Men programmed to avoid sex with best...

Men programmed to avoid sex with best friends' wives: study

There are 3 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 22, 2013, titled Men programmed to avoid sex with best friends' wives: study. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Researchers suggest guys may have a biological predisposition against hitting on their best friends' partners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Mar 13

#1 Mar 22, 2013
I never date married women or women with lawman as there ex. Even if it is just way...

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Good thing I wasn't in this "study". The only woman I felt I truly loved was a roommates girlfriend who had only broke up with him days before. Needless to say, he didn't remain a "roommate" much longer.
It wasn't that it bothered me or HER, it was HIM that it bothered so much that he couldn't bear to see us together. I know for a fact that he didn't love her any where close (if at all) to the amount I felt for her.
I didn't realize this until years later since he gave a convincing 'act" that it was for another reason completely.
After 3+ years of being together and one child, she left for another guy who she told me she deeply regretted leaving me for. He turned out to be a real abusive nightmare to her (and my son).
In the meantime, I met and married (and had two other children with) another woman who I've been married to for over 33 years now.
Such is life, eh?

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Personally, I would tend to take the "nurture" side of the old argument over "nature" in this instance. One shouldn't need a biological predisposition to observe basic decorum.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Defining Sexism Down (Feb '16) Oct 20 justan igger 3
News Student no longer at Tennessee school after dis... Oct 16 TheKidfromBorneo 36
News British mother is arrested in France accused of... Sep '16 Ivyawe 1
News Enrollment up at other Missouri universities as... Sep '16 John Wick 1
News 2 years after Ferguson, recriminations roil gov... Aug '16 Rip Chen Picket 29
News Chicago activists shut down Dan Ryan Expressway... Jul '16 bozo 2
News Healthy weight programs for lesbian and bisexua... Jul '16 Holy Silicon Wafer 1
More from around the web