UK hospitals lose top-quality nursing...

UK hospitals lose top-quality nursing designation

There are 11 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Mar 1, 2011, titled UK hospitals lose top-quality nursing designation. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

The University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital and Kentucky Children's Hospital have lost Magnet hospital status, a designation health officials have touted as the "highest honor a hospital can receive for its nursing services." Low scores in patient and nursing satisfaction and "nursing sensitive indicators," which measure quality of care by looking ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

longtime coming

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2011
Saw this coming. Now there like a deer in headlights..
WDR3

Dayton, OH

#2 Mar 1, 2011
Carp..the ceo of hosp...bankrupt..UCLA medical center.....sounds like his past is following him
bigwhoop

Henderson, KY

#3 May 31, 2011
Magnet status means nothing....all it shows is how willing they were to jump through hoops. Same nurses now as last year.
uk rn

United States

#4 Jun 3, 2011
I have worked there as an RN for 5 years an it has gone downhill so fast it's crazy! Karpf takes care of his 'VIP's (AKA anyone with money) and makes sure they get the best care, but all other patients, staff and nurses they could basically care less about. They expect their nurses to work short staffed with not enough equipment and no raises for years. It's crazy- I am currently looking for work elsewhere and know several coworkers who are doing the same...
Yeah

London, KY

#5 Jun 6, 2011
longtime coming wrote:
Saw this coming. Now there like a deer in headlights..
I saw it coming too. Sad.
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#6 Jun 7, 2011
I had a longer than average stay at UK hospital and I thought ALL the nurses and nurses aids where really great. To any of those people that read this...THANK YOU.
It's not just the nursing staff that thinks it's going down hill. Other folks that work there say the same thing. I don't think its the best work environment thats for sure.
sooo

United States

#7 Jun 7, 2011
most all of UK will suffer as a result of the failed administrations "top 20" efforts which basically amounted to throw money at building projects at the expense of all else.

I bet they have to cut the hospitol to the bone to pay for that monstrosity they now occupy.
Brad

Waynesburg, KY

#8 Jun 7, 2011
sooo wrote:
most all of UK will suffer as a result of the failed administrations "top 20" efforts which basically amounted to throw money at building projects at the expense of all else.
I bet they have to cut the hospitol to the bone to pay for that monstrosity they now occupy.
Probably.
Ukkoed

Lexington, KY

#9 Mar 12, 2012
at a salary of $790,000.00 who has time to care about workers.
not really

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Mar 12, 2012
WDR3 wrote:
Carp..the ceo of hosp...bankrupt..UCLA medical center.....sounds like his past is following him
Karpf

Since: Aug 12

Goshen, KY

#11 Aug 9, 2012
What company has Anita Capello's malpractice insurance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baptist hospital earns top rank (Jul '15) Jun 17 Rotten Cardiologist 2
News Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex Stabbing (Apr '13) Apr '17 reverend adkins 20
Chester ref John Higgens real home and business... Mar '17 Bbn1981 2
Interviewee Search Grad reseach Mar '17 billiam7967 1
News Parents charged after 11-month-old boy ingests ... Feb '17 Lets pray 3
News Dr. Martin Luther King's legacy includes Bellam... Feb '17 White Christian Man 1
News Justice Roberts speaks, but mum on Trump's high... Feb '17 Anne 1
More from around the web