Ole Miss replaces Colonel Reb

Ole Miss replaces Colonel Reb

There are 3 comments on the Montgomery Advertiser story from Oct 14, 2010, titled Ole Miss replaces Colonel Reb. In it, Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

OXFORD, Miss. - Students at the University of Mississippi have picked the Rebel Black Bear as their new mascot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Montgomery Advertiser.

always a reb

United States

#1 Oct 14, 2010
i live in corinth.iam 40 and iam here to tell all u students there.if u dont take a strong stand and unite together and demand to keep the old man!!whats coming next is not gonna be the study of american history.its gonna be the study of afro history!!!!I SAY IF WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE OLD MAN LETS CHANGE IT TO ."OLD MISS POLAR BEARS" WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE BLACK BEARS?? u see where iam going?? its time for us to take a stand and unite!!ole miss ceo really lets me down!! the little old man hadnt hurt anybody in 100 years.i dont think hes gonna start now!!although i wish he could/would..thats the whole problem now!things would be much different!we are weak and sit back and give them all the power
Ms Friend

Jackson, MS

#2 Oct 15, 2010
I agree with you 100%. I think this is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. It was stupid to let it get to the point of changing it, but then to follow through with it??? Ole Ms will never be the same. Black Bear. Why not two tone bear? I can't believe blacks are not offended ONCE AGAIN...black///bear?? why not a white bear? if we want to get really stupid...I am sure blacks would have something to be offended on that one too....
The Colonel

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Maybe they could put a rope in the ole bear's hand. Maybe tie it in some kind of fancy knot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... 7 hr WelbyMD 86
News Missouri: Can hiring more black professors shif... Nov 22 Mite Be 5
News Ole Miss removes state flag that features Confe... Nov 17 Samuel-7g-Jackson 32
News Keenum: State flag will continue to fly at Miss... Nov 5 William Riley 1
News Protests at Ole Miss turn to shouting over Conf... Oct 31 Troubled 4
News Ole Miss student senators take on state flag Oct 31 The Stealth 3
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... Oct 29 L Morales 2
More from around the web