University of Mississippi Commemorates Integration

Oct 1, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.nytimes.com

There still may be a few bullet holes in the stately white columns of the Lyceum, the Greek Revival building here that symbolizes the University of Mississippi , but most were unintentionally plastered over during a renovation years ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Now,many black leades are calling for segregation,especially in our academic institutions. Can't they ever make up their minds? We;ve dumbed down our public edusation to accomodate them,and they still can't hack it,so they make up their own diploma mills,I mean colleges.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Good.

Those nasty Dem and KKK members including Ross Barnett and fellow travelers like Al Gore Sr.and Robert Byrd were delt a setback in their fight to keep the blackman down.

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Lonewolf wrote:
Now,many black leades are calling for segregation,especially in our academic institutions. Can't they ever make up their minds? We;ve dumbed down our public edusation to accomodate them,and they still can't hack it,so they make up their own diploma mills,I mean colleges.
Based upon your grammatical errors & diatribe... yes, you've been dumbed down pretty good.

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

xnutmegger wrote:
Good.
Those nasty Dem and KKK members including Ross Barnett and fellow travelers like Al Gore Sr.and Robert Byrd were delt a setback in their fight to keep the blackman down.
KKK has been part of the Republican party for quite some time.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
KKK has been part of the Republican party for quite some time.
In the 1950-60s the KKK was dominated by Dems .

True in the 1930s but not 30 years later. The GOP KKK'ers were mainly in Indiana not the Solid South in the 1930s.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Lonewolf wrote:
Screw you and any friends or aquaintances.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

xnutmegger wrote:
Good.
Same old horseshit, huh? Look around you. All the Dixiecrats fled to the Republican party, which they now infest.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Same old horseshit, huh? Look around you. All the Dixiecrats fled to the Republican party, which they now infest.
Try again...too much Dem propaganda .

The Dixiecrats died off as Dems except for Storm Thurmond so try again. You'll notice they were Dixie---CRATS not Dixie---CANS.

They aren't around me most of the GOPers around me are Westerners or Mid-Westerners.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1950-60s the KKK was dominated by Dems .
True in the 1930s but not 30 years later. The GOP KKK'ers were mainly in Indiana not the Solid South in the 1930s.
No, by Southern Baptists.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by Southern Baptists.
Try again..

What history have you studied ?

In the 1930s a gov'r of Ind. was KKK. He got caught with young girl and he and the KKK faded away in Indiana.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again...too much Dem propaganda .
The Dixiecrats died off as Dems except for Storm Thurmond so try again. You'll notice they were Dixie---CRATS not Dixie---CANS.
They aren't around me most of the GOPers around me are Westerners or Mid-Westerners.
You really think you can hide the fact that most of the racism today comes from the right? Lotsa luck with that.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You really think you can hide the fact that most of the racism today comes from the right? Lotsa luck with that.
I see just as much on the LEFT .

If you think Latinos and blacks sit around and sing Kumbaya your in Outer Space.

As a matter of fact I rarely see a Latino married or with a black in the West but I see whites with both and many Anglo-Latino marriages.

All of the school gang fights are Mex vs. black out here.
They just had a big one in Lancaster Ca. last week.

So save your spin and propaganda for your 18 YO sheeple.

Mexicans have killed more Native Americans by the thousands over Anglo-Native American conflicts in the S.W.

I saw plenty of of racism growing up in New England. Why don't you check on what happened about 1972-3 regarding bussing in Boston.

But yes , I also saw racism in the South but you LEFTIES get a little to snugg about it a little to often.Check on the bussing riots in Boston. If you think those Irish neighborhoods were thrilled about intergation you're totally naive.

Save your RACE BAITING for somebody else and shove it up your arse.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

George Wallace won the democrat vote in Mississippi when he ran for president. There is no entity more prejudiced than a democrat.
Gubmint news doesn't want you to know that.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon your grammatical errors & diatribe... yes, you've been dumbed down pretty good.
I'm not so worried about grammar,I got my point across,unless you're too ignorant to figure it out.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Racism abounds on both sides of the aisle. It is ridiculous to think there is more on one side than the other.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
Racism abounds on both sides of the aisle. It is ridiculous to think there is more on one side than the other.
LOL,I don't think so Teddy. Being seen as "equally racist" is about all the right can hope for because they are known for their racism.

There is no comparison between Democrats and Republicans when it comes to racism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,I don't think so Teddy. Being seen as "equally racist" is about all the right can hope for because they are known for their racism.
There is no comparison between Democrats and Republicans when it comes to racism.
I disagree, X. I tell you, it exists on both sides, but I also see this country becoming more tolerant, more liberal, and more diverse, bringing some of us closer to what our founding father's actually had in mind, liberty and justice for all. That my friend is what is scaring folks on both sides of the aisle as well. It may put some people out of business...Sharpton and Jackson come to mind.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, X. I tell you, it exists on both sides, but I also see this country becoming more tolerant, more liberal, and more diverse, bringing some of us closer to what our founding father's actually had in mind, liberty and justice for all. That my friend is what is scaring folks on both sides of the aisle as well. It may put some people out of business...Sharpton and Jackson come to mind.
Teddy, please, of course there is racism on both sides but for every one person you can call a racist on the Democrat side there is a hundred Republicans. Look at the conventions of both parties. I didn't see one minority in the crowd at the Republican convention.

Republicans always bring up people like Sharpton and Jackson as if it changes the reality of how much racism there is in the Republican party as a whole.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

This was and still is a powerful quote!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy, please, of course there is racism on both sides but for every one person you can call a racist on the Democrat side there is a hundred Republicans. Look at the conventions of both parties. I didn't see one minority in the crowd at the Republican convention.
Republicans always bring up people like Sharpton and Jackson as if it changes the reality of how much racism there is in the Republican party as a whole.
Well, as I see it, there was a case of clearly selective media coverage which attempted to show only older white folks at the convention. Did MSNBC cover
Artur Davis' speech? People missed out on why he supported Obama and no longer does. The media only let us see what they wanted us to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••