Buzz and bullets: Gun fans cheer Starbucks' policy

There are 5 comments on the Miami Herald story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Buzz and bullets: Gun fans cheer Starbucks' policy. In it, Miami Herald reports that:

Dale Welch recently walked into a Starbucks in Virginia, handgun strapped to his waist, and ordered a banana Frappuccino with a cinnamon bun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Miami Herald.

Bruce V

Gadsden, AL

#1 Feb 28, 2010
From the article ""People go to Starbucks for an escape, just so they can get peace," Fascitelli said. "But people walk in with open-carry guns and it destroys the tranquility." "

How so? I wish Mr. Fascitelli would have enlightened us on how this occurs.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#2 Feb 28, 2010
From the article "Gun control advocates have been on the defensive. Their opponents have trumpeted fears that gun rights would erode under a Democrat-led White House and Congress, but President Barack Obama and his top allies have largely been silent on issues such as reviving an assault weapons ban or strengthening background checks at gun shows."

Just love the blindness of the "Liberal" media...lol

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.
"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story...

Just a "a few gun-related changes"...simple answer.."NO"!!

On Obama's agenda is repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment which protects gun owners privacy. It restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access gun trace information. They also want to make the expired Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008, which amends the federal criminal code to reinstate, for 10 years, the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act's assault weapons ban to prohibit the manufacture, transfer, or possession of a semiautomatic assault weapon or a large capacity ammunition feeding device, permanent.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2547-Watchdog-Polit...

So tell me again Obama doesn't want more gun-control...

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 28, 2010
Ya-know, I have been very pleased that Starbucks has shown itself to be pro freedom irrespective of any possible pecuniary interests.
My concern is, a lot of firearms enthusiasts are kinda macho, or we'd like to think we are.

How are we gonna keep this image when we are all getting together Kumbaya style sucking foam off of a fruity coffee drink?
Next we'll be eating quiche and swapping recipes!

Funny how times have changed.......lol

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#4 Feb 28, 2010
"If you want to dress up and go out and make a little political theater by frightening children in the local Starbucks, if that's what you want to spend your energy on, go right ahead," said Peter Hamm, a spokesman for the Brady campaign. "But going out and wearing a gun on your belt to show the world you're allowed to is a little juvenile."

Nobody is frightening children except reactionary fools like Peter Hamm. I doubt he or anyone else can say that they saw anyone brandishing or acting foolishly while carrying at Starbucks.

Peter Hamm must be afraid of his own shadow if he feels threatened whenever he sees a gun.

I'll have an Iced Quad Venti Caramel machiado.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

#5 Feb 28, 2010
I am more bothered by loud cell phone talkers and WiFi users who hog the tiny tables for hours. People carrying firearms are less bothersome than people carrying purses or briefcases. They keep their weapon on them and do not lay them around taking up limited space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IHL affirms Jones decision, backlash grows May 6 Oxford Party Time 28
News Whitwell believes he has path to victory May 2 force the unlearned 1
News IHL looks within for new commissioner Apr '15 Patterson Legacy ... 4
News Man charged in noose left on integration statue... Apr '15 High School Student 3
News Flooding in Louisville closes roads, prompts wa... Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
News Dan Jones out as Ole Miss chancellor when contr... Mar '15 Money changers 29
News City to change east Tupelo voting precinct Mar '15 lts_Me 2
More from around the web