Scott Lavergne's arrest in Mickey Shu...

Scott Lavergne's arrest in Mickey Shunick case stuns hometown

There are 23 comments on the The Shreveport Times story from Jul 8, 2012, titled Scott Lavergne's arrest in Mickey Shunick case stuns hometown. In it, The Shreveport Times reports that:

The streets of the Acadia Parish town where Brandon Scott Lavergne grew up were quiet Saturday morning, just two days after the former Church Point resident was charged with the murder and aggravated kidnapping of Mickey Shunick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shreveport Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rita

Haslet, TX

#1 Jul 11, 2012
What is accusation of Brandon burning down two of his homes is there any truth to this?!?!
CP RESIDENT

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Rita wrote:
What is accusation of Brandon burning down two of his homes is there any truth to this?!?!
No this is first time I heard this said. Nothing about burning down houses has been in the news.
Mallet

Haslet, TX

#3 Jul 11, 2012
CP RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
No this is first time I heard this said. Nothing about burning down houses has been in the news.
in one of the first news cast of his arrest a news crew was at the scene on elaine rd. one of his neighbors was interviewed, she said the only time she ever spoke with his is when he ran to her home to ask to use to phone to report his house on fire. I did see that but have not heard that anywheres else.
CP RESIDENT

United States

#4 Jul 11, 2012
Mallet wrote:
<quoted text>in one of the first news cast of his arrest a news crew was at the scene on elaine rd. one of his neighbors was interviewed, she said the only time she ever spoke with his is when he ran to her home to ask to use to phone to report his house on fire. I did see that but have not heard that anywheres else.
Yes now that you say that I do recall that neighbor saying that. You are correct.
Crazy

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Did you read the arrest report from his arrest in 2000 for Agg oral sexual battery? He is a very sick man!
Richard res

Opelousas, LA

#6 Jul 11, 2012
I seen the clip on Katc about him using a neighbors phone to report the house burning, so at least one fire occurred in our area. I'm not sure about where he was living at the time of the other reported house fire. But one things for sure he likes to start fires.
robert

North Adams, MA

#7 Jul 11, 2012
okay, here is a senerio,this person drove to texas with the intent ,as he did that night mickey went missing... he took the bike in the opposite direction from were he lives to out smart the cops...taking poor mickey with him. he later after his truck showed up on the news panicks and drives the back road not the interstate for fear of getting caught.... takes 190 to rt12 and before crossing the border of taxas he stops at night on the 3 mile steach of rt 12 just before the border of texas to put some evidence he wanted to hide... then crossed over the border to unload the truck...just a thought that the 3 mile streach of road on route 12 just before the border of texas should be searched the side heading to texas would be my guess... and this is just a thought
Would rather not say

Lafayette, LA

#8 Jul 11, 2012
If you yahoo or google search his address, you will see the house originally there ... it was built in 2000 ... it is not the same house shown on the news ...
patty potato

Opelousas, LA

#9 Jul 11, 2012
robert wrote:
okay, here is a senerio,this person drove to texas with the intent ,as he did that night mickey went missing... he took the bike in the opposite direction from were he lives to out smart the cops...taking poor mickey with him. he later after his truck showed up on the news panicks and drives the back road not the interstate for fear of getting caught.... takes 190 to rt12 and before crossing the border of taxas he stops at night on the 3 mile steach of rt 12 just before the border of texas to put some evidence he wanted to hide... then crossed over the border to unload the truck...just a thought that the 3 mile streach of road on route 12 just before the border of texas should be searched the side heading to texas would be my guess... and this is just a thought
Are you a medium?? What evidence would he be hiding
Tim

United States

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Would rather not say wrote:
If you yahoo or google search his address, you will see the house originally there ... it was built in 2000 ... it is not the same house shown on the news ...
is that the house he burned down
robert

North Adams, MA

#11 Jul 14, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text> is that the house he burned down
well, lets put it this way looking at his home an the easiest route to conceal his crime... would be 190 to rt12... evidence well it will have to be searched and something may be found there... its only three miles on one side of the hwy..it should not be that far off the road way ...seeming he was rushing to drop off the evidence... and go on his way to burn the truck... also rental cars and bus terminals and cab companies...should be looked at for his return back louisiana area ...
Just me

Lafayette, LA

#12 Jul 16, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text> is that the house he burned down
That is what has been reported ... it was a foundation house, he then moved the mobile home there
Search

United States

#13 Jul 17, 2012
In my opinion the evidence is somewhere between Lafayette and new Orleans. The same day Mickey disappeared lavergne went to the hospital in new Orleans. He must have dumped the bike while on his way to N.O.
The other evidence could be anywhere from Lafayette to N.O. but remember this man is an offshore worker he probably is familiar with coastal Louisiana from catching boats and helicopters to go to the rigs. He could have driven anywhere on his route to N.O.
Just a comment

United States

#14 Jul 18, 2012
If he is guilty he will get what he deserves is all I have to say
curious1

United States

#15 Jul 18, 2012
Wasn't he arrested with Ronnie Bertrand years ago for robbing graves?
had enough

Haslet, TX

#16 Aug 10, 2012
curious1 wrote:
Wasn't he arrested with Ronnie Bertrand years ago for robbing graves?
yes it was with him.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#17 Aug 10, 2012
On a Gather blog, or somewhere, I think I remember reading something about bloodied photo's he took of himself? Has anyone else heard of this? Also, I'd just like to hear from some people in the community who actually knew him, and what he was really like. One person interviewed said he was a loner type, who was bullied in HS. Then I happened across some FB posts that said the total opposite. Said he had plenty of friends in HS, and was not the outcast some were making him out to be. Did this guy have multiple personalities or what? He went through a prison program designed for sexual predators and seems to have completed it with flying colors, yet from his past, it seems he has a very strong hatred and disrespect for women. I hope authorities are not only looking at Texas, but expand their interest to other areas he may have traveled to. I think they need to start checking into his whereabouts, since he was released from prison. I doubt very seriously Mickey was his only victim since then. They need to be looking into other places he might have traveled to. For instance, did he ever take a hunting trip to or know anybody in Darden, TN, where the Bobo girl disappeared?
had enough

Haslet, TX

#18 Aug 11, 2012
AmericanBulldogger wrote:
On a Gather blog, or somewhere, I think I remember reading something about bloodied photo's he took of himself? Has anyone else heard of this? Also, I'd just like to hear from some people in the community who actually knew him, and what he was really like. One person interviewed said he was a loner type, who was bullied in HS. Then I happened across some FB posts that said the total opposite. Said he had plenty of friends in HS, and was not the outcast some were making him out to be. Did this guy have multiple personalities or what? He went through a prison program designed for sexual predators and seems to have completed it with flying colors, yet from his past, it seems he has a very strong hatred and disrespect for women. I hope authorities are not only looking at Texas, but expand their interest to other areas he may have traveled to. I think they need to start checking into his whereabouts, since he was released from prison. I doubt very seriously Mickey was his only victim since then. They need to be looking into other places he might have traveled to. For instance, did he ever take a hunting trip to or know anybody in Darden, TN, where the Bobo girl disappeared?
I read that also about the bloody pictures and also lots of different women's id's. I met him once. My brother went to school with him. I'm sure there are plenty more, almost has to be from killing before he went to jail then coming out 4 years ago and just decided that night to do it. I don't think so. They say he'd been going to church every Sunday until MS disappeared. I guess only he and our maker knows and the girls if they're anymore besides these 2.
Hello

Lafayette, LA

#19 Aug 11, 2012
AmericanBulldogger wrote:
, yet from his past, it seems he has a very strong hatred and disrespect for women.
And Sadly ,I think the hate comes from his biological mother rejecting his requests wanting to meet her when he was young!
ReapWhatYouSow

Houston, TX

#22 Aug 11, 2012
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of information from family, friends and people he knew can be found on www.websleuths.com I think you have to register to read but you will find juicy tidbits not printed in the media.
juicy tidbits??? wtf? your morbid curiosity disgusts me - may Michaela rest in peace, surround her family with love, and if anyone knows of other killers and knows information about other similar crimes committed by Brandon or another person, call the police and prevent more heinous crimes like this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Louisiana at Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Editorial: Tobacco-free policy at UL the right ... (Jul '14) Aug '15 Jerry 2
News Wedding: Kara Stephens & Garland Miller, III (May '15) May '15 Reader 1
News Mickey Shunick Fought for Her Life, Court Docum... (Aug '12) Jul '14 Ethan Comeaux 3
News University of Louisiana at Lafayette group serv... (Feb '14) Feb '14 JustCallingIt 1
News African-American History billboard to be displa... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Couple displaced by Katrina now worries about K... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Karen 1
News University partners with movie industry on docu... (Sep '13) Sep '13 cp peeps suck eggs 2
More from around the web