For 80 per cent young adults, oral se...

For 80 per cent young adults, oral sex is not sex, reveals new study

There are 35 comments on the Mid-Day Mumbai story from Oct 15, 2012, titled For 80 per cent young adults, oral sex is not sex, reveals new study. In it, Mid-Day Mumbai reports that:

Most of the young adults in the US think that oral sex is not really sex, according to a 2007 survey of undergraduate college students http://www.mid-day.com/relationships/2012/oct/151012-For-80-per-cent-young-adults-oral-sex-is-not-sex.htm Most of the young adults in the US think that oral sex is not really sex, according to a 2007 survey of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mid-Day Mumbai.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ben

Clyde, OH

#30 Oct 16, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion,oral sex is just as much sex as masturbation.
Oh, don't worry about all those gobs I just launched down your throat, on your face, in your hair......it's not sex, Honey. You can go home looking like that....your parents won't care or suspect anything.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#31 Oct 16, 2012
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, don't worry about all those gobs I just launched down your throat, on your face, in your hair......it's not sex, Honey. You can go home looking like that....your parents won't care or suspect anything.
I trust you will give her some time to clean herself up,Ben.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32 Oct 16, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion,oral sex is just as much sex as masturbation.
I think I agree with that.
It's sex as in sexual although not sex as in losing virginity.
Ben

Clyde, OH

#33 Oct 16, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>I trust you will give her some time to clean herself up,Ben.
Why, BJ's aren't sex. Just send her home with dried spunk on her and her clothes. It would make any parents proud.
Ben

Clyde, OH

#35 Oct 16, 2012
kik-wire wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I agree with that.
It's sex as in sexual although not sex as in losing virginity.
I can't think of any reason why any Mom and Dad wouldn't be proud of their daughter coming home with crusty remains all over herself. It ain't sex, no big deal.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#36 Oct 16, 2012
This is the best definition of sex I've heard....

"Having sex" means any consensual behavior between two or more individuals involving genital contact and bodily penetration.

Since: Nov 11

Irving, TX

#37 Oct 16, 2012
_Zoey_ wrote:
This is the best definition of sex I've heard....
"Having sex" means any consensual behavior between two or more individuals involving genital contact and bodily penetration.
I sorta agree,,,all but the penatration,,,,it can be sex with out penatration,,,,,just touching even looking is sex in the eys of the courts,,,LOL

Location hidden

#38 Oct 16, 2012
SDMale wrote:
<quoted text>I sorta agree,,,all but the penatration,,,,it can be sex with out penatration,,,,,just touching even looking is sex in the eys of the courts,,,LOL
Exactly, that was the point of the statement. Sex is sex if there is genital contact, not only penetration.

I copied the statement from a blog so stating it intact was necessary. If I had written it, I would've added "and/or."

When you think about it, a bj is penetration, only not in the typical sense of the word.

Irving, TX

#39 Oct 16, 2012
_Zoey_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, that was the point of the statement. Sex is sex if there is genital contact, not only penetration.
I copied the statement from a blog so stating it intact was necessary. If I had written it, I would've added "and/or."
When you think about it, a bj is penetration, only not in the typical sense of the word.
yep,,you right about a BJ,,,,

“Play with your food”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#40 Oct 16, 2012
Incredible obsession with putting labels on everything. Is it sex, is it gay, is it bi? Why does it matter? Sex is about likes and dislikes, period. If teens are getting off without risking pregnancy, then I think it's great! Better that than a bunch of single teen moms... Lets face it, you can call it sex, or you can call it popcorn... It won't matter a bit to them.

Irving, TX

#41 Oct 16, 2012
""Lets face it, you can call it sex, or you can call it popcorn... It won't matter a bit to them."" It's still SEX !!! sucking, licking or penatrating,,,,it's all SEX,,,LOL

“Play with your food”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#42 Oct 16, 2012
SDMale wrote:
""Lets face it, you can call it sex, or you can call it popcorn... It won't matter a bit to them."" It's still SEX !!! sucking, licking or penatrating,,,,it's all SEX,,,LOL
Yes, it is... And what's your point? That they shouldn't? Because I don't know about you, but I was getting off almost daily as a teen and I didn't waste any time sitting with my girlfriends debating what to call it. People are so uptight...

Irving, TX

#43 Oct 16, 2012
the only point I am making is that some people, kids,,, teens,,,think that it's NOT sex as long as they are not Fcuking each other,,,,but the truth is,,,is all sex if your exploring anothers gentals,,,male or female,,,

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 Oct 16, 2012
SDMale wrote:
the only point I am making is that some people, kids,,, teens,,,think that it's NOT sex as long as they are not Fcuking each other,,,,but the truth is,,,is all sex if your exploring anothers gentals,,,male or female,,,
This is yet another case of people deluding themselves. as Zoey put it, it is still sex but the stigma has gone out of it since I grew up, maybe that is better, a lot of sex stigma has gone these days and I applaud that. Not always sure about the subject matter but we were far less open and repressed in my day so thumbs up for open sexuality.

God I wish I was 17 not :)

Location hidden

#47 Oct 17, 2012
Spectacles wrote:
Incredible obsession with putting labels on everything. Is it sex, is it gay, is it bi? Why does it matter? Sex is about likes and dislikes, period. If teens are getting off without risking pregnancy, then I think it's great! Better that than a bunch of single teen moms... Lets face it, you can call it sex, or you can call it popcorn... It won't matter a bit to them.
Labels are a necessary evil. Some need them to define themselves.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moo-ving out: Sensor sends text alerts from cow... Jul 21 Newt G s Next Wife 3
News Second man arrested in slaying of Lashawn 'Suga... (Sep '10) Jul 10 Tammy from millbu... 6
News Man, 71, charged with sexual assault of strip c... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Jerry Curl 39
News Oldham County Board of Education selects new su... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News Danville man accused of boiling water assault (Oct '12) Apr '16 come on 17
News Is oral sex really sex? (Mar '11) Apr '16 Ben 245
News Budget cuts could shut down a Kentucky university Mar '16 Zioni 5
More from around the web