Ole Miss student faces deportation for revealing illegal status

Sep 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHNT-TV Huntsville

University of Mississippi student Patricia Pacheco is facing deportation because she is an illegal immigrant.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
NoAmnesty

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

If the immigration laws are so bad that they should not be enforced then the answer is to change the laws, not to ignore them. The fact of the matter is that the US is no longer a country that can take in everyone who wants to come here and still maintain a reasonable standard of living for those already here. Therefore, some people cannot stay here. The first to go should be those who are here illegally. Does that mean I have no sympathy for those here illegally. Not necessarily. It just means that the country cannot support everyone who wants to be here and in my book, the needs of American citizens trump those of those here illegally every time. Heartless? No. Practical? Yes.

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Drunken Masta wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I'm not against the law and fair is fair. <big snip>
It is good that you are asking questions. It means your mind is engaged and looking for the Truth. Many of us have been engaged in politics a long time. We know what is going on and who the players are. I don't know if you are, but if not, now is a good time to start because we have a historic elections coming up in November.

All I can speak for is myself. I AM A LEGAL IMMIGRANT. I had to go through all the tests, dollars, paperwork to get approved. Surprise -- I didn't even want to live here, but I had no choice (that's another Oprah). It was suppose to be a temporary thing, but after several years, I grew to love this country more than mine. So I applied for citizenship. As I said, I went thru all the hurdles of the application process to change my status. IT WAS HARD AND EXPENSIVE -- BUT THE PRIZE OF US CITIZENSHIP IS WORTH IT. I didn't question it nor did I complain.

So when I see people who snuck into the US or overstayed their visas, demanding that they should be given amnesty just because they are already here and refuse to go home, or because their illegal parents brought them here when they were 3 yrs old, it galls me. Like, excuse me? What makes them more special than legal immigrants who are playing by the rules and waiting for approval in their home countries, some for over 20 years?

Why should the USA give them amnesty for their parents' bad personal decisions? Is it fair for the USA to overhaul its whole Immigrations Code and sacrifice its national security -- debated and voted on by Congress -- just because their parents made a bad choice? Why is this even a Federal USA problem? The USA didn't force their parents to sneak in and bring them along. THEIR PARENTS made that choice. Let's get down to the real reality of it: Isn't this all about a bad personal choice made by their parents? And thus, shouldn't the negative consequences that arose from this bad choice be resolved by their parents, and not by a whole country? Don't their parents feel even a certain bit of responsibility and guilt for what they did to their children? Why don't these parents assume the responsibility of correcting their wrongs, by returning to their home countries with their children? Their fault; their problem.

You said: "Yes the law is the law, but I would dare to say that many of us will occasionaly buck the system and get away from time to time. We know we're not always in the right." Excuse me, but don't count me in with those people. I would rather do things legally OR NOT AT ALL. You may, but not me. And so with millions like me. If you cannot respect another country's laws, then you are not eligible to become a citizen of it. FYI, "good moral character" is one of the criteria to getting US citizenship. I don't see anyone having a "good moral character" if they think sneaking into another country is ok, even if they're starving. The law is the law. I would never break into your house and raid your fridge even if I was starving. And you would have every legal right to prosecute me too.

[please see continuation]

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

[continuatin to Drunken Masta]

Lastly, we are not saying they're not human. Don't underestimate us, please. We DO understand their plight. But the USA has to draw the line somewhere, otherwise 2 billion poor people from all over the world would be here. Can we sustain that today? I THINK NOT. The USA has already done more than any other country in the world via our Foreign Aid program -- FREE MONEY (not a loan!) to 3rd-world countries -- to help them develop their economy, infrastructure, and educational systems, so their citizens can sustain themselves in their own countries.(FYI, Mexico receives $25M every year from us via our Foreign Aid program -- for decades now! Mexico is now asking us to up it to $40M a year. HUH? Why?? Why are they asking us this?) Guess where the federal govt gets the money to give it out for free to 3rd world countries? YUP, FROM YOU, MR. TAXPAYER. Happy now? When American citizens are being kicked out of their houses onto the streets – with their children!!– we are graciously giving away FREE MONEY to non-Americans. Aren’t Americans human too?

So where is all the money going?? Have we seen any improvement in these impoverished countries from our largesse? NO. So where is our money going? Yup, to the pockets of corrupt leaders.

So don't lecture us about not seeing these people as humans. We do. And our Foreign Aid program is proof of that. Instead, go lecture the corrupt leaders of these 3rd-world countries, because they are the ones who don’t see their own citizens as human – even giving them maps on the best routes to sneak into “El Norte” and comic books on what to say when ICE comes knocking at your door. GIMME A BREAK.

If this is all news to you, then welcome to the club of the informed. You will read things here in Topix that the mainstream media (left-wing biased) will never report. Heck, you can even go to the govt’s website and see the actual numbers. I did. And I puked, became enraged, and then became active. It’s all up to you, of course. Keep asking questions. It may lead you to the Truth.
beth

Vinemont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

We are having a hard time getting rid of the illegals because there is a hidden agenda and has been for a long time. I think that this just came out the last 12 months and it is that one third of the illegals if given amnesty could help Obama bypass the vote system and he could stay in like chevez, permanently.

The other thing is that WalMart has to be giving Obama and the democrat congress millions to keep them here because they spend millions on the cheap clothing, towels, cook ware from China. In addition China has to be giving millions under the table to Obama and congress to keep them here so that they will buy their cheap products. Many Wal Marts would fold if it were not for the illegals.

Have you ever thought how nice it would be if there were no illegals or anchor babies going all the way back to 1950. How nice it would be if all the Muslims, Asians, Indians from India, people form Haiti and Cuba were not here. The Black and White Americans have children and their children's children have children for decades so there is just no room for them and they all have their own country's agenda in mind not Americas. They are using us up. There just needs to be whites that consist of English, Scotish, Irish, Dutch Italian, German etc., and the blacks and of course the Native American Indians whose home this was to begin with. Our country had no right to let in the illegals, muslims, Indians, Haiti and Cuba. These people are using us up and the whites and blacks are slaves to them.
roflay

Vinemont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

Drunken Masta wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I'm not against the law and fair is fair. I'm not saying that I'm pro-illegal immigration as much as I'm just replying to the hostility in the room. I see the argument and I cannot disagree with you. If my argument sounds off or pointless, all I'm trying to do is address the anger in the room. If she has to go back in order to re-apply for a visa or something, then so be it. It is a catch 22 in my opinion. On the one hand yes, people should not be in this counrty illegally, but on the other hand, many of us would be doing the same thing if it were us in those situations. I just can't stand hypocrites. And I myself being raised in a culture of underdogs, I really can't blame a man for trying to support a family, or someone trying to improve their life. Yes the law is the law, but I would dare to say that many of us will occasionaly buck the system and get away from time to time. We know we're not always in the right. But we're quick to condemn the guilty parties as long as they aren't us. That's all I'm saying. I'm not disagreeing with the law, I'm addressing the anger and hypocrisy. But given your screen name, this may fall on deaf ears, as it seems like I'm the only one in here looking at these people as humans in a situation.
You're the hypocrite here. On the one hand you say you oppose illegal immigration, then call us hostile because we do too. How many times have the posters said the exact same thing you did, let them come here legally, but you still post that we're hostile and treating the illegals as less than humans. That's what you, the illegals and their supporters are doing to all legal citizens. And what "underdog" culture were you raised in? Is it a culture that values illegals over legal citizens like you do? I'm all for the underdog, since in my eyes the underdogs are legal citizens trying to make a living too. You say you can't blame a man for wanting to make a living? It sure seems like you do, since you don't seem to think legal citizens should make a living if that means depriving an illegal of that job. You want our tax dollars for the illegals, but we're not supposed to have a say in it. Do you understand frustration? It leads to anger. People are just frustrated, fed up, and angry. And rightfully so.
Enlightenment Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

roflay wrote:
<quoted text> Do you understand frustration? It leads to anger. People are just frustrated, fed up, and angry. And rightfully so.
I don't understand. Will you enlighten me?
ALA

Florence, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

How's the US going deport 10 million+ illegal aliens? Not gonna happen.
roflay

Vinemont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

ALA wrote:
How's the US going deport 10 million+ illegal aliens? Not gonna happen.
Fine and arrest owners of businesses that use them, stop giving the anchor babies citizenship. No jobs and no government freebies and they'll leave on their own, the ones that don't can be deported.
true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

sieze there property and send them home giving back all they can to WE THE PEOPLE

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
[continuatin to Drunken Masta]
Lastly, we are not saying they're not human. Don't underestimate us, please. We DO understand their plight. But the USA has to draw the line somewhere, otherwise 2 billion poor people from all over the world would be here. Can we sustain that today? I THINK NOT. The USA has already done more than any other country in the world via our Foreign Aid program -- FREE MONEY (not a loan!) to 3rd-world countries -- to help them develop their economy, infrastructure, and educational systems, so their citizens can sustain themselves in their own countries.(FYI, Mexico receives $25M every year from us via our Foreign Aid program -- for decades now! Mexico is now asking us to up it to $40M a year. HUH? Why?? Why are they asking us this?) Guess where the federal govt gets the money to give it out for free to 3rd world countries? YUP, FROM YOU, MR. TAXPAYER. Happy now? When American citizens are being kicked out of their houses onto the streets – with their children!!– we are graciously giving away FREE MONEY to non-Americans. Aren’t Americans human too?
So where is all the money going?? Have we seen any improvement in these impoverished countries from our largesse? NO. So where is our money going? Yup, to the pockets of corrupt leaders.
So don't lecture us about not seeing these people as humans. We do. And our Foreign Aid program is proof of that. Instead, go lecture the corrupt leaders of these 3rd-world countries, because they are the ones who don’t see their own citizens as human – even giving them maps on the best routes to sneak into “El Norte” and comic books on what to say when ICE comes knocking at your door. GIMME A BREAK.
If this is all news to you, then welcome to the club of the informed. You will read things here in Topix that the mainstream media (left-wing biased) will never report. Heck, you can even go to the govt’s website and see the actual numbers. I did. And I puked, became enraged, and then became active. It’s all up to you, of course. Keep asking questions. It may lead you to the Truth.
Before I gracefully bow out, conceding an "L" on this category, I will admit that this is a topic that I have not found a solid opinion on. Just out of curiousity, what is the solution? Can we realistically kick the ones that are here out? Go ahead an grant amnesty to the ones that are here and seal the border? Okay we have the problem, but what is the solution? It seems you are more knnowledgeable about this than I am perhaps. Like I said, and maybe this does not apply to you, and my posts are somewhat carryovers from other threads, but I do feel an undercurrent of misplaced anger. Like you mentioned, if we are going to put blame on someone, we should start with the people in power. Not the victims of a messed up system, over there and here. I'm just tired of this "lynch mob" mentality that is so prevalent on Topix, this "get em all" attitude on everything. And I being hypocritical on this one? Maybe. If I am I can admit it. It's just looking at it as a US citizen but someone who understands struggle. And like I said, this is not a personal attack on you, just the overall attitude.
bjoe427

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

the sad truth is,if we cracked down hard on this illegal immigration,it does not matter.look her mother brought her here,its her mothers fault,if there illegal there illegal,send her home let her get a visa to come back.and if its in our best interests give her citizenship,but her mother and the rest should all go to prison then deported.why should we subsidise her education why?

its bad enough we probably payed for everything else the have one way or another.
Mao Una

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

THINK About the TERMS the Gay-Retard Closet-WASP-Racists Block.
Mao Una

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Make MySacred Brothers/Sister Legal-Resident...EASY.
NoAmnesty

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Drunken Masta wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I gracefully bow out, conceding an "L" on this category, I will admit that this is a topic that I have not found a solid opinion on. Just out of curiousity, what is the solution? Can we realistically kick the ones that are here out? Go ahead an grant amnesty to the ones that are here and seal the border? Okay we have the problem, but what is the solution? It seems you are more knnowledgeable about this than I am perhaps. Like I said, and maybe this does not apply to you, and my posts are somewhat carryovers from other threads, but I do feel an undercurrent of misplaced anger. Like you mentioned, if we are going to put blame on someone, we should start with the people in power. Not the victims of a messed up system, over there and here. I'm just tired of this "lynch mob" mentality that is so prevalent on Topix, this "get em all" attitude on everything. And I being hypocritical on this one? Maybe. If I am I can admit it. It's just looking at it as a US citizen but someone who understands struggle. And like I said, this is not a personal attack on you, just the overall attitude.
"Go ahead an grant amnesty to the ones that are here and seal the border?"

Absolutely not! In 1986 we granted amnesty and were supposed to seal the border so we would not have this issue again. It didn't happen and now look at the mess we have! Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Seal the border first. Then MAYBE we can DISCUSS an amnesty. It is not a matter of whose "fault" it is. The fact is that the US cannot continue to allow anyone who wants to come here to "better themselves" or to steal us blind without severely impacting the standard of living for those already here legally. The motives of illegals and whose fault it is are moot points. We simply cannot continue to absorb all of these people and maintain our standard of living. I, for one, do not hate them. I just feel that the welfare of Americans trumps that of illegals every time. If someone doesn't believe that, then perhaps they need to find another country to park their sorry butts.

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

NoAmnesty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Go ahead an grant amnesty to the ones that are here and seal the border?"
Absolutely not! In 1986 we granted amnesty and were supposed to seal the border so we would not have this issue again. It didn't happen and now look at the mess we have! Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Seal the border first. Then MAYBE we can DISCUSS an amnesty. It is not a matter of whose "fault" it is. The fact is that the US cannot continue to allow anyone who wants to come here to "better themselves" or to steal us blind without severely impacting the standard of living for those already here legally. The motives of illegals and whose fault it is are moot points. We simply cannot continue to absorb all of these people and maintain our standard of living. I, for one, do not hate them. I just feel that the welfare of Americans trumps that of illegals every time. If someone doesn't believe that, then perhaps they need to find another country to park their sorry butts.
I understand where you are coming from 100%. Nothing major to add to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••