Fight over illegals' tuition reaches ...

Fight over illegals' tuition reaches high court

There are 23 comments on the San Francisco Chronicle story from Oct 6, 2010, titled Fight over illegals' tuition reaches high court. In it, San Francisco Chronicle reports that:

The 2002 law, intended to encourage youngsters to attend college, enables undocumented students to pay the same lower fees as other state residents - at the University of California, $11,300 instead of $34,000 a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Francisco Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#1 Oct 6, 2010
"The state law "has enabled thousands of talented high school students ... to get an affordable education," said Ethan Schulman, lawyer for the UC regents."
The state law has also prevented thousands of talented American high school students from getting an affordable education by allowing illegal aliens to fill the limited number of in state tuition positions.
USA 1st

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Oct 6, 2010
SWP wrote:
illegal alien mexicans should all be euthanized! and give gloria allred a shot while your at it!
I agree with you. We should unload on them!
Anonymous

Stamford, CT

#4 Oct 7, 2010
THEY ARE ILLEGAL!!!! They don't legally exist, so how are we providing them all of this?????????

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Norfolk, NE

#5 Oct 7, 2010
Since illegal students are not US citizens, they should be classified as "foreign students," and thus be under the guidelines for those, a.k.a. pay full tuition.

Norfolk, NE

#6 Oct 7, 2010
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
"The state law "has enabled thousands of talented high school students ... to get an affordable education," said Ethan Schulman, lawyer for the UC regents."
The state law has also prevented thousands of talented American high school students from getting an affordable education by allowing illegal aliens to fill the limited number of in state tuition positions.
Correct! To wit: State Law should protect legal state residents first and only.

Norfolk, NE

#7 Oct 7, 2010
SWP wrote:
illegal alien mexicans should all be euthanized! and give gloria allred a shot while your at it!
Gloria Allred MUST be reported to the state board of lawyers for ethical violations. She put her client (illegal-alien Nicky Diaz) in jeopardy of deportation in exchange for personal gain (more exposure).

Don't get me wrong, I want Nicky Diaz deported ON NOV. 3. She's a felon. However, I thank her for exposing Allred to disbarment. Allred is the female version of Sharpton and Jesse Jackson: Shameless self-promoters who use people for personal gain. Off with her head!!
Ron Locke

Chico, CA

#8 Oct 7, 2010
Does this mean that you are dropping your support for my new Holiday Proposal? Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Day.
Deece

Milton, MA

#9 Oct 7, 2010
I hope the DREAM Act never passes but IF the Republicans are forced into some sort of compromise on immigration reform (creating a path to citizenship for students) I would at least hope they have enough common sense to amend the legislation as follows:

1) Taxpayers should not have to subsidize the in state tuition rate. Pay the same rate as foreign students or don't attend. US taxpayers should not be financially penalized to compensate for their parents poor judgment.
2) There should be very clear language to prevent chain migration.
3) The students must complete a 4 year degree (the current 2 year requirement is a joke)
4) The age limit should be substantially reduced. The current legislation would allow people up to 35 years old to qualify
Ron Locke

Chico, CA

#10 Oct 7, 2010
Giving a big yellow Lemon to my new Holiday Proposal, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Day, is pure raw racism. Johhnie Cochran would dance a jig in his grave if he knew what you've done. Me, I'm crushed.

Norfolk, NE

#11 Oct 7, 2010
Ron Locke wrote:
Does this mean that you are dropping your support for my new Holiday Proposal? Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Day.
YES.

Any other questions?

Norfolk, NE

#12 Oct 7, 2010
Deece wrote:
I hope the DREAM Act never passes but IF the Republicans are forced into some sort of compromise on immigration reform (creating a path to citizenship for students) I would at least hope they have enough common sense to amend the legislation as follows:
1) Taxpayers should not have to subsidize the in state tuition rate. Pay the same rate as foreign students or don't attend. US taxpayers should not be financially penalized to compensate for their parents poor judgment.
2) There should be very clear language to prevent chain migration.
3) The students must complete a 4 year degree (the current 2 year requirement is a joke)
4) The age limit should be substantially reduced. The current legislation would allow people up to 35 years old to qualify
I understand what you are REALLY saying.

However, as long as we call, email, fax our Republican reps in Congress and remind them of their newly signed "Contract with America," they will not vote for the DREAM Act in any way, shape, or form. THIS IS WHY CALLING YOUR REP IS SO IMPORTANT.

And guess what. I have learned that Republican reps DO ACTUALLY WANT TO HEAR FROM US, AND WILL VOTE THE WAY THE MAJORITY OF THEIR CONSTITUENTS WANT THEM TO VOTE. This is why it is important that you contact them.

Times are a'changing, Deece. And thank God for that. Congress is finally realizing that they need to listen to their constituents.

Proof? Look at the Dems -- they are dropping any mention of their voting AYE for Obamacare from their local campaigns, because any reminder of it just turns voters away from them.(They've seen the polls -- the majority of Americans want Obamacare repealed or nixed.) However, it's too late for them. The congressional voting record speaks for itself.
no_more_illegals

Summerville, GA

#13 Oct 7, 2010
Ron Locke wrote:
How do we celebrate that holiday? Knock somebody up, then scream racism?
scout

United States

#14 Oct 7, 2010
Our Marxist Court will do what Marxist do: give criminals American money.

Slavery by taxation. Same old same old.

Meanwhile our grandkids will be trying to pick up what's left.

On the other hand, our fathers would be appalled that Marxists back doored us so effectively.

Now that's real Orwellian trivia.

Norfolk, NE

#15 Oct 7, 2010
Ron Locke wrote:
Giving a big yellow Lemon to my new Holiday Proposal, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Day, is pure raw racism. Johhnie Cochran would dance a jig in his grave if he knew what you've done. Me, I'm crushed.
And Johnnie Cohcran is important to the national political debate because .........?

Johnnie Cohcran, like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, is a race-baiter for personal gain (more media exposure, more clients for the firm).

But if you are posting just merely to troll, please go away. Your humor is wasted on us.

Norfolk, NE

#16 Oct 7, 2010
no_more_illegals wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we celebrate that holiday? Knock somebody up, then scream racism?
And then go on national TV?

(just had to add the most important part of these fakers' scheme. LMAO!)
LMFAO at U

West Hollywood, CA

#17 Oct 7, 2010
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Amazing how most admissions to colleges are directly linked to SAT scores & GPA but Americans cannot surpass these so called illegals in those scores.

Where's affirmative action for white trash American kids when they need it the most?

LMFAO
LMFAO at U

West Hollywood, CA

#19 Oct 7, 2010
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
And Johnnie Cohcran is important to the national political debate because .........?
Johnnie Cohcran, like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, is a race-baiter for personal gain (more media exposure, more clients for the firm).
But if you are posting just merely to troll, please go away. Your humor is wasted on us.
Said the race baiting troll.
Deece

Milton, MA

#20 Oct 7, 2010
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are REALLY saying.
However, as long as we call, email, fax our Republican reps in Congress and remind them of their newly signed "Contract with America," they will not vote for the DREAM Act in any way, shape, or form. THIS IS WHY CALLING YOUR REP IS SO IMPORTANT.
And guess what. I have learned that Republican reps DO ACTUALLY WANT TO HEAR FROM US, AND WILL VOTE THE WAY THE MAJORITY OF THEIR CONSTITUENTS WANT THEM TO VOTE. This is why it is important that you contact them.
Times are a'changing, Deece. And thank God for that. Congress is finally realizing that they need to listen to their constituents.
Proof? Look at the Dems -- they are dropping any mention of their voting AYE for Obamacare from their local campaigns, because any reminder of it just turns voters away from them.(They've seen the polls -- the majority of Americans want Obamacare repealed or nixed.) However, it's too late for them. The congressional voting record speaks for itself.
Oh believe me, I'm all over it. I consistently send the NumbersUSA faxes but I also call and send emails or submit comments through the State Rep's and Senator's websites.

I was pleased that Scott Brown opposed the military bill with that sneaky provision for illegals attached to it. John Kerry on the other hand is a complete hack. He's tripping over himself to follow in Ted Kennedy's footsteps. I wish he were up for re-election in November so we could vote him out. Democrats are running this state into the ground.

The fact that Obama's Aunt Zetiuni disclosed on TV that she's been collecting a disability check since 2004 proves that we are sorely lacking any effective measures to bar illegals from accessing taxpayer funded benefits.

In addition to the calls and letters, I'm also co-sponsor of a petition to block our Governor from rolling out his "New American's Agenda". It's a document containing 131 proposed entitlements many of which will provide a direct benefit to illegals (such as in state tuition, drivers licenses and subsidized dental care). To date, we have over 2500 signatures from Massachusetts residents.

Norfolk, NE

#21 Oct 7, 2010
LMFAO at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the race baiting troll.
"Said the race baiting troll??" Oh really. You think I'm a race-baiting troll?

Under the 1st Amendment, you are entitled to your own opinion, BUT if you don't have any factual proof AND if I were a public figure, I could sue you for slander and make a million dollars.

You're lucky I'm not a public figure, because you would be SOL.

But just to humor you, please give me the link that proves I'm a "race baiting troll." The inquiring minds would like to know...

P.S. If you can't provide a link OR EVEN respond to this email with some semblance of logic, then readers here can judge for themselves. Right?

Norfolk, NE

#22 Oct 7, 2010
Deece wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh believe me, I'm all over it. I consistently send the NumbersUSA faxes but I also call and send emails or submit comments through the State Rep's and Senator's websites.
I was pleased that Scott Brown opposed the military bill with that sneaky provision for illegals attached to it. John Kerry on the other hand is a complete hack. He's tripping over himself to follow in Ted Kennedy's footsteps. I wish he were up for re-election in November so we could vote him out. Democrats are running this state into the ground.
The fact that Obama's Aunt Zetiuni disclosed on TV that she's been collecting a disability check since 2004 proves that we are sorely lacking any effective measures to bar illegals from accessing taxpayer funded benefits.
In addition to the calls and letters, I'm also co-sponsor of a petition to block our Governor from rolling out his "New American's Agenda". It's a document containing 131 proposed entitlements many of which will provide a direct benefit to illegals (such as in state tuition, drivers licenses and subsidized dental care). To date, we have over 2500 signatures from Massachusetts residents.
Awesome and thank you for your activism!! Can you provide us a link to your petition so MA voters here can see it? How many more signatures do you need?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Missouri Kansas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Western Military Interventions Shaped the B... (Jun '16) Jun '16 E U IS DYING 1
News has brought in Susan Stanton (Feb '10) Jun '16 Gregorio49 6
News With $275,000 fee for Hillary Clinton, college ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Miss Id 1
News VIDEO: The West Isn't Out to Save Ukraine; It's... (Jun '15) Jun '15 HNC 3
News Sutton's welcomes Brandy Robertson (Sep '14) Nov '14 thoughts 7
News a Losta history of Panama Canal is now found in... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Whoa 1
News The Bonus: Three takeaways after Kansas' victor... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Yesh mehra 2
More from around the web