Bike thefts in Mpls. increase with nice weather

Mar 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KARE-TV Minneapolis

In late March of 2011, authorities in Minneapolis had just eight reports of bicycles stolen.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
digger

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I'm not a bit surprised. I expect carjackings to increase exponentially as well this summer. It the "obama way" of getting things DONE.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You shouldn't be surprised. Let's see....warmer weather, more bikes out and about...more bike thefts....

It's Obama's fault! We are used to this level of logic from you...it's OK.(we laughstill, but we quit pointing while we do it....)
Wade Gustafson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 29, 2012
 
Crimminals are much like COPs. Both groups come out more when the weather warms up.

My dad always said be extra carefull in spring when the weather warms up because the COPs write all kinds of tickets, even thou roads are much more hazardous in winter. Just to cold to get out of their cars and write tickets.

Y'all be carefull out there, it's a war zone. If crooks don't get ya the COPs will.

Since: Aug 10

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
You shouldn't be surprised. Let's see....warmer weather, more bikes out and about...more bike thefts....
It's Obama's fault! We are used to this level of logic from you...it's OK.(we laughstill, but we quit pointing while we do it....)
Got anything left in your bottle.. he said Summer.

"I expect carjackings to increase exponentially as well this summer"

Just the mention of anything negative about Obama sends you into tingle up my leg Chris Matthews territory.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything left in your bottle.. he said Summer.
"I expect carjackings to increase exponentially as well this summer"
Just the mention of anything negative about Obama sends you into tingle up my leg Chris Matthews territory.
It is no surprise that you cannot make the connection to his statement and the topic posted.

Here's a hint for the mentally challenged like I hate American so It ain't Mine Anymore.... it was the warmer weather blamed for the increased bike thefts. Try to keep up.(you will fail, but you should try....)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything left in your bottle.. he said Summer.
"I expect carjackings to increase exponentially as well this summer"
Just the mention of anything negative about Obama sends you into tingle up my leg Chris Matthews territory.
Who is Chris Mathews? What does S/he have to do with this subject?
digger

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 29, 2012
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Chris Mathews? What does S/he have to do with this subject?
What I can't believe is that chris matthews is still on the air, ro even get a paycheck for the elementary BS that he puts out everyday. Unbelievebable....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
What I can't believe is that chris matthews is still on the air, ro even get a paycheck for the elementary BS that he puts out everyday. Unbelievebable....
And who is he and what does he have to do with the obvious fact that more bicycles are available for theft in warmer weather?
Seattle Slew

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 29, 2012
 
How come the theft only increases in the dfl cesspools when the weather warms up?
digger

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 29, 2012
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>And who is he and what does he have to do with the obvious fact that more bicycles are available for theft in warmer weather?
EVERYTHING. What, you can't add 2 + 2?? Really???

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYTHING. What, you can't add 2 + 2?? Really???
Since I obviously don't know who Chris Mathews is, how could I make the connection you seem unwilling to explain?

why are you unwilling to explain it? Does it not make sense like your first post and thus is just as embarrassing?
digger

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 29, 2012
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Chris Mathews? What does S/he have to do with this subject?
I can't think of a single moment that chris "the thrill up my leg" matthews, has either inspired me, enlightened me, or educated me.

Can ANYBODY tell me why chris matthews is so "important"? Seriously? How does this "person" get on worldwide tv so easily?
digger

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 29, 2012
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Chris Mathews? What does S/he have to do with this subject?
Absolutely NOTHING. In FACT, he has absolutely NOTHING to do with ANYTHING anymore. Yes, he is that useless.
Seattle Slew

Fayetteville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 30, 2012
 
Errr! " i like to ride my bike " Errr!
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 30, 2012
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Chris Mathews? What does S/he have to do with this subject?
I didn't know Chris Wathews was a he/she, but that is obviously something you would know. Fudgepacker!
Capt Crunch

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>It is no surprise that you cannot make the connection to his statement and the topic posted.
Here's a hint for the mentally challenged like I hate American so It ain't Mine Anymore.... it was the warmer weather blamed for the increased bike thefts. Try to keep up.(you will fail, but you should try....)
ALERT! ALERT! Warmer weather accused of stealing bikes! Anyone not aware of this is not keeping up.

The above post is a true measurement of the intellectual capacity of the friends of Slime, who uses a Seattle IP, falsly of course.
It indicates that this global warming is more evil than at first thought.
tmack

Glenview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

On a related note, as temperatures rise crime is expected to increase in North Minneapolis as well. Go figure...
Seattle Slew

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 30, 2012
 
Why does crime only rise in DFL cesspools when it warms up?
Capt Crunch

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 30, 2012
 
tmack wrote:
On a related note, as temperatures rise crime is expected to increase in North Minneapolis as well. Go figure...
It's warm weather,fool! Warm weather will soon be riding around in cars, shooting out of the windows, mowing down the little kids playing in the street. It's revenge for killing Travan, or whatever his name is, down in Mississippi
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 30, 2012
 
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's warm weather,fool! Warm weather will soon be riding around in cars, shooting out of the windows, mowing down the little kids playing in the street. It's revenge for killing Travan, or whatever his name is, down in Mississippi
I think his name was Hoodie Mohamed Skittles.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Minnesota Discussions

Search the University of Minnesota Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
App will help blind users navigate Minneapolis Jul 15 Leroy The Babtist 5
Loopy licensing: Why it can be quicker to becom... Jun 29 Laws 1
The Gateway: Bridge art connects downtown to no... Jun 26 Nancy Disgrace 1
Guantanamo's Past, Present, Future Examined in ... Jun 26 Orlando Zapata Tamayo 1
If Wife Earns More, Husband's Sexual Performanc... (Feb '13) Jun 24 Sampson 10
Clinton Delivers Civil Rights Speech In Minneap... Jun 23 Sure Billy 14
Minneapolis: Mississippi bluff slides, closing ... Jun '14 Lisa Left Eye Lopes 1
•••
•••