Vikings stadium: Metrodome site or bust

Vikings stadium: Metrodome site or bust

There are 19 comments on the ESPN story from Jan 24, 2012, titled Vikings stadium: Metrodome site or bust. In it, ESPN reports that:

As the 2012 session of the Minnesota state legislature convenes Tuesday, Minnesota Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

nuff said

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Jan 24, 2012
Bust I guess.
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 24, 2012
I vote Busts.
LMAOROTF

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jan 24, 2012
I'm stupid.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 24, 2012
Boy, this comes as a complete surprise! Dayton and the DFL/Minneapolis Mafia let by the gangster RT Rybak, have basically hijacked the stadium issue. With their partners at the RED STAR, they have managed to stick it to St Paul, again. Don't you poor people in St Paul/Ramsey county ever get tired of getting screwed by the very people you elect every year??
just like pohlad

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 24, 2012
we got stuck with the walmart stadium for the loser twins, and now it will be forced downtown again.

*** welcome to
TCF stadium for 2 yrs.
Niether of the Above wrote:
Boy, this comes as a complete surprise! Dayton and the DFL/Minneapolis Mafia let by the gangster RT Rybak, have basically hijacked the stadium issue. With their partners at the RED STAR, they have managed to stick it to St Paul, again. Don't you poor people in St Paul/Ramsey county ever get tired of getting screwed by the very people you elect every year??
Zygi Wilf

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#7 Jan 24, 2012
Give me your money.
Give me your money.
Give me your money.

JTY

Since: Sep 08

Olathe, KS

#8 Jan 24, 2012
Looks like the fix is in.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_19807112

It will be at the dome site using the old dome tax that should have ended 13 years ago (but will be extended another 20+ years).

Also did everyone check out what the Viking's portion of the site? It includes us giving them revenue from stuff like the naming rights and then letting him turn around and give it back to us as part of his share......
Bill

Carol Stream, IL

#9 Jan 25, 2012
No bill has been introduced.
No votes have been taken.

You can contact your representative and tell them how you feel and if this issue will cause you to withhold your vote for them.

http://www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/districts/
tom

Faribault, MN

#10 Jan 25, 2012
Arden Hills is only place that makes sense......Oh and as long as not one dime of tax payer money builds it also....Let the Vikes leave.....If they want new place they can pay for it---or go...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#11 Jan 25, 2012
I hear is never rains in southern California.
trolls

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 25, 2012
just like pohlad wrote:
we got stuck with the walmart stadium for the loser twins, and now it will be forced downtown again.
*** welcome to
TCF stadium for 2 yrs.
<quoted text>
What exactly do you mean by 'walmart stadium'? This is not intended to put you on the defensive, I really don't understand your point about comparing it to walmart.
LMAOROTF

Carol Stream, IL

#13 Jan 27, 2012
I like to smell old sneakers.
Solve for X

Boise, ID

#14 Jan 27, 2012
City counsel says no support without referendum.

Rybak in his arrogance, says "No Referendum, there will be a referendum in two years when I stand for re-election."

Maybe you want to touch base with Wisconsin about setting up for a recall.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 27, 2012
Solve for X wrote:
City counsel says no support without referendum.
Rybak in his arrogance, says "No Referendum, there will be a referendum in two years when I stand for re-election."
Maybe you want to touch base with Wisconsin about setting up for a recall.
The question is , if the legislature say NO to Ramsey County, without a referendum, how does Rybak commit MPLS, which has a charter amendment limiting the city to 10 million without a referendum?? I think I know, but let see if anyone else knows.
OH, and the NFL Owners may nix the dome site because of lost revenues over the next 3 years. Of course if we tax the upper 1% just a little more, then maybe we could make, eh! Mark!
tar got

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 27, 2012
trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly do you mean by 'walmart stadium'? This is not intended to put you on the defensive, I really don't understand your point about comparing it to walmart.
let's see how many times can tar got get their corp logo on tv. the hhh metrodome or i mean the mall of america field or should we call it tar got stadium aka new viking stadium. have to feel sorry for ramsey co. and anoka co. think about all the tax payer money spent on that waste of time and money. get ral it was always going tot be build down town , hennepin county would never lose all the millions and millions of dollars of revenue.
take a deep breath

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jan 27, 2012
Bill wrote:
No bill has been introduced.
No votes have been taken.
You can contact your representative and tell them how you feel and if this issue will cause you to withhold your vote for them.
http://www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/districts/
it is over and done, the new stadium will be buit with out a vote just like the twins did and it will be DT just the the twins are.

move on - no vote here.
reality check

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jan 27, 2012
cantmakeitup wrote:
I hear is never rains in southern California.
I hear they do'nt speak English in southern Califorina.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#19 Jan 27, 2012
LMAOROTF wrote:
I'm stupid.
I hear you, I used to be a vikings fan too.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 27, 2012
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you, I used to be a vikings fan too.
We miss you and wish you the best!! Hope the Raiders improve next year!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The favorite for chair of the DNC is responding... Sat MO_EATS_DUNGS 10
News President-elect Trump on former rival Hillary C... Nov 26 PARDONIng is COLL... 22
News Labor force trends suggest Minnesota will need ... Nov 6 MAGA2016 1
News Novel gene resists toxic wheat disease that cos... Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News FHU Bible professor to debate renowned atheist Oct '16 1 and 1 and 1 is 3 11
News Why Taking A Yoga Teacher Training May Be One O... (Dec '15) Oct '16 Eddy Donald 2
News Defying prejudice, Islam's mystical, musical st... Sep '16 The Last Warrior ... 2
More from around the web