Colonel Reb Is Dead: Ole Miss Students Vote To Replace Mississippi Mascot

May 19, 2010 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 344

University of Mississippi students voted Tuesday for the school to pursue a new mascot to replace Colonel Reb, the goateed Southern gent banished from the sidelines nearly seven years ago as the school continued its move away from symbols of the Old South.

Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#356 Dec 9, 2010
Realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so that let's you know that I'm not lazy and I earned mines. Affirmative action had nothing to do with what I achieved. Considering that I was a Dean's scholar and Presidential scholar a few semesters and I found it weird that I actually did my best when I had the Overload and was taking 21 hours in a single semester.
And I have considered serving my country, because my dad was in the Air Force. But he always told me that it would be best to get a degree first so that I could start out as an officer. He's dead now, so I don't really wanna talk about him.
Your dad is right.
ThomasA

Springville, AL

#357 Dec 10, 2010
Realistic wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so that let's you know that I'm not lazy and I earned mines. Affirmative action had nothing to do with what I achieved. Considering that I was a Dean's scholar and Presidential scholar a few semesters and I found it weird that I actually did my best when I had the Overload and was taking 21 hours in a single semester.
And I have considered serving my country, because my dad was in the Air Force. But he always told me that it would be best to get a degree first so that I could start out as an officer. He's dead now, so I don't really wanna talk about him.
Yes, his advice was correct. Not only will you start out ahead of the game ,you will get a good dose of the real world and mellow out a bit. Good luck!

Since: Mar 10

Cordova, TN

#359 Jul 9, 2011
fact wrote:
well, guest from goddam Brandon MISSISSIPPI, having a popluace of 37% BLACK in ONE STATE is well above the national average, and above most southern states' average you big dummie !
and I doubt your own 'attitude' has ot 'changed' or evolved in the first goddam place ! why? because you are obviously a racist my friend
again obviously a RACIST...soooooo you don't HAVE any credibility in 2010
get used to it you stupid stupid fella ! you're just another out-dated, angry white redneck, BUT you are entitled to 'spout off' your garbage !
only in America ! thank god, and thank Jesus, who by the way was a non-white JEW, you fukkin idiot
Damn shek...sure are taking this personal. Time to up the meds.
sell outs

United States

#361 Jul 10, 2011
It doesnt suprise me they are a bunch of sell outs! They dont have a back bone! Sooooo afraid of offending some one ! They should be ashamed sell outs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ole Miss frat suspended, noose suspects kicked out (Feb '14) Aug 26 swedenforever 15
the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal (Tupelo... Aug '14 Media 2
Feds test how stoned is too stoned to drive Jul '14 T Turner 1
Black Woman Calls Out White Gay Drag Queens Jul '14 Homostats 2
Protests Set for Miss. Law That's Seen as Anti-Gay May '14 The Rogue 12
The Lists: Food deserts in Mississippi May '14 Hillary Shaw 1
Multiple factors influence teacher salary (Mar '14) Mar '14 Crime 1
•••

University of Mississippi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••