On This Day: Newspaper Heiress Patty ...

On This Day: Newspaper Heiress Patty Hearst Is Kidnapped

There are 12 comments on the www.findingdulcinea.com story from Feb 4, 2009, titled On This Day: Newspaper Heiress Patty Hearst Is Kidnapped. In it, www.findingdulcinea.com reports that:

On Feb. 4, 1974, members of the Symbionese Liberation Army kidnapped Patricia Hearst, granddaughter of newspaper mogul William Randolph Hearst, beginning a nearly two-year dramatic saga that captivated the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.findingdulcinea.com.

BAGELIST

New York, NY

#1 Feb 4, 2009
I watched "Guerrilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst" and "The Weather Underground" on consecutive nights. That was a good week. What a crazy time in American history.
Janet

Portland, OR

#2 Feb 4, 2009
I wonder if Patty Hearst has been rehabilitated or if she still considers herself a "soldier of the people's army."
Borneo

New York, NY

#3 Feb 4, 2009
Patty Hearst has such a crazy story. I'd like to read more about her.
BettyB

Laramie, WY

#4 Feb 4, 2009
How could a person recover from something like that? It would require some serious therapy, I'm sure.
Brianna

New York, NY

#5 Feb 4, 2009
Borneo wrote:
Patty Hearst has such a crazy story. I'd like to read more about her.
She wrote a book or at least authorized one. I read it a few years ago. I don't remember much, but I remember her being locked in a closet and that the SLA women were expected to sleep with pretty much any SLA man that tapped them.
tinker

Houston, TX

#6 Feb 4, 2009
i'm totally sympathetic, but boy would it be hard to be friends with a person after that. jeepers!
Jeffer

New York, NY

#7 Feb 5, 2009
Patty Hearst looks kind of cute in that pic, like in a "I eat baseball bats for lunch" sort of way.
Nell

New York, NY

#8 Feb 5, 2009
What a wonderfully weird story.
mushroom bagel

New York, NY

#9 Feb 12, 2009
Nell wrote:
What a wonderfully weird story.
I agree. I was trying to think up similar cases, in which a celebrity has been abducted and brainwashed by captors, and could not think of anything.
George Vreeland Hill

Henniker, NH

#10 May 31, 2009
Love Patty!
Power to the people!!

George Vreeland Hill
Comr Mark Anthony

Sweden

#11 Jul 15, 2009
What are the FG up to let FG give ASUU what they need we are really tried of this strike.com r mark Anthony Student
Tawana

New York, NY

#12 Jul 15, 2009
I'll never forget the incident mentioned in the article when the safe house went up in flames and they thought she was in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Western Military Interventions Shaped the B... (Jun '16) Jun '16 E U IS DYING 1
News has brought in Susan Stanton (Feb '10) Jun '16 Gregorio49 6
News With $275,000 fee for Hillary Clinton, college ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Miss Id 1
News VIDEO: The West Isn't Out to Save Ukraine; It's... (Jun '15) Jun '15 HNC 3
News Sutton's welcomes Brandy Robertson (Sep '14) Nov '14 thoughts 7
News a Losta history of Panama Canal is now found in... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Whoa 1
News The Bonus: Three takeaways after Kansas' victor... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Yesh mehra 2
More from around the web