Dayton: Tax pushback to be 'death of ...

Dayton: Tax pushback to be 'death of this country'

There are 19 comments on the St. Cloud Times story from Sep 13, 2012, titled Dayton: Tax pushback to be 'death of this country'. In it, St. Cloud Times reports that:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? The answer is... MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Cloud Times.

goose

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Sep 13, 2012
How does government best get more money coming in?
NOT by raising taxes!

The best way is to make this state business friendly so they can grow, add jobs (& people who pay taxes), and pay more in taxes themselves as the company grows.
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 13, 2012
Both parties are guilty of using scare tactics. There is plenty of waste if they would take the time to find it, but instead they threaten to cut the most visible, necessary funding for things like schools, snow plowing, etc. They're all losers!
Ir-AssWn

Kent, WA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Hey, lets ask infertile, unhappy, old crones how to run the government, they're A WASTE of parts !!! LMAOROTFu~!
Raymond

Andover, MN

#4 Sep 13, 2012
With trillion dollar deficits there is not enough taxpayers to support these budgets. Raising taxes on rich amounts to an additional several billion in new tax revenue.

See the mathematical problem?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Raymond wrote:
With trillion dollar deficits there is not enough taxpayers to support these budgets. Raising taxes on rich amounts to an additional several billion in new tax revenue.
See the mathematical problem?
Yeah, you don't get money adds up and fighting the deficit in increments lowers the interest as we pay OUR bushwhacker's debt down....
Fred

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Taxing to cover for poor policy and decisions is what got us into this mess to begin with. Government leaders need to have the balls to make decisions that will be politically unpopular but fiscally sustainable. Credit card mentality has crept into government, they're all lined up at the trough - waiting for Dayton, in this example, to bless them monies -our money. Then blame an 'unfair' tax policy that forces him to make decisions that leaves some out of the lottery and directing the anger of those left out, at the 'greedy' Republicans.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Fred wrote:
Taxing to cover for poor policy and decisions is what got us into this mess to begin with. Government leaders need to have the balls to make decisions that will be politically unpopular but fiscally sustainable. Credit card mentality has crept into government, they're all lined up at the trough - waiting for Dayton, in this example, to bless them monies -our money. Then blame an 'unfair' tax policy that forces him to make decisions that leaves some out of the lottery and directing the anger of those left out, at the 'greedy' Republicans.
Actually, it was unfunded spending and tax cuts, but continue to delude yourself, as you change monikers, lose the election, and act a fool....
Just Sayin

United States

#8 Sep 13, 2012
Besides tax increases that add up to a few billion to solve a trillion dollar deficit, the budget is 60 entitlements
Fred

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it was unfunded spending and tax cuts, but continue to delude yourself, as you change monikers, lose the election, and act a fool....
Name changing troll thinks refusing to raise taxes is a tax cut.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#10 Sep 13, 2012
So you've forgotten the bushwhacker tax cuts, but the important issue is MY moniker, while you change yours ??? Seems stupid-right !! Actually, it was unfunded spending and tax cuts, but continue to delude yourself, as you change monikers, lose the election, and act a fool..
Fred

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Sep 13, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it was unfunded spending and tax cuts, but continue to delude yourself, as you change monikers, lose the election, and act a fool....
Hey troll, where are all of your "widening the gap" and "We're winning, now let's run up the score!" spam threads?

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 46% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Poor deluded fool, the worst poll in the last election and YOU NEED IT !!!

RCP Average 9/4 - 9/12 ---- 48.6 45.1 Obama +3.5
Rasmussen (Thursday) 3-Day Tracking 1500 LV 3.0 46 47 Romney +1
Democracy Corps (D) 9/8 - 9/12 1000 LV 3.1 50 45 Obama +5
FOX News 9/9 - 9/11 1056 LV 3.0 48 43 Obama +5
Reuters/Ipsos 9/7 - 9/10 873 LV 3.4 48 45 Obama +3
Gallup (Wednesday) 7-Day Tracking 3050 RV 2.0 50 43 Obama +7
ABC News/Wash Post 9/7 - 9/9 710 LV 4.5 49 48 Obama +1
CNN/Opinion Research 9/7 - 9/9 709 LV 3.5 52 46 Obama +6
IBD/CSM/TIPP 9/4 - 9/9 808 RV 3.5 46 44 Obama +2
Fred

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 13, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Poor deluded fool, the worst poll in the last election and YOU NEED IT !!!
RCP Average 9/4 - 9/12 ---- 48.6 45.1 Obama +3.5
Rasmussen (Thursday) 3-Day Tracking 1500 LV 3.0 46 47 Romney +1
Democracy Corps (D) 9/8 - 9/12 1000 LV 3.1 50 45 Obama +5
FOX News 9/9 - 9/11 1056 LV 3.0 48 43 Obama +5
Reuters/Ipsos 9/7 - 9/10 873 LV 3.4 48 45 Obama +3
Gallup (Wednesday) 7-Day Tracking 3050 RV 2.0 50 43 Obama +7
ABC News/Wash Post 9/7 - 9/9 710 LV 4.5 49 48 Obama +1
CNN/Opinion Research 9/7 - 9/9 709 LV 3.5 52 46 Obama +6
IBD/CSM/TIPP 9/4 - 9/9 808 RV 3.5 46 44 Obama +2
Oops...

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 46% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

When “leaners” are included, it’s Romney 49% and Obama 47%. Leaners are those who initially indicate no preference for either candidate but express a preference for one of them in a follow-up question.

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#14 Sep 13, 2012
So Gov GoogleyEyes, who happens to keep all of his money in the State of South Dakota to avoid paying Minnesota taxes, wants to raise the taxes on the evil rich...imagine that.

A Silver Spoon Dem wants to raise taxes on everyone but himself. Hypocrite!

I say we abolish all State Income Taxes and institute a Trust Fund Tax.

Do you think Gov GoogleyEyes will go along with that one?
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#15 Sep 13, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
So Gov GoogleyEyes, who happens to keep all of his money in the State of South Dakota to avoid paying Minnesota taxes, wants to raise the taxes on the evil rich...imagine that.
A Silver Spoon Dem wants to raise taxes on everyone but himself. Hypocrite!
I say we abolish all State Income Taxes and institute a Trust Fund Tax.
Do you think Gov GoogleyEyes will go along with that one?
More crap, from the Clucker....
Just Sayin

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
So you've forgotten the bushwhacker tax cuts, but the important issue is MY moniker, while you change yours ??? Seems stupid-right !! Actually, it was unfunded spending and tax cuts, but continue to delude yourself, as you change monikers, lose the election, and act a fool..
Unfunded? Ya think.

That is the whole premise of Keynesian , welcome to Greek.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#17 Sep 13, 2012
Rawmoney wants to pile on more unfunded cuts !!! Wrongney ???WTF !

“Government breeds Poverty”

Since: Jan 11

Woodbury

#18 Sep 13, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you don't get money adds up and fighting the deficit in increments lowers the interest as we pay OUR bushwhacker's debt down....
Welfare Kingpin. We pay more in interest than can collect on tax revenue from the rich with 16 trillion in debt.

Take an accounting class and stop living on the govt dole.
Amused SLEW

Kent, WA

#19 Sep 13, 2012
Love your "writing" from whatever moniker you're using... Funny, you pretend I said stuff, but it's written in your "style" ??? POORLY !!! WOW !? For a "smart" guy, you eschew reality and embrace rhetoric, everyday/every way.... Poor Alansky "tricks", by a dumb racist moron... WHO "worked" 2 hours and 15 minutes, than ran UNLIKE A MAN !!! Come on NO SHOW, meet at the dojo, CLUCKERS !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stopped 52 times by police: Was it racial profi... Jul 9 Bama Yankee 1
News Former Newport Beach mayor and co-founder of re... Jul 6 mar 1
News Research focuses on health needs of gays, lesbians Jul 5 Sneaky Pete 4
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... Jun '16 Mite Be 1,654
News Clark-Dickman May '16 Bud 1
News May '16 Chameleon 9
News Police seek 3 white suspects after 5 people sho... (Nov '15) May '16 TheDonald2016 202
More from around the web