together. I know for a fact that he didn't love her any where close (if at all) to the amount I felt for her.
I didn't realize this until years later since he gave a convincing 'act" that it was for another reason completely.
After 3+ years of being together and one child, she left for another guy who she told me she deeply regretted leaving me for. He turned out to be a real abusive nightmare to her (and my son).
In the meantime, I met and married (and had two other children with) another woman who I've been married to for over 33 years now.
Such is life, eh?
Bubba

AOL

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Personally, I would tend to take the "nurture" side of the old argument over "nature" in this instance. One shouldn't need a biological predisposition to observe basic decorum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Charge Ferguson Protesters for Robbery o... Dec 12 cant fix libtarded 2
Interest in non-genetically modified crops grows Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
Why is violent crime so rare in Iceland (May '13) Oct '14 Potato 12
Estate Planning Workshops for Farms and Small B... Oct '14 kurtcooksalot16 1
I am a 14-year-old Yazidi girl given as a gift ... Sep '14 Joe 5
Institutional Racism in Ferguson? First Black S... Aug '14 Responsibility 10
MU Researcher Develops and Proves Effectiveness... Aug '14 Everytime 2
More from around the web