Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' to...

Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' to be Addressed in Town Hall Forum, Workshop

There are 3 comments on the gay_blog.blogspot.com story from Sep 19, 2008, titled Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' to be Addressed in Town Hall Forum, Workshop. In it, gay_blog.blogspot.com reports that:

Recently, the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN) announced that Executive Director Aubrey Sarvis and Retired Rear Admiral James ("Jamie") Barnett will be speakers at the Sept. 24 Town Hall Forum and the Sept. 25 workshop at The University of Mississippi in advance of the first Presidential Debate of the 2008 Election.

"I look forward to the upcoming forum and workshop as an opportunity to educate the public about the failure of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' and ensure that this important issue remains part of the national debate in this year's election," Sarvis said. "Voters need to understand how this ban has undermined our military's readiness in a time of war. More than 12,500 well-qualified service members have been fired under this bad law while our military is already stretched too thin and the need for an effective fighting force grows greater by the day."

The Town Hall Forum, which will take place in the Paris Yates Chapel at 7 p.m. Sept. 24, will feature lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) leaders from around the country addressing issues impacting the LGBT community in relation to the 2008 election. The event will be hosted by The University of Mississippi's Gay Straight Alliance.

Full story.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gay_blog.blogspot.com.

MandM

Burlington, MA

#1 Sep 19, 2008
No, no, no! Let's get it straight. We aren't stretched thin because of the, "Don't Ask , Don't Tell" policy, we are stretched thin because our govt drastically cut our forces because we were no longer facing a cold war mentality. Has nothing to do with homosexuals in the military. I was around when they started drastically cutting our troops. They called it "force-shaping"! I've spoken to a Vietnam vet and he said that they were doing the same thing in Vietnam. He said that it is no different now then what they were doing back then. So please spare me the lie that you try to feed to mask your own political & social agenda! I'm not buying it!
Timm Romine

United States

#2 Sep 20, 2008
MandM wrote:
No, no, no! Let's get it straight. We aren't stretched thin because of the, "Don't Ask , Don't Tell" policy, we are stretched thin because our govt drastically cut our forces because we were no longer facing a cold war mentality. Has nothing to do with homosexuals in the military. I was around when they started drastically cutting our troops. They called it "force-shaping"! I've spoken to a Vietnam vet and he said that they were doing the same thing in Vietnam. He said that it is no different now then what they were doing back then. So please spare me the lie that you try to feed to mask your own political & social agenda! I'm not buying it!
Well, you're missing something, whether it be due to bigotedness or ignorance.

The whole point of DADT is to get rid of homosexual soldiers if they are open about it. I guarantee not all return/stay in denial. That's like a black person bleaching their skin. And bigots in the military will take any prance possible to get rid of those faggots unworthy of serving a country. Wouldn't they.(That's not a question...)

Here's a Times article for some info: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...

Between 1986 and 1990 (in case you never get to the article), the Pentagon dismissed 6000 soldiers. "Wait! What? Oh, they were gay soldiers, otherwise known as unfit for serving. Ok then." And then only about 700 less were dismissed from 1990 to 2000.

Now, what might be 5951 + 5327? Oh, something like = 11278. Hm, how so coincidentally near to "12,500"! And then, there's a good chance that Pentagon dismissed about 4096 soldiers since 2000. It seems this data isn't known to the public, and so articles like this one above don't include it. Add 4100, and you get something like, oh, 15300 soldiers. If you don't believe me do the math yourself. And no using the wrong functions to get the answers you want.

The Times are not giving false information. I wouldn't be surprised if your vet friend is as naïve as you, and that would make sense to why you'd agree. Yes, the military were and are force-shaping. They just have a vendetta for gay soldiers and thus even more force-shape them.

And, really, you're hiding this behind *your* political and social agenda? Why the hell would the military be force-shaping when it needs more members. Nothing like a good contradiction. And if you were saying that the military are only thin because of past force-shaping, that's still senseless — for they wouldn't be *further* getting rid of gay troops. Duh. What's your agenda? The 'hate everyone different from me' one or something?

PS: When the world's strongest, best trained, most advanced military can't work among homosexual humans, it shows its pathetic weakness. I only support those 60-70% reported in the Times article. The rest are mentally hundreds of levels beneath their physical strength — they are nothing but power over mind, and look where that gets the high school bullies.

“religion is corrupt-able”

Since: Jul 07

Bloomington, IN

#3 Sep 20, 2008
MandM wrote:
while you certainly do have a point... it is due to "force shaping"... "dadt" does have a negative impact on the density of our military.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tupelo man rebuilt his life after opioid abuse Dec '16 Newsless 4
News Tupelo man rebuilt his life after opioid abuse Dec '16 Top or Bottom 6
News Accent Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Now Off... Nov '16 Dennis Rod Man 2
News Ole Miss removes Mississippi flag with Confeder... (Oct '15) Oct '16 National Review 194
News Ole Miss removes state flag that features Confe... (Oct '15) Sep '16 Stupid Americans 86
News Our Opinion: College course offerings make sens... Sep '16 Real brains 8
News NMMC Women's Hospital hosts baby fair for expec... Aug '16 Three Little Pigs 5
More from around the web