Catholics don't get to define my marr...

Catholics don't get to define my marriage - even if I am heterosexual

There are 2 comments on the scienceblogs.com story from Aug 10, 2010, titled Catholics don't get to define my marriage - even if I am heterosexual. In it, scienceblogs.com reports that:

Some Catholic site is giving advice on how to field questions from Leftists about homosexuality. After all, those danged lefties keep bringing up issues of equality and civil rights when gay marriage comes up, and it's awfully hard to talk about restricting gay rights without sounding like a bigot or homophobe, so you've got to have a different set of talking points you can switch to whenever talk about equality and fairness and those other non-Catholic doctrines are brought up. So they've come up with five different tactics Catholic bigots can use to divert attention from their bigotry. They hope. Mainly, though, it diverts attention to the fact that they use really, really bad arguments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at scienceblogs.com.

Frank Stanton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#1 Aug 10, 2010
I feel a long anti-Catholic screed brewing in my heart.......

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#2 Aug 11, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
I feel a long anti-Catholic screed brewing in my heart.......
Oh Frank how hard can that be...have you seen their history?:)

Just remember...it's the institution not the people...OK well it's not all of the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Minnesota Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U of M to offer gender-neutral student housing (Dec '13) Dec '13 Joey 1
News Students and faculty unite against voter restri... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Consistent 20
News Prairie Fest wisdom abounds (Sep '12) Sep '12 SpaceBlues 1
News Bachmann suggests intelligent design is a 'scie... (Dec '11) Jan '12 tha Professor 50
News Pharyngula (Nov '11) Nov '11 Amused 5
News Myth-bustin' bad arguments about atheists [Phar... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Hedonist 3
News Botanical Wednesday: I see it as giving the fin... (Apr '11) Apr '11 true beliver in god 1
More from around the web