John McCain seeks to postpone debate

John McCain seeks to postpone debate

There are 2 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 24, 2008, titled John McCain seeks to postpone debate. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Two days before a widely anticipated presidential debate, John McCain said Wednesday he would skip the session and stay in Washington to work on the nation's financial crisis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

KBR

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 25, 2008
If McCain were a true leader he would not be snubbing $5M dollars it took for Oxford to prepare for this debate. He is rubbing his nose at them and the rest of the country. As my Aunt says, I'm sure McCain can spare a couple of days...there are enough smart people in Washington who are handling the economy issue without him.
athy wrote:
Sen McCain is a true leader. Sen Obama is a professional 'CANDIDATE'.
Sen McCain is ready to lead from day 1 whereas Sen Obama needs on the job training which is why he wants to stay back in Florida to 'PREPARE' for debates.
Here are just highlights from my list of reasons why I am not voting for Sen Obama...
http://www.barackbook.com/
Obama facebook
We dont want ANY of these people getting anywhere near Washington DC, our Constitution, or our Bill of Rights.
These are all close associates of Sen Obama.
Sen Obama owes many people many favors...what are they expecting as repayment?
Watch this chilling video.
Dear Mr. Obama: Who Are You?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =16aBNduAyQ4XX
This video is based 100 % on easily verifiable facts.
Sen Obama's ACTUAL Legislative Accomplishments
http://www.beyondchron.org/articles/The_Obama...
KBR

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 25, 2008
If McCain were a true leader, he would be in Oxford at the debate. I'm sure he can spare a day away from Washington, after all he hasn't been back to Washington in a long while and doesn't know enough about what's going on in the economy to make a major contribution. There are plenty of smart people in Washington who are already working hard on the economy issues. They really don't need a person who has not been involved to suddenly parachute in as if he were saving us...he's not. McCain needs to be in Oxford...where they have spent over $5M getting everthing ready. He will disappoint a lot of people by not showing up....and probably lose votes to boot. I hate to say this, but his suspending the debate is very manipulative and suspicious, especially to my republican-voting relatives who have called him "ignorant" for making this decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comments Jul 21 Think 1
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Samuel-7g-Jackson 208
News The Day We Lost RFK: Will His Son Elevate Pover... Jun '17 No doubt 1
News a Ia ve got nothing to hidea : Fox Newsa Shepar... May '17 Theocraencyclical 3
News Tupelo man rebuilt his life after opioid abuse May '17 Ethics 1
News Serial entrepreneur' Ed Meek keeps on pioneering Apr '17 Daily Journal Owner 2
News Our Opinion: Strategies for attracting top teac... Apr '17 False Advertising 14
More from around the web